It's Time We Drafted A 1st Round Qb | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time We Drafted A 1st Round Qb

get a qb in the first round in 2019 and if he has a Tanny like first year draft another one in 2o2o.
key: hire outside help to draft dont let the FO make the picks. they might draft a punter who wants to quarterback. draft qb, qb and qb.

Of course we could fire the FO, but we dont want people to feel bad and miss any meals. Better yet, make Tanny GM so he can continue to live in the style hes become accustomed to, give him a big office but route his phone calls to the basement. Have the maintenance guy pretend hes Belicheck
This is a bizarre post and was borderline schizo. But entertaining nonetheless.

I like the part where we keep the FO but hire an outside guy to make the decisions for them. This should work very well. Who are we thinking for this? Arnold Schwarzenegger? Obama? Spike Lee? Eminem? Dan Blizerian?

[QUOTE="39wildman, post: 7759980, member: 28796"]if thill17 was above avg. we wouldn't be talking about him on this site like this. the problem w dolphins is they don't know when keep a player or let a player go. it all boiled down to f/o and what does really want do. be 8-8

Yes we would. Remember, 'keep trying til you get a franchise/elite QB.' Let's take an arbitrary number, Let's say 'average' is beteen 10th and 20th best QB. How many of those teams either draft 'competition' or bring in a FA good enough to challenge?[/QUOTE]
no you don't keep trying but if u see player that everybody know he is good or going be better. you draft qb. don't just draft a qb just to say u doing it. when dolphins draft marino. they had winning team but shula saw better qb in 1983. that how you draft a qb.

Watched a half of Haskins today. Go back to school young man. Possesses slow and heavy feet right now and relies on his arm to outweigh his processing of information. That’s fine in college. Won’t be in the pros.

Needs another year in college.

I liked Tua before I watched him today. looked like doo doo

how about duke qb???
Washington st qb

Last edited:
how about duke qb???
Washington st qb
Oregon duck qb
Michigan qb.
these are 4 I am interest in.

What happened to Lock out of Mizzu he was being talked about alot last year, I've heard nothing about him all year, did he fall off big time or get injured or something

What happened to Lock out of Mizzu he was being talked about alot last year, I've heard nothing about him all year, did he fall off big time or get injured or something
he is still top pick in 2019

If winning the SB is the end game, then the Fins are in no hurry to draft a QB, there are so many other very weak spots on the team that they can afford to be patient and build a solid football team while they look for a QB upgrade. Giving up multiple assets for a rookie QB when your team is bad just wastes years of that QB on a rookie contract. Look at the Jets and Browns, they're not winning games while their QB is dirt cheap, on the other hand, look at KC and the Rams...

If winning the SB is the end game, then the Fins are in no hurry to draft a QB, there are so many other very weak spots on the team that they can afford to be patient and build a solid football team while they look for a QB upgrade. Giving up multiple assets for a rookie QB when your team is bad just wastes years of that QB on a rookie contract. Look at the Jets and Browns, they're not winning games while their QB is dirt cheap, on the other hand, look at KC and the Rams...

Which is why I was hoping for a fire sale at the deadline. Everyone with a large contract would have been fair game in order to get assets with the idea of getting the most top 100 players you can. That 6th you got for Branch, couple that with the 4th you would get for Wake and get a 3rd. "We won't have a pass rush..." as if we presently have one halfway into the season. Get a 2nd/3rd for Parker to add to ours. Trade out of the 1st. We may have 5 or 6 top 100 players. To help fill gaps.

A top 5 QB is rarely going slide to the 20's on draft day due to a drug rumor, so I disagree with the school of thought that says perpetual 8-8 will get us the QB we desire. I think or will always get us coin tosses like Charles Harris, but look on the bright side...two or three more drug scandals like Marino's and Tunsil's and we'll be in great shape.

I personally don't mind wasting years on a rookie contract if in the end we have the most important position locked up for 10-15 years. I feel there's a greater chance we can fill in some good pieces around a very good qb then the opposite. There's just a lot more options that way.

If winning the SB is the end game, then the Fins are in no hurry to draft a QB, there are so many other very weak spots on the team that they can afford to be patient and build a solid football team while they look for a QB upgrade. Giving up multiple assets for a rookie QB when your team is bad just wastes years of that QB on a rookie contract. Look at the Jets and Browns, they're not winning games while their QB is dirt cheap, on the other hand, look at KC and the Rams...dolphins are way better than jets and browns. u asking rookie qb to do lots work on them sorry team. dolphins on other hand is much better. a rookie would not have to wk that hard on team like dolphins. every qb that have been draft last3 yr is better than OS, he is winning game w dolphins.

Take a shot at Grier or Lock in 2019

Shea Patterson or Fromm in 2020

TREVOR LAWRENCE! in 2021

I've only been saying this for years. Whether we get a QB for next year or not ... one thing MUST happen before next year. We need to get rid of both Osweiler AND Tanny.

The Dolphins need to get rid of Osweiler outright ... he is so bad, I don't think he deserves to be on an NFL roster.

With Tanny ... its time to suck up your pride ... stop kidding yourselves, and admit you were wrong about him, and take your $13 Million dollar dead money cap hit like a man, and get rid of him to. I've been saying it for the last 3 years about Tanny ... the guy is a "QB tease", and all he will continue to do is keep us in "football purgatory" if he continues to start for us. He is what he is ... god forbid he have yet another season to "evaluate" him. Enough is enough with this bum.

I have seen enough of both of these bums to know we will not go ANYWHERE, as long as these two clowns (especially Tanny) are behind center. Its time to start fresh beginning next year ... whether it Fales, or Falk who is on IR now, or a young, hungry QB wanting a shot ... I don't care who. Its just time to start fresh and get new blood in there. If Osweiler or Tanny is the starter next year, I might go into a 12 month drinking stupor. Its time to move on from both of these asshats, and get someone new in there. I honestly don't think I can handle another season with Tanny at QB ... let alone Osweiler. Move on!

Back
Top Bottom