It's Time For Fales If Tannehill Can't Go... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time For Fales If Tannehill Can't Go...

how did Fales get to be in the team>Gase put him there, so it follows that we may lose 75-0 if they put Fales in there who is a glorified high school player.

the back-up quarterback-in this case fales-is always the most popular player on a losing team.

Nothing to lose.

I say they use this time for Tannehill to run routes and see how he does at WR.

That's the variable. Be realistic. Fales has only played in a meaningless season finale while Osweiler has started games for several different teams.

No matter what it looks like, Gase at 5-5 is not going to trust the season with Fales.

Ignoring that is like ignoring Gore career rushing attempts vs Drake career rushing attempts and somehow believing Drake will have 2x to 4x more.
Well, what was the point of keeping him on the roster initially? If he doesn't trust him, when it's clear the current starter isn't up to it, regardless of experience? What's the point of all his BS earlier in the season as to how it was "week to week" as to which was the backup, and he couldn't separate them?

Gase is full of BS.

In all seriousness, IF Tannehill can’t go after the bye (and I hope he can), these two weeks off seem like an ideal time to prepare Fales and give him a shot. I’m not saying 100% of our issues are on Osweiler, but enough are, and we need a spark.
I'm all in on this too; but I also say keep RT17 on the bench. He won't be here next year so lets keep him healthy and try to get some team more desperate than us at QB to trade for him. There is no way we are going to keep him for the $$ he is due next year and 2020...I'm all in on Fales for the rest of the season...watching Brock is like torture...starts off decent, throws some safe reads, moves the offense a bit, gets too confident, throws a stupid INT at an awful moment in the game...rinse, repeat...I can't watch it anymore!!!

Can Fales be worse than BO? I don’t see how. BO is beyond pathetic, at least we can have some hope. I mean can he get a QB rating above the mid sixties. If not, why is he still on this team?

It seems like it would have been a good idea to get a better backup plan for a player who has been on IR for the past two years, but what do I know.

I don't understand the arguments from people saying that playing Fales would be tanking the season. I thought that was what we were doing with BO? Seriously, the guy gives us next to nothing right now. With the current line situation, mobility would sure be nice. After muffing that snap, the dude didn't even touch the football in pursuit of it. He's a statue. The INT was terrible, the miss to Parker was worse, and he had 2 other INT's simply dropped by the D. I think he came in with some momentum 5 weeks ago, but has progressively gotten worse and is in that deer-headlights mode now that he won't get out of. After the first drive yesterday did any real fans HONESTLY think we'd get in the endzone on any of the other red zone drives? I know there are issues ALL around BO right now that aren't his fault, but if Fales is even close to comparable, don't you need to see it? Some guys excel in games where they don't as much in practice. Probably a far fetched hope there, but I have no interest watching this team any further with BO.

I'm all in on Fales for the rest of the season...watching Brock is like torture...starts off decent, throws some safe reads, moves the offense a bit, gets too confident, throws a stupid INT at an awful moment in the game...rinse, repeat...I can't watch it anymore!!!

Oh man i just had to laugh at this because it hits home so much, especially the "I cant watch it anymore!!".

Yeah, Fales is here because Gase thinks highly of him, so when your backup QB cant score a TD to save his career, maybe its time to put your golden child in? Unless he likes the way holds a clipboard?

It could be he doesnt want to expose him to the poor protection Brock has been dealing with (poorly) and end the illusion he might be worth keeping around.

Could Gase actually end 3 QB's careers in a single year? Probably not, if Tannehill is healthy he plays somewhere next year.

Oh man i just had to laugh at this because it hits home so much, especially the "I cant watch it anymore!!".

Yeah, Fales is here because Gase thinks highly of him, so when your backup QB cant score a TD to save his career, maybe its time to put your golden child in? Unless he likes the way holds a clipboard?

It could be he doesnt want to expose him to the poor protection Brock has been dealing with (poorly) and end the illusion he might be worth keeping around.

Could Gase actually end 3 QB's careers in a single year? Probably not, if Tannehill is healthy he plays somewhere next year.
Imagine? It could happen...and with the Swiss-cheese like pass protection they have flashed at times, maybe you're right, maybe he doesn't want to damage Fales, physically or mentally...hard to get into a good rhythm when your line averages .7 seconds of drop back time...

Yes Fales can be worse than BO he can run around backwards before throwing 4 Ints.
who would want Fales in there?

we have no tight end and the worse receivers in the league, 4 passing plays that everybody in the league scoffs at, and people want Fales.

I'm all for the tank. William Hill can have that money I bet this summer on the over.

I'm not confident that Dolphins brass has what it takes to make the type of decisions needed to better the team. The trade deadline inactivity gave that away. Perpetually 8-8 picking in the middle 1st is a sure way to always be 8-8 and picking in the middle of the 1st round.

Some pray for 9-7 and a playoff berth...I pray we read the Rams "How to" to show us how to go from ashy to classy. Take a season, or two (I want Lawrence) to bring in draft picks and FA...then we take off.

Back
Top Bottom