It's Tribe Time!!! 2007 Cleveland Indians | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Tribe Time!!! 2007 Cleveland Indians

Contract negotiations are set to re-begin this week with Travis Hafner.

At this point, I think you have to resign him or risk losing him and CC after 08.

Good to see the Tribe off to a good start after the all-star break. We still need some help so with the trade deadline coming I expect a move or two.

Good to see the Tribe off to a good start after the all-star break. We still need some help so with the trade deadline coming I expect a move or two.

yup i agree, we need some bull pen help.....hmm not sure if im likeing the hafner signing...i mean yes i like hafner alot, but i rather would have had them use that money to resign CC.......to me CC is more important to the team then hafner...just my opinion thou...but yes nice to get a win after the all star break...im hopeing for a sweep of the royals!

yup i agree, we need some bull pen help.....hmm not sure if im likeing the hafner signing...i mean yes i like hafner alot, but i rather would have had them use that money to resign CC.......to me CC is more important to the team then hafner...just my opinion thou...but yes nice to get a win after the all star break...im hopeing for a sweep of the royals!
not to worry, CC isn't going anywhere. I think both CC and Santana will take less money than available in the market and stay with their respective teams. I am confident Shapiro and CC's agent (also Pronk's agent) will iron out an extension in the offseason.

I refuse to celebrate last nite's victory till the series ends. We never seem to fare well aganist the Royals, so I'll wait till Sunday evening to rejoice or not. And dammit Mariners, beat the Tigers!

another poor start from CC; he needs to shape-up if Tribe are gonna challenge the tigers.

good win, Pronk homers, as does Garko. Still looking for Pronk to return his formidable self because when he does, Tigers will be toast.

What do you guys think of the rumor of the Tribe bringing back Kenny Lofton for the rest of the season? As much as I loved watching Kenny play all those years for the Tribe and as much as I'd love to see him play here again I'm not quite sure he's what we need. I read this on ESPN Insider MLB rumors. I was thinking a power hitting corner OF. Any ideas?

What do you guys think of the rumor of the Tribe bringing back Kenny Lofton for the rest of the season? As much as I loved watching Kenny play all those years for the Tribe and as much as I'd love to see him play here again I'm not quite sure he's what we need. I read this on ESPN Insider MLB rumors. I was thinking a power hitting corner OF. Any ideas?

ya i agree...we already have a leadoff center feilder and i would take grady over kenny anyday...i think we need a nice power bat yes....but also a decent set-up man in the bullpen....as long as we arent tradeing away someone like adam miller...i would be up for trades.

Hey guys, i'm a big tribe fan from up near cleveland and i just saw this thread. Who is excited about what Lofton brings to the table this season? Having a player with his skills who can hit in the two spot should be great for this lineup. The ability to drop a bunt, swipe a bag, hit for average, and play rock solid defense brings alot to the table. I heard all this stuff about needing a power bat, but we have alot of guys who can hit it ou of the park, we just need consistent hitting in the clutch, which I think Kenny can do.
Hopefully Shapiro can keep this awesome season going by bring in a solid bullpen arm, find a 5th starter who can keep us in games, and sign CC to a long term deal. I'm hoping Westbrook settles down as I think we'll need him down the stretch, and I feel Fransisco is our best piece of trade bait for another bullpen arm at this point. We have talent in the OF in our minor league system and Guitierze looks to be a more promising MLB option in RF at this point.

Well sorry about the rant, hopefully you'll see me more in this thread. GO TRIBE

I believe it will be Aaron Laffey, he is in Buffalo right now. I think he is 7-3 with a 3.23 ERA, but don't quote me on that. I have never seen him pitch but I hear the potential is there...lets cross our fingers.

2 1/2 hours till the deadline and I don't here much about the Tribe right now. Hopefully they will make a move but we shall see.

damn....i really wish we would have went and got dotel for our bull pen...atleast we got kenny back

Back
Top Bottom