IT'S OFFICIAL: Oronde's Back! / Roster Moves | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IT'S OFFICIAL: Oronde's Back! / Roster Moves

Kinda surprise they release Roundtree...

I didn't want him back and don't think he will bring much on the field. Hopefully as you all say he will spark something just being in the locker room. They better not go pushing into the starting lineup unless he proves he deserves it. I really don't see him bringing much to the field. Most likely he will just get hurt and suck another injury settlement out of us.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I didn't want him back and don't think he will bring much on the field. Hopefully as you all say he will spark something just being in the locker room. They better not go pushing into the starting lineup unless he proves he deserves it. I really don't see him bringing much to the field. Most likely he will just get hurt and suck another injury settlement out of us.

Way to see it half full.

just being realistic... he showed up to camp over weight and out of shape. and now after nursing an injury and sitting out of football for 3 months do we really expect him to be in better shape?

just being realistic... he showed up to camp over weight and out of shape. and now after nursing an injury and sitting out of football for 3 months do we really expect him to be in better shape?

Oh please, OG is tall and gangly... People like that can drop 20 pounds in 2 weeks, especially during an NFL training camp. Someone here reported that he was in better shape than trainign camp.

What we have, Derrius Thompson, sucks. I'm all for declairing the guy a mistake and cutting his ***. Enough of him rounding out routes and not being physical on slants. He's a lightweight and a total bust IMO. OG has to be better because at least he's physical.

It's reported that OG is much lighter than he was when we signed him in the summer. The Herald says he weighed in at 216 lbs last week at the Phins facility. It also said that Gadsden's playing weight last season was 225 lbs.

I like the move. At least we know he was a capable threat in the redzone. Hopefully he can still make some of the plays he made in the past.

I was all for OG getting released, this move might work though, but let's not forget it's been 13 months since OG played in a game. It'll take some time for him to get into football shape, but hopefully he can be fresh and help out in December. I've read somewhere recently that DT signed a $600,000 bonus, so the Dolphins will have to eat that to cut him.

From the same article........

Thompson's play prompted at least two offensive players to say last week they weren't sure why he was still on the game-day roster or even the 53-man roster.

Again, OG's 216 lbs right now. He played at 225 last year. Might not take him that long to contribute.

''I'm not saying I can play a whole game right now. I'd be ready in a couple of weeks. But if you're talking about four or five third downs, I can give you that right now and give you everything you need,'' Gadsden said Monday in a phone interview.

Originally posted by Vegas_Phin
I like the move. At least we know he was a capable threat in the redzone. Hopefully he can still make some of the plays he made in the past.

I think it brings something possitive for this team now, a player that nows the system and the playbook, and a proven playmaker.

Yes, It kind of reminds me of an earlier post

Link
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?postid=318077#post318077

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Guys, we can't get first downs. Our third down success rate is amoung the worst in the NFL. OG is a guy that will get you first downs. He will take pressure off Chambers especially in the Red Zone where he's tough on the fade pattern and a Safety has to be in there over the top to defend which usually opens something else up. This is good for the team on the field and in the locker room. Remember how strong OG is after the catch. This Offense needs that kind of toughness and Thompson was hurting us with his meager efforts. He is a favorite target for Jay, they play well together and I think the Coaching Staff is leaning toward reinserting Jay when he can go 100%. This Offense can only go up from here. It's been a while since we got a real Touchdown.

He knows the offense? he was in this offense what, 3 months? I really don't like this move, but hopefully some of you are right.

He knows the offense? he was in this offense what, 3 months? I really don't like this move, but hopefully some of you are right.

What do we have to lose?, worse case scenario you put Thompson back, which isn't gonna help much. So either way we are screwed, you might as well give OG a shot.

Back
Top Bottom