J-Off's 2024 WR's | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums
I'm not to keen on WR for Miami with their OL needs and the types of WR's available. If there's one player/spot that'd make me say, Hmmm OK - it's Javon Baker in the 2nd.

Strong, explosive - can make some of those tough plays this WR group has been lacking, but he's a big-play WR. Kind of like Franklin, he drops the ball more than ideal.

I'd still favor OL/OL in the 1st and 2nd, but that's one deviation that would make some sense to me. The other would be if these TE's start rising after the Combine.

I'm not to keen on WR for Miami with their OL needs and the types of WR's available. If there's one player/spot that'd make me say, Hmmm OK - it's Javon Baker in the 2nd.

Strong, explosive - can make some of those tough plays this WR group has been lacking, but he's a big-play WR. Kind of like Franklin, he drops the ball more than ideal.

I'd still favor OL/OL in the 1st and 2nd, but that's one deviation that would make some sense to me. The other would be if these TE's start rising after the Combine.
Maybe Legette at 55? He seems like another wide receiver who would complement Hill and Waddle. I know he didn't show as well as hoped at the Senior Bowl.

I can't wait to see what happens in free agency because that will tell us a lot about the Miami draft targets.

The only problem with going OL back-to-back in the first 2 rounds is the guy making those picks. Has to be an absolute no brainer for Grier to get that right ... he'll want to trade up for Eich otherwise. Maybe Mims falling in the 1st then JPJ falling in the 2nd. That's the only type of situation I'd be comfortable trusting who that dunderbrain selects.

I really thought Coleman would be higher than this but there’s a lot of talent at this position so after the top 3-5 you can spin this a lot of ways.
Coleman's issue is his inability to create separation.It is odd that such a great athlete can't create space consistently.

He started great and then really tailed off which makes me wonder if he was dealing with an injury.

He is excellent on 50/50 balls and would be useful in the red zone for sure but it is hard to make a living in the NFL without being able to separate consistently.

Add to that such a deep WR class and we see what looked like a Top 15 pick tumbling out of R1.

Coleman's issue is his inability to create separation.It is odd that such a great athlete can't create space consistently.

He started great and then really tailed off which makes me wonder if he was dealing with an injury.

He is excellent on 50/50 balls and would be useful in the red zone for sure but it is hard to make a living in the NFL without being able to separate consistently.

Add to that such a deep WR class and we see what looked like a Top 15 pick tumbling out of R1.

We already saw how the WR who can't separate worked out ... Parker is all but forgotten already. This WR class is stacked so taking Coleman high would be the final nail in Grier's coffin ... although that coffin is nothing but nails at this point.

We need 1 GM for FA -- Grier -- and 1 for the draft -- literally anyone else. I'm dead serious about this. I doubt Grier even wants to draft given his record and willingness to let other people fall on the sword and take the pick.

I will never understand the Grier hate.

The Fins have one of the better rosters in the League.

Has he nailed every Draft pick? Just like everyone else the answer is no.

But you would think the Dolphins are just running into each other and tripping over each other in sheer incompetence with the way Grier gets ripped.

We know King Grier only drafts certain positions in the 1st, so need to pay attention to WR

Love BTJ; would be a home run pick akin to the Cowboys taking CeeDee

Something about Roman Wilson reminds me of Amon Ra. I can’t be the only one.

Hate both FSU WRs for Miami

I will never understand the Grier hate.

The Fins have one of the better rosters in the League.

Has he nailed every Draft pick? Just like everyone else the answer is no.

But you would think the Dolphins are just running into each other and tripping over each other in sheer incompetence with the way Grier gets ripped.
I have to agree with you on this jim. Grier does get alot of heat from the Dolphins fanbase, I'm not saying all Dolphans, but alot. Grier has put talent on the team from the draft since he's been the actual GM, not every single pick has hit, but no GM hits on every pick as we know. Betcha Brett Veach has had some picks he wishes he could get a do-over on. He's also hit on some O-Linemen...we re-signed AJ once he overcame his bone marrow donation to his sister, found his niche at RT and settled in nicely. Oh, and btw, AJ is Tua's blindside protector. He drafted Hunt, if we can re-sign him, that'd take care of the right side. I believe he drafted Tunsil, and though we didn't re-sign him, Grier got a haul of picks for him. My point being, Chris Grier has drafted talent on to this team, though not every pick has hit, he has still put talent on this team. I personally think its been the past coaching staffs that we had once Grier hired the HC. I'm hopeful with McDaniel and his staff.

Good list of the top guys. Roman Wilson isn’t on there only because Michigan runs the ball so well.
Roman Wilson should go late 1st, he is going to outperform his Draft slot for sure.

Back
Top Bottom