J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Claytons Take on Mueller Hire

no litho he is trying to say that the final say always goes to saban! saban is incontrol of all the destiny of the dolphins! not any gm!!

MelbournePhin said:
never implied that he was wrong or right or an idiot. just posed a simple question bud

That's all I did. But I appreciate your "bud".

Very classy.

LithoMan said:
My goodness, ok, once again. ALL WE DID IS DRAFT REPLACEMENTS, for the good players we already got. If, sticking to the 4-3, then why draft a replacement for JT or Zach? We just signed Traylor, so Alibi will probably be cut and signed to practice squad. We get rid of Surtain, to chase Law and taylor and mcQuarters?

we did not improve overall. Channing is no better then Zach, Roth will never be as good a JT. Roth can only play the right side, he will manage on the left, but wont be effective. So, two guys everyone is always hyping, wont be utilized until Zach and JT are gone. And if playing the 4-3, that is just ignorance.

Now, the guys we drafted are good players at their respective position, but we already have those guys in place. ROTH CANNOT play the SS LB in the 3-4, so dont even got there. I know that is a common misconception, but the proof is in the film.

Why couldn't Roth play the other side? It is the weaker side in the pass rush situation.

I do agree that Roth will probably struggle as a LB, that is why he moved to DE.

Zach is old, he has 2-4 years left. Taylor might have more, however I bet in 2 or 3 years he is going to be a situational pass rusher.

NathanHunt said:
That's all I did. But I appreciate your "bud".

Very classy.

mr. "im superior to you" spaks again

Mod Note: You don't seem to be getting the part about this being a forum for the discussion of Dolphins football, as opposed to a forum for your opinions of other members. You've been warned and even suspended for this kind of stuff before. GET THIS STRAIGHT:
  • Derogatory personal comments directed at other members are not allowed under the FinHeaven house rules.
  • We will NOT be hosting the kind of personal pissing matches you've instigated in the threads. PERIOD.
I'm giving you the next week off so you can see what being banned would feel like. You've been warned before... then you were suspended for two days... now you're being suspended for a week. If you come back and start taking other people's personal inventories in this forum, my response won't involve walking you through the rules again. We're done with that now.

P4E

LithoMan said:
Uh huh. Sure, tell yourself that. Randy wouldnt be here if he didnt have final say. If he doesn't, it wont be long for hime, and he will resigne. Randy is very head strong, and wont like being told what he should draft or sign. He is what he is, a very strong minded GM. If he was just an input guy, he would be like Fassel in Baltimore last season, a consultant.

I think this cuts deeper then most realize. Either Heizenga or the NFL questioned Nicks picks, and saw he drafted replacements for JT and Zach, and that will strip the franchise of all that is recognizable for the next 2-3 years of rebuilding. They questioned his moves or something, and found out he is an idiot. Dont know the true story, YET, but this has deeper ramifications then most seem to think.

WHAT???? I'm not a big fan of this move but you're reasoning is way off. Heizenga who is not a "football" guy questions the picks of his recently hire coach? A coach who he paid handsomly to run this FRANCHISE not just coach. That's ridiculous but not as ridculous as the NFL stepping in and telling an owner how to run his franchise. How could they (the NFL) intimate that nick screwed up the draft for the fins and suggest that he be stripped of his power!! Speaking of that power Saban hired Mueller. So Saban, who turned down several other HC opptunities to wait for the right situation as far as money AND power goes is going to hire his boss or allow his boss to be hired after six months on the job!!! Do me a favor, let me know just how "deeper" the rabbit hole goes, and when you hit the bottom send me a postcard from Bizarro world.....

Excellent Read, one less thing to speculate about. One thing I really like about it, now there are two people at the top that are excellent talent evaluators that can bounce ideas off of each other and have more fruitful discussions. I'm not saying Spielman couldn't evaluate talent, just not sure Saban ever would've respected him enough to take him seriously.

channing crowder is the same type of player as seau that is why we got him! he can play outside in 4-3 and inside in the 3-4! the type of offense we are running! and what better person to teach a very highly draft pick out of florida that came out just after his sophmore season? saban knows what he is doing chump!!

Mod Edit: Derogatory personal comments directed at other members are not allowed under the FinHeaven house rules. Next time gets you time off.

P4E

This is a great read....Mueller as well as Saban has an eye for talent. If these guys can work together(even though Saban is the boss) I see a SB in our near future.

Saban retains all authority.

Mueller has been out of the league for two years and was willing to part with final decision making powers in order to land a job with one of the premier organizations around the league.

To argue that a). Randy really has complete control because the owner and a few others were questioning Saban's first draft and b). to GRADE this draft before training camp has even arrived is f-ing ludicrous.

I'm thrilled with the Mueller/Saban combo. We're already light years ahead of where we were just under a year ago.

Some of you people should "write" for Tabloid publications.

MelbournePhin said:
we drafted to infuse some youth at key defensive positions. how hard is that to grasp? the guys will benefit from playing under the vets for 1-3 yrs.

Because you just spent a second and third on guys to infuse in 1-3 years. You dont spend high draft choices on guys to sit on the bench. Dont you grasp that? I know you like Saban, so do I, but that was just ineptness on his part. Just because I like his coaching style, dont mean I have to applaud his ignorant move also. Dont you grasp that?

Please dont feed the TROLL! ie LithoMan.. Luckily I still have him on ignore, but I can see he is stirring the pot again with some of the responses here..

He thinks Nick blew the draft for one reason, he didnt draft an overrated QB.. Please put LithoMan on ignore or he will continue to egg you on til you go insane...

SkapePhin said:
Please dont feed the TROLL! ie LithoMan.. Lucki;y I still have him on ignore, but I can see his stirring the pot again with some of the responses here..

He thinkgs Nick blew the draft for one reason, he didnt draft an overrated QB.. Please put LithoMan o ignore or he will continue to egg you on til you go insane...

I just ignore him in my head...:D

I've never really seen the guy post on here

channing crowder and matt roth were the best available players nick saban said that he will pick the best player not just because of position

LithoMan said:
Because you just spent a second and third on guys to infuse in 1-3 years. You dont spend high draft choices on guys to sit on the bench. Dont you grasp that? I know you like Saban, so do I, but that was just ineptness on his part. Just because I like his coaching style, dont mean I have to applaud his ignorant move also. Dont you grasp that?

what did you expect?? last time i checked, there were no players in this draft that were gonna replace JT, ZT, and Pat overnight

Well I Really Think We Got The Rite Man For The Job Him AnD Saban Should Make A Hell Of A Team.

Back
Top Bottom