J-Off's 2024 TE's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Shannon Sharpe, Travis Kelce, and George Kittle come to mind. Bowers ability to effortlessly sink his hips to decelerate or change direction is about as good as it gets, though. His explosiveness is also about as good as it gets.

Imo Kyle Pitts is much, much better than what we've seen from him - QB play, injuries, and play calling being the main culprits. But, Bowers is the best TE prospect I've seen since I've really paid attention to the draft (15+ years now). Like Kelce and LaPorta, you can use him as a Power Slot receiver, and he'll get open and make plays. But, he's also a guy you just get the ball. If your QB stinks, you can just get him the ball underneath and let his RAC take over.

Which is why @SF Dolphin Fan and I are on the bandwagon to do what it takes (within reason) to trade up and get that kid.

Yes, admittedly, I do have a built in bias as an avid HS football fan here in NorCal, as I knew of and saw Bowers play ball while at Napa HS. But that doesn't mean the kid isn't an absolute beast because he clearly is. And the Dolphins just happen to have a BIG need for what he brings to the table.

I realize "trading up" is widely frowned upon around these parts. Trading down and collecting more assets is super en vogue. And I get why.

I just firmly believe when marquee or unicorn type players for their position are available, especially an offensive play maker, you do what you have to do to get them.

If Bowers somehow falls out of the top 10, I sure hope Grier rings every possible phone in an effort to move up for him. If he makes it to the 13, 14, 15 range --- IMO they'd be crazy not to take advantage. I don't believe he falls all the way to 21. I'm not even sure he escapes the top 10. I wouldn't even be shocked if the Chargers took him at 5. But I sure would be disappointed.

I reread my post and it didnt come out right, let me rephrase, do you see anyone in this class besides bowers, that is on lapaorta or kincaids level?

I had both those guys as first round talants last year, actually Kincaid as my #1 tight end top 20 talent..

Haven’t come across anyone on their level outside of bowers so it makes me think we’re not going tight end in this draft

Your thoughts ?

Sorry for the late reply. The answer is no. Sanders and Bell appear to very fast, and I'd say they're both relatively fluid in their movements, but they don't explode out of breaks like Bowers.

Last edited:
Which is why @SF Dolphin Fan and I are on the bandwagon to do what it takes (within reason) to trade up and get that kid.

Yes, admittedly, I do have a built in bias as an avid HS football fan here in NorCal, as I knew of and saw Bowers play ball while at Napa HS. But that doesn't mean the kid isn't an absolute beast because he clearly is. And the Dolphins just happen to have a BIG need for what he brings to the table.

I realize "trading up" is widely frowned upon around these parts. Trading down and collecting more assets is super en vogue. And I get why.

I just firmly believe when marquee or unicorn type players for their position are available, especially an offensive play maker, you do what you have to do to get them.

If Bowers somehow falls out of the top 10, I sure hope Grier rings every possible phone in an effort to move up for him. If he makes it to the 13, 14, 15 range --- IMO they'd be crazy not to take advantage. I don't believe he falls all the way to 21. I'm not even sure he escapes the top 10. I wouldn't even be shocked if the Chargers took him at 5. But I sure would be disappointed.

Yeah, excluding QB's, Harrison Jr, Nabers, and Alt are the only players of his caliber, so I don't think he should fall outside the Top 10.

Consequently, I don't think it's a bad idea to trade up for him if he does fall. There's a balance to everything. When you stack elite players who complement each other and what you do, it takes pressure off the rest of the team. It works the other way, too. If you have a really good, deep team, you can compete with fewer elite players.

Miami's in a tough spot to make a move for a guy like Bowers, because they have no picks between 53-155, and they're over the cap. But, for Bowers, I think you have to at least try to get it done (if he falls). He'd take pressure off of Tua, the OL, and the WR's.

** Did this mock at PFF to illustrate what it might look like. On PFF, Bowers never falls, so I had to trade up all the way to 6. Idk if OL like this are realistic in the mid 100s, but that'd certainly take the sting off trading up. I'm sure some will see this mock and recoil in disgust, and I'm sure some would be thrilled, getting Bowers and anything to go with him.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240220_073854_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_073854_Chrome.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Maybe Miami could tag and trade Wilkins to move up in the draft?

I would prefer to keep Wilkins, but that's going to be difficult. Maybe move pick 21 and Wilkins to a team around that 12 spot and get an additional 3rd or 4th rounder as well?

I wonder if Flores, in Minnesota, might want to reunite with Wilkins? I have no idea what the Vikings salary cap situation is.

Last edited:
Maybe Miami could tag and trade Wilkins to move up in the draft?

I would prefer to keep Wilkins, but that's going to be difficult. Maybe move pick 21 and Wilkins to a team around that 12 spot and get an additional 3rd or 4th rounder as well?

I wonder if Flores, in Minnesota, might want to reunite with Wilkins? I have no idea what tge Vikings salary cap situation is.
I’m not sure Wilkins (or any former Dolphin) would want to reunite with Flo.

I’m not sure Wilkins (or any former Dolphin) would want to reunite with Flo.
My buddy who is a huge Vikings fan says there is talk of reuniting Flores with Wilkins as a FA.

It looks like the Vikes are going to let Hunter walk and maybe finally quit Kirk Couisins and start a rebuild so I am not sure they will turn around and pay CW but who knows.

This is a very good thread, which makes a lot of the points I made about TE value back when Pitts was coming out.

Elite TE is the biggest non-QB cheat code in the sport.

Usually, I'd say attack it with Day 2 dice rolls - guys who should be good based on skills and traits but who have a chance to be elite. Bowers' skills and traits, though, pop in a different kind of way. He gets in and out of his breaks like a WR, and he looks like a 240 lb Terrell Owens with the ball in his hands.

The more I watch Sinnott, (in all due respect to Sanders, who I would not be upset if we took), the more I am hoping he is the one Miami takes as a TE.

The things you can do with him is exciting, and with some work in the NFL, he could be that crucial 3rd option that Miami needs badly. Tua really needs that security blanket if things go bad, and his blocking will be very appreciated by Achane...Possibly Mostert if he stays.

This is a very good thread, which makes a lot of the points I made about TE value back when Pitts was coming out.

Elite TE is the biggest non-QB cheat code in the sport.

Usually, I'd say attack it with Day 2 dice rolls - guys who should be good based on skills and traits but who have a chance to be elite. Bowers' skills and traits, though, pop in a different kind of way. He gets in and out of his breaks like a WR, and he looks like a 240 lb Terrell Owens with the ball in his hands.

An elite true TE is great but most of the guys playing now are glorified flankers or slot receivers.

As for the final four teams, LaPorta is not a real TE and Andrews missed most of the season.

Kittle and Kelce are different dudes but there are only two of them.And honestly Kittle is the only high end real TE.

An elite true TE is great but most of the guys playing now are glorified flankers or slot receivers.

As for the final four teams, LaPorta is not a real TE and Andrews missed most of the season.

Kittle and Kelce are different dudes but there are only two of them.And honestly Kittle is the only high end real TE.

Yeah, but I think the point is that it's less important that they're true TE's and more important that they're great at what you ask them to do. It matters that they're elite - whether or not they're a true TE - a Y.

I'd take Gronk over Kelce, but each won multiple SB's as the focal point of the offense.

Back
Top Bottom