It's Time We Drafted A 1st Round Qb | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time We Drafted A 1st Round Qb

Yeah, up until the LSU game, I had been holding Oliver in the top spot, but Williams uses his hands so well. The timing and force of his moves is as good as I've seen. I think both are special and the best DT prospects since Aaron Donald and in the top-5 DT prospects of the decade.

^^

Jeff Ireland was the GM when Tannehill was drafted.

Chris Grier is the GM now.

1) What about that don't you understand.

2) What is the basis for your assertion that Grier would not be able to pick a QB.

whats the point? Grier is GM and Tanny is here.

my assertion is based on his past record picking linebackers, tight ends etc.

We need to wait until 2020. I would cut Tammehill and focus on the OL in 2019. Then plan to suck for a high 2020 pick

This is so huge. If we don't put together a competent starting OL and back-ups together then it doesn't matter who's back there. Worst, if a rookie QB, you can ruin him before he's even had time in the NFL.

For the life of me, I don't understand why this organization has played the OL spot half-a@#.

It's one position that can absolutely ruin your entire offense if it's not strong.
It's one position that can absolutely ascend you entire offense if it's strong.

We throw the bare minimum at the position and "hope" it works out.
We get old/injury prone guys in FA and "hope" they don't get hurt etc.

This is so huge. If we don't put together a competent starting OL and back-ups together then it doesn't matter who's back there. Worst, if a rookie QB, you can ruin him before he's even had time in the NFL.

For the life of me, I don't understand why this organization has played the OL spot half-a@#.

It's one position that can absolutely ruin your entire offense if it's not strong.

I don't know. Tunsil first round pick. James first round pick, millions at pro bowl Sitton, trade for Kilgore, etc. etc.

They have put a lot of resources there.

It just hasn't solved the problem. Need to solve the problem. But they've been trying!

It's disgusting that we have NEVER brought in ANY competition for the starting QB job even with Tannehill being an average QB for his entire career. Totally dumb.

I don't know. Tunsil first round pick. James first round pick, millions at pro bowl Sitton, trade for Kilgore, etc. etc.

They have put a lot of resources there.

It just hasn't solved the problem. Need to solve the problem. But they've been trying!

Exactly Tunsil and James are good enough then you mentioned Millions at Sitton and Kilgore.

What's wrong with that picture?

Kilgore AND Sitton are both older guys with injury prone history.

Guess what happened to injury prone guys? Shocker, they got hurt and we're right back where we started.

That's what i called half-a#@ and was more the likely outcome compared to injury prone guys making it the entire season.

I'm so damn jealous of teams like the Patriots. They have a bunch of nobody's at the OL spot and you can't touch Brady. You can't stop them from opening up holes in the running game. The oldest guy is Marcus Cannon and he's 30. Everyone else is younger.

There seems to be a fundamental debate. Some argue Miami hasn't given priority to the OL. Others like to point to top teams who get their OLmen mid-round and don't 'waste' R1 picks.

There seems to be a fundamental debate. Some argue Miami hasn't given priority to the OL. Others like to point to top teams who get their OLmen mid-round and don't 'waste' R1 picks.

Whatever the point it's the same crap every time with this team.
Either we get a superstar QB that can make hundini like plays behind a garbage OL or we put in excess resources into the position.

1) Stop signing often injured OL linemen in FA period
2) Stop signing guys 30 yoa or older
3) I would gladly take an entire draft of OLmen to fix this crap once and for all.

Just curious. How many teams with average QBs bring in 'competition' for the starting job?
tampa bay bucs did it and now they have no qb. it put to much pressure on starting qb I guess. when he is avg..

Last edited:
It's disgusting that we have NEVER brought in ANY competition for the starting QB job even with Tannehill being an average QB for his entire career. Totally dumb.

we dont want poor Tanny to be sad, we must have compassion.

Exactly Tunsil and James are good enough then you mentioned Millions at Sitton and Kilgore.

What's wrong with that picture?

Kilgore AND Sitton are both older guys with injury prone history.

Guess what happened to injury prone guys? Shocker, they got hurt and we're right back where we started.

That's what i called half-a#@ and was more the likely outcome compared to injury prone guys making it the entire season.

I'm so damn jealous of teams like the Patriots. They have a bunch of nobody's at the OL spot and you can't touch Brady. You can't stop them from opening up holes in the running game. The oldest guy is Marcus Cannon and he's 30. Everyone else is younger.

I'm not arguing with you. I was just saying in their own way they're trying.

And I loved the Sitton signing and didn't think his age was a factor (and I still don't).

Kilgore I knew nothing about and before his injury was not impressing me.

Last edited:
Or how many QBs are just floating around out there that could challenge an "above average to good" starter.
if thill17 was above avg. we wouldn't be talking about him on this site like this. the problem w dolphins is they don't know when keep a player or let a player go. it all boiled down to f/o and what does really want do. be 8-8

[QUOTE="39wildman, post: 7759980, member: 28796"]if thill17 was above avg. we wouldn't be talking about him on this site like this. the problem w dolphins is they don't know when keep a player or let a player go. it all boiled down to f/o and what does really want do. be 8-8[/QUOTE]

Yes we would. Remember, 'keep trying til you get a franchise/elite QB.' Let's take an arbitrary number, Let's say 'average' is beteen 10th and 20th best QB. How many of those teams either draft 'competition' or bring in a FA good enough to challenge?

Back
Top Bottom