J-Off's 2024 TE's | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
Fins passing offense would hum with tight end who can block inline and fill open spaces that Reek and Waddle could open for him.

Both Sinnot and Sanders ran fairly poorly... two of the worst times of the day.

Sinnot, at least, is a bigger guy and that can be excused, but neither helped their cause with these times.

Both Sinnot and Sanders ran fairly poorly... two of the worst times of the day.

Sinnot, at least, is a bigger guy and that can be excused, but neither helped their cause with these times.

4.68 is fine for 250 lbs, particularly in light of his burst and style of play. Sanders is more concerning imo.

4.68 is fine for 250 lbs, particularly in light of his burst and style of play. Sanders is more concerning imo.
Yes, I agree... I think Sinnot's time was okay for a Y-type. Not great, but good enough. Sanders time was concerning. He ran like a blocking tight end.

Sanders isn't inline blocker like Sinnott so has to be put into analysis.
I will say this.. and I say it every year... although I follow the Combine, I take it MUCH less seriously than many here.
I rarely modify my ratings much due to what happens there. ...and yes, I have used the phrase "underwear Olympics".

I just think the coverage is a bit overwrought... now, I will say that finding out that an Edge is 29 pounds lighter than advertised is a problem.

Tip Reiman from Illinois is looking good in the Combine physical drills as a blocking TE. He's big (6'5", 272 lbs), but also athletic. Don't know where he's projected to get drafted but he could be a good backup for Durham Smythe. Coach McDaniel likes his physical blocking TE's. Maybe we go for an athletic pass catching TE. Several decent prospects with Ben Sinnott up near the top.

Last edited:
Since this is the TE thread... Bowers is another one that is playing cute with his measurements.

He was listed in the program at 240, but many touts suggested that he looked like a gym rat carrying 230.
Bowers claimed he played at 235, but that he was trying to gain weight... he came in at 243 (I think), but refused to run... as some do when they are trying to bulk up.
I want to see what he runs at his pro day, and whether he weighs in there. Sometimes when a player gains ten pounds, their time drops.

He's a tough eval. I dont think he's a true tight end... to me, he looks like an H back. A damned good H back, but an H back nevertheless.

To be fair to Sanders he did not look comfortable running the 40 at all.

Some guys justs don't do the track thing well.

I think he is a guy who plays faster than he times.

But he isn't a blocker so I am not interested anyway.

Back
Top Bottom