It's Time For Fales If Tannehill Can't Go... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time For Fales If Tannehill Can't Go...

In all seriousness, IF Tannehill can’t go after the bye (and I hope he can), these two weeks off seem like an ideal time to prepare Fales and give him a shot. I’m not saying 100% of our issues are on Osweiler, but enough are, and we need a spark.

I'm 100% with you.

Not gonna happen. Not at 5-5.

That's the variable. Be realistic. Fales has only played in a meaningless season finale while Osweiler has started games for several different teams.

No matter what it looks like, Gase at 5-5 is not going to trust the season with Fales.

Ignoring that is like ignoring Gore career rushing attempts vs Drake career rushing attempts and somehow believing Drake will have 2x to 4x more.

when Brock gets pressure he runs backwards like 15 -20 yards to add to the sack it's infuriating

IMO, we left 4 TDs on the field in the first half yesterday.
I don't see how it could be much worse with Fales in there.

It doesn’t matter who plays QB. This team has no punch, it is amazingly soft. That’s why they’re getting spanked in every prime time game or in the 2016 playoffs because they’re just not physical. That’s why the QB - no matter who’s back there - is getting sacked on every meaningful 3rd down. All this will only change with a new coaching staff that knows how to build a professional football team.

Brock can’t read coverage which has him going to the wrong progressions post snap, bypasses obvious sticks primary progressions in short yardage, locks onto his primary’s despite coverage played or post snap leverage from the cover player, can’t throw it in the ocean down the field and bails pockets he doesn’t need to backwards when if he stood in and went to a secondary progression he’d have options.

He’s playing himself out of the league is what he’s doing. Doing a damn fine job of it.

When your literally incapable of scoring tds, what have you got to lose?
Not at 5-5. That's all I am telling you. It always sounds great from afar "oh just tank" "what do we have to lose". Easy to say. But no team goes that route. Tannehill could suck donkey balls Gase (and no coach) would go to the backup (regardless of who it is) just because "to see what we have got". Same in our situation right now. There is a reason of the pecking order in the beginning of the season.
The only time a coach might consider such move - might consider - is when he has purposely installed a mediocre starter as a placeholder for his future QB he just drafted.

Let's try Fails. What's the worst that can happen? A loss?

Colin Kaepernik time..... just kidding. Fales, Brock, and Tannehill all are useless. Draft and develop time.

Let's try Fails. What's the worst that can happen? A loss?

No. From a fan’s viewpoint it makes sense (and it does). WE are the ones who have nothing to lose. Let’s face it: we’re done, be lucky (or unlucky) to win another game in my opinion.

But the coaches.....

THOSE are the guys that have something to lose. As in their jobs. No way they are going to do anything that might mean a loss, such as sticking a rookie (more or less) QB in there.

I hear you, it wouldn’t be a gamble or even a downgrade. It isn’t like the season is on the line. And who knows? Maybe Fales could pull the rabbit out of the hat and be fairly competent. Nobody expects to win anymore, but we’d feel a bit better with an offense that can move and, you know, score 3 TDs a game.

But no way the coaches will do it. It’ll be Tannehill or Osweiler. There’s your season. Because in the mind of the coaches (Gase) those two give us the best chance of winning the game.

History (as well as every ****ing Miami fan) knows better.

I dont get it.

I dont understand why we waste roster spots on guys that Gase refuses to play.

You dont yank your starter without a damn good reason, BUT...

BO isnt a starter for this team, he is a damn back-up. If he is ineffective, you bring in the OTHER back up.

If Fales sucks that bad (yea, he does), why the hell are we wasting a roster spot on him? Stop the insanity.

Back
Top Bottom