J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
It has nothing to do with class. It has everything to do with love of the game. I think Jason has a lot of it and if he feels he can contribute as a situation pass rusher, I do not see him leaving.

Also with Zach it looks like he is going to be gone after this year unless he takes a big pay cut. He has said he thinks that there is a good chance he will not be a Dolphin next year due to his contract.

I do not see them as replacements. I saw them all as BAO or BPA who fits the Saban mentality and scheme. The Dolphins REALLY needed youth on defense.

I agree whole heartedly. Our D is aging fast. And probably got older with our signings. But, it ws his first draft, so I give him some slack, but just because some guy is ranked in the top 3 of ends, or top 5, or whatever non-sense, dont mean I have to like it.

I know I cant get most people to underatand were I am coming from, but we DID waste good picks on replacements. There will be good LB that can play inside/outside on 4-3/3-4 D's in the 06 draft. Just because some guy from Florida is on the team, whoopie. Your loyalties lie elsewhere, and not with the Phins.

Saban could of done a whole hell-o-lot more with his picks, and that is my point. You think because the guys he got are talented, which they are, makes it a good draft? That makes it a good talent draft, but not a good draft. A good draft with guys you pick in the first/second/third/ and sometimes the fourth round are immediate contributors. These guys are not immediate contributors, except for Ronnie. They are replacements and situational guys. That is not smart picking. That is want/need picking. That is how he blew the draft. There are good DE/LB/and position you can name in any draft. So, just because you like Channing/Matt/whoever, dont make it a grat draft. It makes it, "I like that guy from Florida, glad he is here" type of draft.

It didnt help the team, maybe in a timeframe of 1-3 years it does, but that is not true value for you pick. Dont matter how you want to slice it, it didnt help this team one bit this season. That is reality, so you climb down you rabbit hole, and let me know when they contribute for 40 plays a game this season.....

LithoMan said:
I agree whole heartedly. Our D is aging fast. And probably got older with our signings. But, it ws his first draft, so I give him some slack, but just because some guy is ranked in the top 3 of ends, or top 5, or whatever non-sense, dont mean I have to like it.

I know I cant get most people to underatand were I am coming from, but we DID waste good picks on replacements. There will be good LB that can play inside/outside on 4-3/3-4 D's in the 06 draft. Just because some guy from Florida is on the team, whoopie. Your loyalties lie elsewhere, and not with the Phins.

Saban could of done a whole hell-o-lot more with his picks, and that is my point. You think because the guys he got are talented, which they are, makes it a good draft? That makes it a good talent draft, but not a good draft. A good draft with guys you pick in the first/second/third/ and sometimes the fourth round are immediate contributors. These guys are not immediate contributors, except for Ronnie. They are replacements and situational guys. That is not smart picking. That is want/need picking. That is how he blew the draft. There are good DE/LB/and position you can name in any draft. So, just because you like Channing/Matt/whoever, dont make it a grat draft. It makes it, "I like that guy from Florida, glad he is here" type of draft.

It didnt help the team, maybe in a timeframe of 1-3 years it does, but that is not true value for you pick. Dont matter how you want to slice it, it didnt help this team one bit this season. That is reality, so you climb down you rabbit hole, and let me know when they contribute for 40 plays a game this season.....

THat is where I disagree. I think a good draft is one that gets 3 solid starters out of the first four picks and one turning into a probowl player in 2 to 4 years. If you are looking for immediate impact then there is something wrong with your team. Miami's defense is still talented so it is very difficult to draft someone who would start

lithoman i know where you are coming from but i believe this all came at the right time to draft roth and crowder. they are 2 very good players with pro bowl potential! channing is very young and talented which will learn to be like seau! he will probably play alot of outside linebacker this year but switch to inside to create confusion! roth could then move to outside linebacker from the de position and that would really bewilder a d! both roth and channing love the game! channing would of been a 1st rounder next year or the year after if he had stayed in college! we got the best players we needed! i know you cant believe we would waste a draft pick on a position we dont need but we did need it! they are going to show it later this season just watch. when rebuilding any defense thats been dominant over the past few years is hard to handle! the pats had to replace alot but ended up with 3 rings when it was all done!
everyone in our draft will contribute

LithoMan said:
So, just because you like Channing/Matt/whoever, dont make it a grat draft. It makes it, "I like that guy from Florida, glad he is here" type of draft.
You've said something to this point a few times and it bugs me. Channing is from Florida and so is Daniels. You can't be talking about Daniels though because he will make an impact this year because of circumstances. So out the 6 people Saban drafted 2 are from florida and you're calling people homers of because they liked the draft class that had 2 people from the state of Florida in it. After reading everything you've said I have come to think that YOU are the one that has a bias and its against ANYTHING this organization does. And with the first selection of 2005 ignore list draft Ether 79 selects..... LithoMan!

LithoMan said:
Please, you dont even know anything about Randy, so why you got caution. Do you even know his past? If you did, except "why he get fired from N.O. if he is so great?" excuse, then you wouldnt know anything about the man.

I notice the same ones applauding Nicks hire, are the same ones questioning Randys hire. Thats because you dont even realize that Nick blew the draft. Thats why Randy is here. Thank You!

What!!! :eek: You think Nick blew the draft? on day one he got himself arguably the best RB in the Draft (At the very least, the most complete RB), a DE with a nasty attitude that was considered a 1st round pick, a LB that was considered the best Middle/Inside LB in this years draft (And again, thought of as a 1st round pick).

On day two, he took a Solid CB that already knows Saban's system, an O-linemen, that many say is a very good project to one day become a solid at the very least L-tackle, and finally took a DT that even though will have a tough time making this team, is considered very tough, and could become a very good player to have at backup.

Along with those gems, he got himself another very talented RB, 2 Safeties that show promise, and an underachieving QB that many forget did have pretty good season this year.

If this is a Draft that Saban blew, then Dam, I can't wait to see one where he got it right. :D

ether what r u talking about? we only drafted one player from florida! daniels was from lsu! litho was trying to say that just because you like a player doesnt mean he will pan out! litho doesnt know is that in some draft boards peaople had crowder ranked in the 1st round but off the field problems, age, and injury promblems lead to him getting picked in the 3rd!

ajfeeleys#1fan said:
ether what r u talking about? we only drafted one player from florida! daniels was from lsu! litho was trying to say that just because you like a player doesnt mean he will pan out! litho doesnt know is that in some draft boards peaople had crowder ranked in the 1st round but off the field problems, age, and injury promblems lead to him getting picked in the 3rd!

i think he meant players that grew up in FL

oh my bad!!!! learn something new everyday! thanks for making me look like an a$$! hahahahahaha

ajfeeleys#1fan said:

Well I meant he's from Miami.

well i love randy mueller signing and i like the draft! we will contend right away! just my opinion! peace!!!

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Clayton is hardly an unbiased source. He and Mueller are very good friends.

Back
Top Bottom