Its Official Ricky Williams will be in camp | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official Ricky Williams will be in camp

TGall13 said:
Saban has also said that Ricky didn't leave his team, he left last years team. This is a new team, new year, new coaching, etc. The main issue that I would have with Ricky coming back is how the guys in the locker room feel about it. Most of the vets have said they would support it. IF he comes in and works hard and shows that he's on the same page with everyone.

Yeah, he didn't leave "Saban's" team, but he did leave a team that sure does have an awful lot of the same people on it as Saban's current team has now. How can someone like McKinney block for the guy? McKinney wasn't that great before, but after everything Ricky said about him there has to be a part of McKinney and the rest of the O-line that WANTS to see Ricky get jacked up in the backfield, and that does nothing but hurt our team. Ricky needs to just go the hell away and let Ronnie Brown do what we drafted him to.

grendel said:
I 'd love to see one of these RW haters line up one on one across the so called "190 pound puffer" any day. All the bitterness will fade quickly with a stiff arm to the chops!

Na, I'll leave that to Jason, and Zach in his first practice. I hope I'm there too. I might even forgive him if that were to happen.

Anyway, you seem just as bitter, so why not YOU run one of us over?

TarHeelFinFan said:
Makes 0 sense? It's the freakin' law. You're only bringing age into because you have no other argument, you just want Ricky back for a few cheap wins the next couple of years despite the mockery he's turned this franchise into.
I'd love to be making an NFL salary as a player, does that mean I have a right to it? No, I'd have to earn it. After what Ricky did, he's lost that.

That makes ZERO sense.

YES, you have the right to make that amount of money. Yes you have to earn it by playing. No, you won't, because you aren't skilled enough to warrant "employment" (just like any other job you apply for). Ricky also has the RIGHT to make that salary. Ricky has to earn it as well through playing. He HAS earned it because he has the skills to fit the employment needs. Ricky's personal issues have NOTHING to do with your argument, they are a personal matter between him and the employer and whether that employer assumes the risk. Do normal, everyday companies (lets use BJ's Wholesale Club for example) do background checks and drug tests?? YES THEY DO!! They assume risk in an employee by doing that, just like the Miami organization is doing with Ricky.

I dont' even know what you are arguing about, because you make no sense.

Go back and review your business law 101 classes please.

P.S. When a kid turns out a crackhead or in jail because he followed a poorly modeled person of fame...the most appropriate thing to do is turn and point at MOM AND DAD. It's THEIR job to raise the kid...not the person on TV or the magazine....or else they shouldn't have put the pee pee in the magic slot.

TarHeelFinFan said:
So winning with integrity shouldn't matter? Some of you would sell your very souls while crushing your own mother under a steamroller for an extra win or two and it's very sad.

so when was the last time intregrity got you some wins and superbowl...NONE.

THis is about putting together the best possible team and putting them out in the field. Like it or not Ricky makes our team that much better.

Save the integrity for the family values. This football, a business!!!!!!!!!!

TarHeelFinFan said:
Yeah, he didn't leave "Saban's" team, but he did leave a team that sure does have an awful lot of the same people on it as Saban's current team has now. How can someone like McKinney block for the guy? McKinney wasn't that great before, but after everything Ricky said about him there has to be a part of McKinney and the rest of the O-line that WANTS to see Ricky get jacked up in the backfield, and that does nothing but hurt our team. Ricky needs to just go the hell away and let Ronnie Brown do what we drafted him to.

Ricky said some things about Mckinney and visa versa. Both were true. McKinney did stink it up and Ricky did walk out on his team. But if they can reslove their issues and be men about it, then I can accept him back as well. It's really not up to me or you, it's up to the guys he plays with.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Why does everyone continue to portray this guy as a cancer in the locker room?? He has never been a cancer at ANY point in his career! :shakeno: He had social problems with New Orleans, but you can't classify that as being a problem child.

In his two years here in Miami, he was a model citizen who never complained and did everything asked of him. Sure other players in the locker room might not like the idea of him being with the team. But at this point, that is not Ricky Williams' problem, he won't be starting the trouble if there is any. I trust Saban and his influence over players, he'll mesh them into a cohesive unit with a common goal.

If I'm Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas, I love the fact Saban continues to bring in people that will help them win, regardless of the past.

He was a HUGE distraction in the locker room in NO's. That's one of the main reasons why he was traded.

He always skipped team meetings, and was constantly late for practice, and the players were pissed at him for it. He was one of the highest fined players in NO's every single year.

TarHeelFinFan said:

And what if Ronnie brown is a bust..he hasnt even taken an NFL snap. What are we going to do now. Saban did the right thing in bringing ricky back. Anyway you slice it Ricky and Ronnie make the backfield real dangerous...

AquaAssasin said:
And what if Ronnie brown is a bust..he hasnt even taken an NFL snap. What are we going to do now. Saban did the right thing in bringing ricky back. Anyway you slice it Ricky and Ronnie make the backfield real dangerous...

i think UNC may have mistaken NFL sunday for Sunday School

grendel said:
I 'd love to see one of these RW haters line up one on one across the so called "190 pound puffer" any day. All the bitterness will fade quickly with a stiff arm to the chops!

Im a 310 pound OL/DL semi pro player from last year. Ill sure has hell line up accross from him.

Ozzy said:
He was a HUGE distraction in the locker room in NO's. That's one of the main reasons why he was traded.

He always skipped team meetings, and was constantly late for practice, and the players were pissed at him for it. He was one of the highest fined players in NO's every single year.

Missing a couple of meetings all of a sudden qualifies you as a cancer in the locker room?? Now I've heard it all.. :lol:

Also, I've read several articles where New Orleans players felt he was a great teammate but they never became close because of his social problems. I don't know where you get that his teammates were pissed at him, sounds like a bunch of bull**** to me.

Again, he has never been a distraction at ANY point in his career. I mean s*it, Randy Mueller wrote an article on ESPN recently stating that the reason he was traded because he was a strange kid, and had a strange personality, and they were scared about putting "all their eggs into one basket" but that was based on absolutely NOTHING, other than simple observation on how he acted. A result of the disease.

FinaticPatch said:
Im a 310 pound OL/DL semi pro player from last year. Ill sure has hell line up accross from him.

But could you tackle him??

Just kiddin bra :)

He won't play at 190, I'm sure he'll get up close to 220ish by the time he's ready to play.

It will be much easier for Ricky to bulk up and add weight, than it was for him to take it off......he'll just have to go eat with Timbo and Chester at IHOP a few times a week and he will be 220 in a few months.....the season doesn't start for over four months and I am sure Ricky can get into playing shape very quickly. It also might not be a bad thing for Ricky to be a little lighter....that will just make him faster. ALSO as far as being a cancer in the locker room, well Ricky is not a guy like Ty Law/Terrell Owens who is always running his mouth.....I think the Dolphins will accept him back as long as he works hard in camp and shows a real desire to come back. We all screw up....that's life. :wink:

FaninPatsyLand said:
I mean s*it, Randy Mueller wrote an article on ESPN recently stating that the reason he was traded because he was a strange kid, and had a strange personality, and they were scared about putting "all their eggs into one basket" but that was based on absolutely NOTHING, other than simple observation on how he acted.

Turned out to be right, though, didn't they?

Back
Top Bottom