J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire

ether79 said:
I just think people are making too much out of this. The only thing Mueller will be is another opinion for Saban to listen to, he won't make free agent signings or won't make any draft choices. He's just another voice. Saban has final say on everything.

Uh huh. Sure, tell yourself that. Randy wouldnt be here if he didnt have final say. If he doesn't, it wont be long for hime, and he will resigne. Randy is very head strong, and wont like being told what he should draft or sign. He is what he is, a very strong minded GM. If he was just an input guy, he would be like Fassel in Baltimore last season, a consultant.

I think this cuts deeper then most realize. Either Heizenga or the NFL questioned Nicks picks, and saw he drafted replacements for JT and Zach, and that will strip the franchise of all that is recognizable for the next 2-3 years of rebuilding. They questioned his moves or something, and found out he is an idiot. Dont know the true story, YET, but this has deeper ramifications then most seem to think.

MDFINFAN said:
No problem, generally I will answer straight out, unlike Saban's dealing with Speilman, I'll be very up front with my opinion...that's the purpose of the board to me, to give and debate opinions..sometimes I think ppl get too personal in their attacks, but that's apart of being on a board.

or some who feel that they are intellectually superior to others seem to babble an go off on tangents (this is not driected to you by the way)

i like the signing because mueller has good experience with finding talent! really good signing!

ajfeeleys#1fan said:
I notice the same ones applauding Nicks hire, are the same ones questioning Randys hire. Thats because you dont even realize that Nick blew the draft. Thats why Randy is here. Thank You!

how did nick blow the draft? we had one of the best drafts!

Why was it one of the best? Do you know what the guys we drafted are capable of? What will be there roles in two or three years?

LithoMan said:
Why was it one of the best? Do you know what the guys we drafted are capable of? What will be there roles in two or three years?

do you? how can you say that nick "blew the draft", yet you are still questioning the outcome?

LithoMan said:
Uh huh. Sure, tell yourself that. Randy wouldnt be here if he didnt have final say. If he doesn't, it wont be long for hime, and he will resigne. Randy is very head strong, and wont like being told what he should draft or sign. He is what he is, a very strong minded GM. If he was just an input guy, he would be like Fassel in Baltimore last season, a consultant.

I think this cuts deeper then most realize. Either Heizenga or the NFL questioned Nicks picks, and saw he drafted replacements for JT and Zach, and that will strip the franchise of all that is recognizable for the next 2-3 years of rebuilding. They questioned his moves or something, and found out he is an idiot. Dont know the true story, YET, but this has deeper ramifications then most seem to think.
Uh, you completely wrong. Nick would leave IF he didn't have final say, read any of the articles it's going to like NE with Saban having final say and Mueller being his right hand man. When Nick was hired he got control of everything that was one of the major reasons why he took the job. You really think Wayne has already took that away from Saban without it being blasted all over the headlines? As for the title Rick was still "GM" until he resigned, does that mean he had final say? NO

MelbournePhin said:
nick blew the draft?? please elaborate

My goodness, ok, once again. ALL WE DID IS DRAFT REPLACEMENTS, for the good players we already got. If, sticking to the 4-3, then why draft a replacement for JT or Zach? We just signed Traylor, so Alibi will probably be cut and signed to practice squad. We get rid of Surtain, to chase Law and taylor and mcQuarters?

we did not improve overall. Channing is no better then Zach, Roth will never be as good a JT. Roth can only play the right side, he will manage on the left, but wont be effective. So, two guys everyone is always hyping, wont be utilized until Zach and JT are gone. And if playing the 4-3, that is just ignorance.

Now, the guys we drafted are good players at their respective position, but we already have those guys in place. ROTH CANNOT play the SS LB in the 3-4, so dont even got there. I know that is a common misconception, but the proof is in the film.

the draft was one of the best because of the people we got! we are trying to rebuild our defense into a dominant aspect for over the next decade like jimmy did! and who ever knows how their draft is going to turn out! all i know is that we got the best ranked player in the draft in ronnie brown and we got 2 first round talents in the second and the third!

ether79 said:
Uh, you completely wrong. Nick would leave IF he didn't have final say, read any of the articles it's going to like NE with Saban having final say and Mueller being his right hand man. When Nick was hired he got control of everything that was one of the major reasons why he took the job. You really think Wayne has already took that away from Saban without it being blasted all over the headlines? As for the title Rick was still "GM" until he resigned, does that mean he had final say? NO

Your going to compare Rick to Randy. Ok, whatever you say.....

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I've always found Mueller a loud mouth he speaks his mind and likes the limelight. That's why that came to a shock for me.

:yeahthat:

we drafted to infuse some youth at key defensive positions. how hard is that to grasp? the guys will benefit from playing under the vets for 1-3 yrs.

ajfeeleys#1fan said:
the draft was one of the best because of the people we got! we are trying to rebuild our defense into a dominant aspect for over the next decade like jimmy did! and who ever knows how their draft is going to turn out! all i know is that we got the best ranked player in the draft in ronnie brown and we got 2 first round talents in the second and the third!

We did? Or was it all hype... I think the later is most probable. HYPE.

Back
Top Bottom