J-Off's 2024 TE's | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
To be fair to Sanders he did not look comfortable running the 40 at all.

Some guys justs don't do the track thing well.

I think he is a guy who plays faster than he times.

But he isn't a blocker so I am not interested anyway.
I think your analysis is largely correct. I think too many people fail to understand that there are different types of 'Tight Ends', and that each type has a specific kind of skill-set.

Too many fan-boys see a player getting lots of TDs and think... wow! That guy will block for us, or that guy will run away from coverage.

There are at least three types of TEs and they all get shoehorned in together.

Is Ben Sinnott a realistic prospect for our 2nd round pick, or is that just wishful thinking?
I would say that is too early for him and that the Fins have bigger needs they should address in R2 but with almost 2 months before the Draft who knows?

I would be comfortable taking him in the late 3rd at the earliest, I think that is where his game play puts him and I try not to overreact to the workout stuff.

I like Ben Sinott but Theo Johnson really improved his draft stock at the combine, running a 4.57 40 at 6'6 259 lbs and did well in the other drills. I just hope he isn't another Mike Gesicki who can't block if we draft him.

Jared Wiley could be another good option. He ran a 4.62 40 at 6'6 249 lbs.

If is there with our 2nd pick im running up for pick. He won't last even if we trade down to 3rd round imo.

I really believe the plan might have been to get a TE in the 2nd, Sinnott doing so well is good and unfortunately bad.

Good, he is as good as many of us thought, but bad, he just helped himself move up boards...Really hoping he lasts enough to reach us in the 2nd.

For the record taking him in the 1st would not bother me one bit.

4.68 is fine for 250 lbs, particularly in light of his burst and style of play. Sanders is more concerning imo.

I am sure Sanders expects to fix that when he works out for the teams in Texas pro day or wherever he decides, and personally for teams.

Last edited:
While I personally prefer well-rounded blocking TEs, I don't get the impression that is what McD is looking for. An early WAG is that Sanders is the guy that McD wants in this draft (like Achane was last year).

While I personally prefer well-rounded blocking TEs, I don't get the impression that is what McD is looking for. An early WAG is that Sanders is the guy that McD wants in this draft (like Achane was last year).
I’m getting the feeling that Sanders is the guy McDaniel loves too.

I’m getting the feeling that Sanders is the guy McDaniel loves too.
I feel the same way.

I assumed that McD would like a Kittle "type" but they seem to be looking pretty closely at Sanders.

There is no question he could be a playmaker and is worthy of #55 and if they don't care if he can block then neither do I.

Back
Top Bottom