J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire

Clayton is on my last nerve! Who does he think he is - Saban is following Bellicheck my tuckhous (behind). Saban is getting after it his very own way, and Saban is every bit as much as an innovator and creator in the world of football as Bellicheck. Bellicheck learned from Saban and vice versa. It is synergistic.

Besides that his ideas about Miami as being a 3-4 defense is not in any way shape or form congruent with any piece of information coming from the team, including the personel and player moves we have made. These NFL-so called experts - are a bunch of idiots and clayton gives them another bad name.

His emphasis on Miami once again being a power in the AFC east makes me feel sick. We had ONE bad year. We made a HUGE mistake with Dumbstadt, but EVERYBODY makes mistakes. Look at the Redskins for G-dsake. They have stunk for what is approaching 2 decades and the best they can do is bring back a has been coach to impliment an antequated system that is NOT salary cap friendly. And what about Arizona, and Minnesota, and Oakland, and Detroit, and Cincinatti and the Bears...Those are organizations that one might be talking about "they may once again be on the top of their division" with a vision of NFL history as it really is.

John Clayton and the rest of the NFL - including hungover cynics on this board - are about to get on a VERY serious learning curve. Saban ain't building for no future. He is not talking about winning. He is talking about PHYSICAL football. He is talking about oponents NOT looking forward to playing us do to the PHYSICAL toll it takes on them. That takes all the pressure off of players on our team and puts all the pressure and pain on our opponents. Saban is for real and the results will be to the Dolphin fans liking!

Litho I can sort of understand what you are saying when you question and disagree with Sabans picks. I do think we should of drafted a DT or safety in the early rounds and that never happened. We ended up with roth which we already have Taylor Carter and Holiday. We ended up with Crowder which I dont think you should question because I don't think Thomas will be playing everydown or every game I think he will get hurt for a few and Crowder will be a dominant replacement for the time being.

I still think Miami had an awsome draft I just think they could of had a better draft if they grabbed A starting safety or DT in the early rounds

LithoMan said:
My goodness, ok, once again. ALL WE DID IS DRAFT REPLACEMENTS, for the good players we already got. If, sticking to the 4-3, then why draft a replacement for JT or Zach? We just signed Traylor, so Alibi will probably be cut and signed to practice squad. We get rid of Surtain, to chase Law and taylor and mcQuarters?

we did not improve overall. Channing is no better then Zach, Roth will never be as good a JT. Roth can only play the right side, he will manage on the left, but wont be effective. So, two guys everyone is always hyping, wont be utilized until Zach and JT are gone. And if playing the 4-3, that is just ignorance.

Now, the guys we drafted are good players at their respective position, but we already have those guys in place. ROTH CANNOT play the SS LB in the 3-4, so dont even got there. I know that is a common misconception, but the proof is in the film.

Channing might be used outside, and one day brought inside to be Zach's successor, Roth will make it tough for team to use more then one guy to block Jason, Ron Brown will give the offense an added twist, where he can run (W/Power and speed) or go out for a pass (At times deep with his speed and hands), and stay back as an extra blocker.

Actually Roth would be better off on the line as DE in a 4-3, because he can still add more size, he is not a tweener as many have said. His speed, power, and intensity will make it hard for teams to control him for too long.

tay0365 said:
What!!! :eek: You think Nick blew the draft? on day one he got himself arguably the best RB in the Draft (At the very least, the most complete RB), a DE with a nasty attitude that was considered a 1st round pick, a LB that was considered the best Middle/Inside LB in this years draft (And again, thought of as a 1st round pick).

On day two, he took a Solid CB that already knows Saban's system, an O-linemen, that many say is a very good project to one day become a solid at the very least L-tackle, and finally took a DT that even though will have a tough time making this team, is considered very tough, and could become a very good player to have at backup.

Along with those gems, he got himself another very talented RB, 2 Safeties that show promise, and an underachieving QB that many forget did have pretty good season this year.

If this is a Draft that Saban blew, then Dam, I can't wait to see one where he got it right. :D

End of story.......
End of Lithoman's lame argument... :lol:

Still waiting for Lithoman's draft choices...

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

ajfeeleys#1fan said:
litoman its called rebuilding! why would belichick draft randal gay if he had law? all questions waiting to be answered!

That's an easy one, 1st, they needed a nickel cb..they didn't have one..2nd, just like us, when it came time to renegoiate Laws contract, they had some wiggle room..same thing that speilman did with drafting Poole and signing Howard, preparing for Surtains departure. Two cheap but good replacements fo r one huge contract.

While shocked by the Mueller pick...

I'll give Nick Saban credit for tabbing a highly touted personnel guy.
Got to admit I will be curious to see how Mueller does.

Mile High Fin said:
End of story.......
End of Lithoman's lame argument... :lol:

Still waiting for Lithoman's draft choices...

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

:lol:

raving said:
John Clayton and the rest of the NFL - including hungover cynics on this board - are about to get on a VERY serious learning curve. Saban ain't building for no future. He is not talking about winning. He is talking about PHYSICAL football. He is talking about oponents NOT looking forward to playing us do to the PHYSICAL toll it takes on them. That takes all the pressure off of players on our team and puts all the pressure and pain on our opponents. Saban is for real and the results will be to the Dolphin fans liking!

That part just got me fired up. Very passionate post. :beerbang:

raving said:
Clayton is on my last nerve! Who does he think he is - Saban is following Bellicheck my tuckhous (behind). Saban is getting after it his very own way, and Saban is every bit as much as an innovator and creator in the world of football as Bellicheck. Bellicheck learned from Saban and vice versa. It is synergistic.

Besides that his ideas about Miami as being a 3-4 defense is not in any way shape or form congruent with any piece of information coming from the team, including the personel and player moves we have made. These NFL-so called experts - are a bunch of idiots and clayton gives them another bad name.

His emphasis on Miami once again being a power in the AFC east makes me feel sick. We had ONE bad year. We made a HUGE mistake with Dumbstadt, but EVERYBODY makes mistakes. Look at the Redskins for G-dsake. They have stunk for what is approaching 2 decades and the best they can do is bring back a has been coach to impliment an antequated system that is NOT salary cap friendly. And what about Arizona, and Minnesota, and Oakland, and Detroit, and Cincinatti and the Bears...Those are organizations that one might be talking about "they may once again be on the top of their division" with a vision of NFL history as it really is.

While I DEFINITELY agree with everything you said, I feel atleast its better to be compared to BB and Pioli than Wanny and Speilman(even though I liked some of their moves while they were here:hide: ) Love the last paragraph and think you're right on point.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
THat is where I disagree. I think a good draft is one that gets 3 solid starters out of the first four picks and one turning into a probowl player in 2 to 4 years. If you are looking for immediate impact then there is something wrong with your team. Miami's defense is still talented so it is very difficult to draft someone who would start

Ok, but what about the O. That is the one thing I feared about Saban's inexperience. He is a very strong D guy, and our O suffered due to it. Yes, good talent draft, but not a good draft.

Does our O not need help? There were plenty of good O guys that could of easily been used all year long, over situational D guys. is that not the truth? Our WR/TE are good, but what else on O do you feel comfortable with?

And the answer to your immediate impact, is that every team has players that can be replaced. So, every team can be improved with a better draftee, that can have an immediate impact. its splitting hairs, but I dont think we improved the team. I dont feel we got the BAP's. I feel he had a mission, and never took the blinders off, for what was there on his pick.

Back
Top Bottom