J-Off's 2020 Sideways Board | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's 2020 Sideways Board

J-Off once again Aces' the Draft Boards!!! Thanks for posting. As for Shenault, he played through a Core Muscle injury last season. He showed toughness in playing through that. I think he's going to be much better as a pro, injuries withstanding.

I like Josh Jones and Kinlaw more than you and would have Love ahead of Hurts. I would probably have Fromm ahead of Hurts too. But beyond that I am very good with your rankings of the players and the positions.

J-Off once again Aces' the Draft Boards!!! Thanks for posting. As for Shenault, he played through a Core Muscle injury last season. He showed toughness in playing through that. I think he's going to be much better as a pro, injuries withstanding.

I have come to really like Shenault. His YAC wold bring something the Fins don't really have at WR.

And I think he would make a great match for Tua who is excellent on those quick slants and inside routes where Shenault or Jalen Reagor or Lamb for that matter could break big plays.

I have come to really like Shenault. His YAC wold bring something the Fins don't really have at WR.

And I think he would make a great match for Tua who is excellent on those quick slants and inside routes where Shenault or Jalen Reagor or Lamb for that matter could break big plays.

I have too. I liked him from a fan standpoint 2 years ago when he lit up the college world, catching 9+ balls in 7 of the 9 games he played that year. He took a step back last year. I really think that 40 he ran is an aberration based on the tape.

The concern with him is the injuries/medical. He's been hurt the last 2 seasons and has had 3 surgeries during that time (toe, shoulder and core muscle). He's tough and plays through things, which you like, but he has to be able to hold up to an NFL grind.

Shenault/Reagor are the guys i'm looking at late R1/early R2 at WR, depending on when the WR run goes and who's still left on the board.

Here's my big question. Our rookie LT will likely be one of Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, or Ezra Cleveland. I am curious of your thoughts on the 3 of them as all of them seem to be a bit of a project in certain ways. Who would you prefer?

Here's my big question. Our rookie LT will likely be one of Josh Jones, Austin Jackson, or Ezra Cleveland. I am curious of your thoughts on the 3 of them as all of them seem to be a bit of a project in certain ways. Who would you prefer?

I like all three pretty well. Jones had the best 2019, but his profile raises concerns. His athleticism is just OK, and he's a little older. He's also a late bloomer, which is less than ideal. Jackson had some rough tape in 2019, but he's very young, with a good combination of weight and speed, and he said he never felt right after his bone marrow transplant (to help his sister). While he has work to do, his athleticism is apparent. I have to stop myself from rating Cleveland higher. I wouldn't call him soft, but the biggest concern imo is his lack of a mean streak. His ability to mirror and get out in space is what you want, and at 6'6 311, he shouldn't have a problem anchoring. Of course, he tested really well, particularly in the agility drills but across the board.

I prefer Jackson and Cleveland, because I view them as good enough while posession the tools you want. PFF recently did an analytics mock, where Washington took Cleveland at 18 (Miami traded up for Tua), and this is the summary of the pick:

Cleveland’s impressive combine workouts put his pass-blocking athleticism score in the same ballpark as Tyron Smith, David Bakhtiari and Laremy Tunsil. While he projects to give up a slightly higher pressure rate, beggars can’t be choosers, and the Redskins may need to provide some protection to their young quarterback. With Trent Williams ever the question mark, Cleveland helps build a strong line in the capital while making a trade more feasible.

I'm still holding out hope for Andrew Thomas, though.

Jalen Hurts is solid-idly underrated.

I wouldn't take him in R1, but I'd take him over taking Love in R1.

Not surprised to see you low on the LBers..None of them are really elite at their position compared to years past.

Superb job J-off. I'm trying to compile my own "bigish" board right now and have found myself in agreement with a lot of stuff here. I do have a few folks on mine that are missing on yours, such as Queen, Perine, Jonah Jackson and Shaddiq Charles and of course some movement in their positions much higher on McKinney and Chaisson than you are. Great list though, really appreciate all your insight and contribution to this board.

Edit: just noticed you had Charles on your list.

Back
Top Bottom