It's Time For Fales If Tannehill Can't Go... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time For Fales If Tannehill Can't Go...

I agree, let Fales give it a try.

They are still playing hard but make too many stupid mistakes; standing in the endzone to down a punt, taking a sack on 4th and long instead of just letting it go and maybe a defender will catch an interception making the kind of bonehead play we do.

the back-up quarterback-in this case fales-is always the most popular player on a losing team.
Fales for some reason was always popular even when Tannehill started. People seem to forget that the 3rd QB spot is for absolute emergencies only.
Heck I remember the days when we had the 3rd QB rule and Jim Jensen functioned as our emergency 3rd string QB.

No coach will ever go down to the 3rd string on their own free will when you are technically and/or mathematically still in play for the playoffs. That is a surrender sign.

yall waitin on Mr Average to limp up an’ pooch pass us to the promised land, huh? yall are into some serious self flagellation.. that’s what 45yrs of waitin does to yur mind

Fales for some reason was always popular even when Tannehill started. People seem to forget that the 3rd QB spot is for absolute emergencies only.
Heck I remember the days when we had the 3rd QB rule and Jim Jensen functioned as our emergency 3rd string QB.

No coach will ever go down to the 3rd string on their own free will when you are technically and/or mathematically still in play for the playoffs. That is a surrender sign.
I thought Fales was a co backup 2nd string with Osweiler, not a 3rd stringer........... or was that some made up BS just to shut people up?

Put Fales in, why not. Osweiler has completely **** the bed the last two weeks. Always nice to see a professional athlete NOT take advantage of a situation given to him.

he should play fales and see what he got..we need future qb

I thought Fales was a co backup 2nd string with Osweiler, not a 3rd stringer........... or was that some made up BS just to shut people up?
Never heard of him being a co backup 2nd stringer. They might have been in preseason while fighting for the roster spots with Petty still trying to get in.
But in the hierarchy listed for NFL games he was 3rd. So if the statement was made that they are co backup 2nd string during the season (which I don't know that it was) is was clear BS.
By rule you have to have a designated starter and backup on the active roster list. You can put a 3rd QB on the active roster but most teams only use active roster spots for 1 and 2 and dress the 3rd QB from the inactive list only. You can dress a 3rd QB from the inactive list but if he enters the game between quarter 1 and 3 then neither of the other two could enter the game again.
I know last year Cutler and Moore were on the active roster with Fales dressed from the inactive roster. I doubt they changed it this year with Tannehill and Osweiler.
The latter (3rd string dressed as QB but on inactive list) is a leftover from the old 3rd QB rule where the 3rd string QB did not count against the active roster. So whenever you went down to your 3rd string and your backup or starter could have been put back into the game you were screwed (unless it happened in quarter 4).
Now teams have the option of putting a 3rd QB on the active roster therefore could take him back out prior to the 4th quarter if the medical condition of the starter or backup changes. But it has to be clear who the starter, backup and 3rd string is.

I think we all know we don't have CRAP combined on the roster for QB.

Plain and simple.

Crap franchises like the schlock Ross runs screw the pooch @QB as SOP.

Couple that with pathetic OL development and dead wood garbage like Parker hanging on and...

Guaranteed we finish this year with yet ANOTHER losing record.

Thanks Ross!

2009-20018 = 70 wins 84 losses!

Let Fales start, can he really be as bad as BO? If Gase really is such a great QB whisperer then surely he should be able to mold Fales into something, and if Fales is not moldable, then why is he on the roster?

In all seriousness, IF Tannehill can’t go after the bye (and I hope he can), these two weeks off seem like an ideal time to prepare Fales and give him a shot. I’m not saying 100% of our issues are on Osweiler, but enough are, and we need a spark.

What no corresponding video? Bummer

So just swap out Fales to 2nd string brock to 3rd problem solved then you are not starting a 3rd string anymore

If you want to start Fales, then you want to tank. We won’t win a game.

Not winning with Brockenstein either.

At this point playing Fales gives you a better shot, just based on what I saw in his start against Buffalo last year versus what I've seen out of Brock the past few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom