Its Official Ricky Williams will be in camp | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official Ricky Williams will be in camp

Agua said:
Turned out to be right, though, didn't they?

Absolutely, I'm not debating that point at all.

I'm saying there's a difference between just being flat out strange and being a cancer in the locker room. These people that claim he is a cancer are completely misinformed, because there has never been one ounce of proof of that indeed being the case.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Missing a couple of meetings all of a sudden qualifies you as a cancer in the locker room?? Now I've heard it all.. :lol:

Also, I've read several articles where New Orleans players felt he was a great teammate but they never became close because of his social problems. I don't know where you get that his teammates were pissed at him, sounds like a bunch of bull**** to me.

Again, he has never been a distraction at ANY point in his career. I mean s*it, Randy Mueller wrote an article on ESPN recently stating that the reason he was traded because he was a strange kid, and had a strange personality, and they were scared about putting "all their eggs into one basket" but that was based on absolutely NOTHING, other than simple observation on how he acted. A result of the disease.

I never said missing a couple, you did. He was the highest fined player on the team. Here you go.......

Saints players were levied approximately $180,000 in fines by the team last season. Running back Ricky Williams, who is now with Miami, and tackle Willie Roaf, who is with Kansas City, were two of the biggest culprits, missing or being late for team meetings and committing other violations. Williams had $85,000 in fines; Roaf had slightly more than $50,000. "With those two guys gone, we probably won't have more than $30,000 or $40,000 in fines," Haslett said. Local charities typically benefit from players' misdeeds

Ozzy said:
I never said missing a couple, you did. He was the highest fined player on the team. Here you go.......

Saints players were levied approximately $180,000 in fines by the team last season. Running back Ricky Williams, who is now with Miami, and tackle Willie Roaf, who is with Kansas City, were two of the biggest culprits, missing or being late for team meetings and committing other violations. Williams had $85,000 in fines; Roaf had slightly more than $50,000. "With those two guys gone, we probably won't have more than $30,000 or $40,000 in fines," Haslett said. Local charities typically benefit from players' misdeeds

Hahah lets see him argue that.

pwn3dyo said:
about time hes back. Still my favorite player on the dolphins
hey, mcfly.....really..? after al the bs last year, he was always your fav. player..wow...sure, he didnt affect the season last year at all...

Ozzy said:

How does missing a couple of meetings translate into your teammates hating you and being a cancer??

I don't know what your definition of a locker room problem child is, but Terrell Owens b*tching out an offensive coordinator about not getting the ball on the sidelines is a perfect example of my definition.

As I suspected you exaggerated your facts by stating that his teammates didn't like him, which was complete bull****.

enigmatics said:
Hahah lets see him argue that.

Great Post. :rolleyes:

Your hatred of Ricky Williams, for whatever strange reason, is quite blinding. That sad signature of yours says it all.

MelbournePhin said:
i think UNC may have mistaken NFL sunday for Sunday School
Well I'm glad my school emphasizes integrity first and winning second. I'd hate to be a business partner with some of you, you'd just stab people in the back at any opportunity.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Well I'm glad my school emphasizes integrity first and winning second. I'd hate to be a business partner with some of you, you'd just stab people in the back at any opportunity.

once again you have severely overreacted :shakeno:

TGall13 said:
I don't know about cheap wins?? Any win in the NFL is a good win....

Yeah! Winning is the only thing. Lie, steal and cheat. That's what I tell my kids. Play dirty. Break the rules. The only thing that matters is winning! Dam what's right and what's wrong.

Man, I hope we aren't raising a bunch of kids to think this way. Because if they think this way in sports, they will think this way in life.

And BTW, I try to teach my kids right from wrong...on the playing field and in life. I hope all of you guys are being the role model for your kids on this issue and not leaving it to Ricky.

Schleprock said:
Sorry to bring age into it, but you are 21 and have a lot of learning ahead of you. We are all naive at a younger age. Wait till you are 25+ and see if you feel the same way about a lot of things

*waits for the "I am mature, you don't know what I have gone through" reply* :rolleyes:

And you are only 25. Because I'm a little older *cough* does this make my opinion anymore valid than yours? Should I be saying you are wrong because you haven't been through what I have? How about wait until you are 40 and then let's see if you feel the same?

I don't understand what the big deal with Ricky Williams returning is. Just because he smoked pot does NOT make him a bad guy. I mean, you guys act like smoking pot is just as bad as a murder or something. He's not a cancer and most of this place just don't know what 'second chances' are. And people will say "we gave him a second chance, we traded for him!" Yeah, I'm sure if NO wanted to let go of him that bad, they would of bargained for something less than 2 1st round picks. I don't know why you guys act like he's a terrible citizen, I mean you guys do your research and what not, just to make Ricky look bad and yourself look good. You're just smearing him. And I will probably be flamed for have another opinion, but for Christ's sake... This just maybe way people think of Dolphin fans as arrogant a$$holes! But on a lighter note, I'll just wait for the day, when Ricky comes back and has a solid game, so many opinions will be changed, but to this day, we'll deny that it will happen in the future. Because that's just the way the human race is... Our opinion is always right... never wrong...

FaninPatsyLand said:
How does missing a couple of meetings translate into your teammates hating you and being a cancer??

I don't know what your definition of a locker room problem child is, but Terrell Owens b*tching out an offensive coordinator about not getting the ball on the sidelines is a perfect example of my definition.

As I suspected you exaggerated your facts by stating that his teammates didn't like him, which was complete bull****.

I exagerated my facts? What I did was I showed you a quote from his freaking coach!!!

It's not a couple of meetings either. That's a lot of missed meetings, and being late to a lot of practices. Plus, he did not participate in offseason programs.

Now how can a player who refuses to participate in off-season workouts that, like it or not, everyone else participates in, be considered a detriment to his team's chemistry? How can a player who misses mandatory meetings be a team cancer? How can a player that does these things, NOT BE a detriment, or a cancer to his team, and his teamates?

I can see it now, his teamates say to one another, hey Ricky's late again, and one of them replies, yeah I wish I was that good at what I do because then I could be just like him.......man what a great teamate that Ricky is!!!
:rolleyes:

=The main problem that Williams has is proper respect for his own thoughts and desires. He was pampered in college, and wanted the same treatment in the pros.

Unfortunately that can make you a "clubhouse cancer" in the NFL, like it or not!!!

Bigbucks24 said:
And you are only 25. Because I'm a little older *cough* does this make my opinion anymore valid than yours? Should I be saying you are wrong because you haven't been through what I have? How about wait until you are 40 and then let's see if you feel the same?
Har har, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom