Its Official Ricky Williams will be in camp | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official Ricky Williams will be in camp

TarHeelFinFan said:
So winning with integrity shouldn't matter? Some of you would sell your very souls while crushing your own mother under a steamroller for an extra win or two and it's very sad.

What a homer.... All I said was that whatever your opinion is about RW, Saban could care less. Your exageration is lame, btw. :cry:

TarHeelFinFan said:
Nobody has a right to anything in regards to employment except the right not to be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, or sexual orientation and the right to the legal minumum wage and safety standards.

I'd love to be making an NFL salary as a player, does that mean I have a right to it? No, I'd have to earn it. After what Ricky did, he's lost that.
I've been sitting back and reading your weak argument, but have to chime in and say that was the worst reply I have heard yet. That last comment makes 100% zero sense.

Sorry to bring age into it, but you are 21 and have a lot of learning ahead of you. We are all naive at a younger age. Wait till you are 25+ and see if you feel the same way about a lot of things

*waits for the "I am mature, you don't know what I have gone through" reply* :rolleyes:

MelbournePhin said:
the guys in the FO arent fools. i trust their judgment and maybe you should as well.
Yeah, our front office, which is largely unchaned has done such a spectatcular job these last 5 years that ANYONE who loves the fins can really trust their judgment. Yeah, that Rick Spielman guy is just such a keeper. :shakeno:

Schleprock said:
I've been sitting back and reading your weak argument, but have to chime in and say that was the worst reply I have heard yet. That last comment makes 100% zero sense.

Sorry to bring age into it, but you are 21 and have a lot of learning ahead of you. We are all naive at a younger age. Wait till you are 25+ and see if you feel the same way about a lot of things

*waits for the "I am mature, you don't know what I have gone through" reply* :rolleyes:
Makes 0 sense? It's the freakin' law. You're only bringing age into because you have no other argument, you just want Ricky back for a few cheap wins the next couple of years despite the mockery he's turned this franchise into.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Yeah, our front office, which is largely unchaned has done such a spectatcular job these last 5 years that ANYONE who loves the fins can really trust their judgment. Yeah, that Rick Spielman guy is just such a keeper. :shakeno:

Bro, you sure don't sound like much of a fan. You ***** about everything that the phins are trying to do. Wait... I got it, are you female? :peebs:

TarHeelFinFan said:
Makes 0 sense? It's the freakin' law. You're only bringing age into because you have no other argument, you just want Ricky back for a few cheap wins the next couple of years despite the mockery he's turned this franchise into.

winning is the goal of all NFL teams. winning turn "mockeries" into successful franchises. so please re-think how "cheap" the wins will be, mr. ethics/morality/playing god

phinphan11 said:
Bro, you sure don't sound like much of a fan. You ***** about everything that the phins are trying to do. Wait... I got it, are you female? :peebs:
I'm not complaining about everything the franchise is trying to do, I love our draft and our free agent and coaching signings have been solid so far, but Ricky should be out of the equation.

MelbournePhin said:
winning is the goal of all NFL teams. winning turn "mockeries" into successful franchises. so please re-think how "cheap" the wins will be, mr. ethics/morality/playing god
God forbid we expect our kids' athletic role models to have ethics :shakeno:

TarHeelFinFan said:
God forbid we expect our kids' athletic role models to have ethics :shakeno:

who said ricky was a role model? do you honestly expect all athletes to be role models? cmon man, you are kidding yourself, we dont live in freakin Utopia where everybody is so pure and innocent

MelbournePhin said:
who said ricky was a role model? do you honestly expect all athletes to be role models? cmon man, you are kidding yourself, we dont live in freakin Utopia where everybody is so pure and innocent
Whether he likes it or not he is. That's like the stupid Charles Barkley "I'm not a role model" speech, yeah ya are Charles, like it or not. Part of the job of being a highly famous athlete is being a role model, if he doesn't want to play the part he should step aside, like he did, but he should not come back to that role.

TarHeelFinFan said:

I don't know about cheap wins?? Any win in the NFL is a good win...

But you have to look at this and give Saban some props. How hard did Wanny try to get Ricky back?? He was begging him to come back.
Also, a big reason why Ricky left was due to the coaching staff and the way he was being used. With the number of carries he was getting, he had a right to feel he'd be in a wheelchair by the time he was in his mid thirties.

Saban has put together a "dream team" coaching staff and Ricky can see that he won't be misused. He knows he won't have to carry the team or be the focal point, which is something that someone with Bipolar doesn't want or need. And don't give me the "He's doing it for the money" Bull, most, if not all pro athletes are motivated by the money.

Saban has also said that Ricky didn't leave his team, he left last years team. This is a new team, new year, new coaching, etc. The main issue that I would have with Ricky coming back is how the guys in the locker room feel about it. Most of the vets have said they would support it. IF he comes in and works hard and shows that he's on the same page with everyone.

TarHeelFinFan said:
Whether he likes it or not he is. That's like the stupid Charles Barkley "I'm not a role model" speech, yeah ya are Charles, like it or not. Part of the job of being a highly famous athlete is being a role model, if he doesn't want to play the part he should step aside, like he did, but he should not come back to that role.

im not gonna argue about ricky being a role model. we are getting off track here. ricky is back. deal with it, or change allegiance. maybe there will be a new powder puff league coming into existence soon

TarHeelFinFan said:

He's only a role model to kids whose "parents" allow their children to have pro athletes as role models. My kids look up to and respect what pro athletes can do, but I'm their role model, their teacher's are their role models, not Ricky Williams!

Back
Top Bottom