J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire

SkapePhin said:
Please dont feed the TROLL! ie LithoMan.. Lucki;y I still have him on ignore, but I can see his stirring the pot again with some of the responses here..

He thinkgs Nick blew the draft for one reason, he didnt draft an overrated QB.. Please put LithoMan o ignore or he will continue to egg you on til you go insane...

It's worked wonders for me.

litoman its called rebuilding! why would belichick draft randal gay if he had law? all questions waiting to be answered!

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Why couldn't Roth play the other side? It is the weaker side in the pass rush situation.

I do agree that Roth will probably struggle as a LB, that is why he moved to DE.

Zach is old, he has 2-4 years left. Taylor might have more, however I bet in 2 or 3 years he is going to be a situational pass rusher.

Nah, jT has class. When he is done, he will retire. I bet he retires a Phin, before he goes anywhere else. I think JT has 5 years left in the tank, IMO.

Zach, yup, I agree. He is injury plagued now, but making 120 tackles a year does that in time. Much like power rushers. Thats why I try to get people to understand that. Contact kills long term careers.

People still dont understand my point. We drafted high round replacement guys. THEY ARE GOOD PLAYERS! I like Channing alot! But, they were high round draft choices that sit, and play every so often. They wont START until Zach and JT are done.

I have always said, Ronnie will be a good 1000 all purpose yards back. But, he want the best RB. We may good choices as far as talent went, but not the BAP picks, or I would of even went with better need picks, which I hate. We passed up a hell of a lot of talent, to draft replacements. That still bugs me.

Sure, they will play a limited role, this season, but those are maybe at best, low third rounder to 5th rounders. Not 2nd and 3rd round choices that we made.

LithoMan said:
Why was it one of the best? Do you know what the guys we drafted are capable of? What will be there roles in two or three years?

???? Does anyone know that of ANY draft, before the players get on the field??

Sure, they will play a limited role, this season, but those are maybe at best, low third rounder to 5th rounders. Not 2nd and 3rd round choices that we made.

Roth and Crowder were considered by some draft pubs to be late 1st rounders. daniels was a BPA type in round 4. where do you get this nonsense from?

if zach is so injury plagued that is a good reason to get crowder! miami had the best draft! no doubt

LithoMan said:
Nah, jT has class. When he is done, he will retire. I bet he retires a Phin, before he goes anywhere else. I think JT has 5 years left in the tank, IMO.

Zach, yup, I agree. He is injury plagued now, but making 120 tackles a year does that in time. Much like power rushers. Thats why I try to get people to understand that. Contact kills long term careers.

People still dont understand my point. We drafted high round replacement guys. THEY ARE GOOD PLAYERS! I like Channing alot! But, they were high round draft choices that sit, and play every so often. They wont START until Zach and JT are done.

I have always said, Ronnie will be a good 1000 all purpose yards back. But, he want the best RB. We may good choices as far as talent went, but not the BAP picks, or I would of even went with better need picks, which I hate. We passed up a hell of a lot of talent, to draft replacements. That still bugs me.

It has nothing to do with class. It has everything to do with love of the game. I think Jason has a lot of it and if he feels he can contribute as a situation pass rusher, I do not see him leaving.

Also with Zach it looks like he is going to be gone after this year unless he takes a big pay cut. He has said he thinks that there is a good chance he will not be a Dolphin next year due to his contract.

I do not see them as replacements. I saw them all as BAO or BPA who fits the Saban mentality and scheme. The Dolphins REALLY needed youth on defense.

LithoMan said:

So Roth and Crowder were 3rd to 5th round talent?? Come on, they were both listed as 1st round talent on some boards. Both had off field issues, but talentwise they were both steals. Personally I think Benson will be the best back taken, but he also has the biggest chance to be a bust, or end up like a RW. So I think Brown was a safe pick. IMO

Maybe this is a dumb question or whatever, but can somebody please tell me..: Mueller is a well respected man and everthing around the NFL, but what has he done that's any good for other teams? I know he was with the Saints and they stink and don't seem to EVER get better.

BringBackShula said:
Maybe this is a dumb question or whatever, but can somebody please tell me..: Mueller is a well respected man and everthing around the NFL, but what has he done that's any good for other teams? I know he was with the Saints and they stink and don't seem to EVER get better.

his drafts in Seattle were really good. One bad call caused everything he worked for to be destroyed by Holmgren.

LithoMan said:
We did? Or was it all hype... I think the later is most probable. HYPE.

How do you know? You are simply speculating and have no basis for your assertions. Only time will tell and your blanket judgments smack of ingnorance or some sort of bias.

phillyphinphan said:
WHAT???? I'm not a big fan of this move but you're reasoning is way off. Heizenga who is not a "football" guy questions the picks of his recently hire coach? A coach who he paid handsomly to run this FRANCHISE not just coach. That's ridiculous but not as ridculous as the NFL stepping in and telling an owner how to run his franchise. How could they (the NFL) intimate that nick screwed up the draft for the fins and suggest that he be stripped of his power!! Speaking of that power Saban hired Mueller. So Saban, who turned down several other HC opptunities to wait for the right situation as far as money AND power goes is going to hire his boss or allow his boss to be hired after six months on the job!!! Do me a favor, let me know just how "deeper" the rabbit hole goes, and when you hit the bottom send me a postcard from Bizarro world.....

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: That about raps it up.

all i know is that randy mueller has got to be the happiest guy from espn to finally know something about the dolphins! he will be very suprised!! hahahahahaha!!

Back
Top Bottom