J-train Goes Off The Rails. Former Dolphins Running Back Jay Ajayi In Legal Hot Water

Discussion in 'General NFL Forum' started by DKphin, May 14, 2018.

1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

[​IMG]
    Former Miami Dolphins and current Philadelphia Eagles running back Jay Ajayi is the subject of a lawsuit that alleges some rough behavior while staying in a mansion in the Los Angeles area.

Ajayi rented the house and threw multiple parties after the Eagles won the Super Bowl in February. The owner of the property told Ajayi not to throw any parties while staying there, but Ajayi ignored him. The owner allegedly tried to collect $5,000 to cover damages for each party thrown, but when confronted, Ajayi supposedly shoved the owner in the chest and refused to pay the $25,000 in accumulated penalty fees.

http://www.phinmaniacs.com/news/former-dolphins-running-back-jay-ajayi-in-legal-hot-water

Ray R likes this.
  2. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

So you're saying he didn't listen to directions and decided to do his own thing? Seems like I've heard this before...

Buddy, fins1, WCUPUNK and 19 others like this.
  3. clutch

clutch Active Member

not a fan

Ray R likes this.
  4. The Ghost

The Ghost Stamos

As long he didnt hurt the dude and pays his bill, its not a big deal.

What would concern me (if he were my player) is that he's burning that kind of cash on parties when he hasnt really been paid yet.

The British accent probably fooled a lot of people into thinking he was brighter than he actually is.

Dude is an injury away from being broke and forgotten about.

Ray R, foozool13 and tazthenomad like this.
  5. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

Wow. I mean, you have to own your behavior. I get partying after the SB but not taking accountability for the damage is immature.

Ray R likes this.
  6. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

Don't **** on the ladder on your way up Jay.

Ray R likes this.
  7. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

I get the feeling we may have seen the best of Ajayi. Seems like the success he has had went way to his head

BSQ and Ray R like this.
  8. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Shifty Gold Administrator Finheaven VIP

:yawn Who cares?

BSQ, Anvil35, xSxPxHx and 1 other person like this.
  9. number1fin

number1fin #onephin Finheaven VIP Donator

Who needs a train when you have Drake...

[​IMG]

10. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Interesting how someone can come up with a set amount of what damages are for a party, plus just what constitutes a party?
    Damages are one thing to collect for, but all the rest sounds like something just made up stuff.

11. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Every player is as well as most of us.

12. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

Sad to say, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Good luck with your player, Eagles.

Anvil35 and Ray R like this.
  13. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

He's just another immature turd in a long line of them in the NFL.

gofins60 and Ray R like this.
  14. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater Not Quite A Shredder Finheaven VIP

I could care less about the party. Hes in his early/mid 20's. But you need to pay that bill, that said ive been bent over by a landlord's false accussations before. Shoving the landlord, cant really judge without seeing it, dude could have been screaming in his face or something, dont know.

Ray R likes this.
  15. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

16. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

17. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

The owner of the house maybe?

Miamifinz and Ray R like this.
  18. srp1979

srp1979 Well-Known Member Donator

Dude should not be blowing his money on renting mansions.....just saying

19. dsportavvy145

dsportavvy145 Member

Nothing new. A little bit of money and fame brought him way his head. So immature.

BSQ likes this.
  20. crumpdaddy

crumpdaddy FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

set fees are actually typical of a lot of landlords behaviors. its no different than a leasee, just on a shorter scale period. you have to figure that a mansion you're looking at 10x the penalty of something normal and the fee was probably the minimum bottom line figure. it might've been in the renter contract that even parties were thrown then it was a minimum of a $5000 fee + any additional for added repairs. my buddy who has rental properties has a long drawn out contract and he has every little thing possible on it, all the way to it being like $15 fee for every lightbulb he has to replace at the end of the contract.

so while there probably wasn't $5000 damage for every party thrown, it was probably in the contract that if a party was thrown in anruly manner then it would be a $5000 baseline penalty per. I'm sure it wasn't black tie event type parties that were going on there.

21. mwestberry

mwestberry FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

https://sports.yahoo.com/eagles-run...-shoving-owner-days-super-bowl-001341989.html

The mental make up of this type of player has been identified and hopefully we as a team have moved on from...thank you Adam Gase for your insight...with all the talent needed to play in this league and with the window for average length of time to play ....a shame players have such a lack of responsibility and total lack of respect for others....glad he is gone

BSQ, Anvil35 and crumpdaddy like this.
  22. Blake the great

Blake the great A True Fan

Why is this just now coming out? And If he has such a poor attitude and Gase had so many issues with it then why did we waste our time by drafting him in the first place?

23. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

There’s two sides to this coin:

1) If he was still in Miami, he wouldn’t be throwing a Super Bowl party. But if your behavior is like that, there’s a half-decent chance you’re going to do something equally stupid under other circumstances.

2) There’s been this little voice in my head, (no, not the crazy one, the OTHER one....), and it started whispering right about the time the Ravens demolished the Fins, and Gase called EVERYONE out. It was saying, “Maybe Gase knows exactly what he’s doing.” And now it’s saying “Maybe he’s right, and everyone else is wrong.”

We’ll see.

24. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

Because pre-draft interviews only tell you so much.

25. srp1979

srp1979 Well-Known Member Donator

Wow, a player threw several parties after he won the Superbowl and allegedly pushed someone.

If I hear stories like this about all the other players that Gase booted, then Ill start to believe in him again.

26. randomname

randomname A True Fan

:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao Found the bandwagoner. No real philly fan would ever claim that. :roflmao

27. mwestberry

LOL...way to minimize the issue...it's not about a guy throwing parties....not about allegedly pushing somebody...it's about the destructive decision making of a supposed stud at running back that some on this board were upset because of his trade...about the insight of our coach moving the team forward....about changing the culture of this team by identifying potential "it's all about me" players .....

Ajayi showed his butt at one point and was left home on a road game.....he was warned early...there were others IMO...Landry...even Suh (who was paid as a superstar and expected to be a leader) but spent the off season training on his own and chose to not participate with the TEAM (again IMO) he showed no signs of helping team chemistry....some will jump all over that but it's my opinion regardless...

Our coach has/is changing the players AND coaches on this team in order to give him a chance to succeed (the inmates can't run the asylum)...(too many chiefs, not enough Indians)...Coach Gase is taking control of this team and I, for one, am happy to see it...

Whether it works for him or not....the players absolutely cannot behave like adolescent children and the coaching staff cannot be out of control drug users....the organization has to have a few ounces of discipline and take responsibility in order to work together and award US...THE FANS...who help pay their salaries... a winning culture and team...

Again...Thank you Adam Gase

BSQ, Anvil35, SaskFinFan and 2 others like this.
  28. gunn34

gunn34 Pro Bowler

I agree with Adam changing the culture of the team by ridding the team of "all about me" players, but this really isn't a story. The owner of the house tried to fine him 5G per party and he refused.

I suspect if he were still a Dolphin, most people would be coming to his defense and saying he paid for the house, he should be able to do what he wants minus any destruction. Having a party to celebrate winning the Superbowl should not be classified as "destructive decision making".

29. jlfin

jlfin old pro

Many of those defending Ajayi’s behavior clearly have a reading comprehension problem or have no understanding of what it means to have mutual respect.
    Trashing someone’s property in itself is an act of disrespect and selfishness and then shoving the owner of the mansion when he demands payment for damage is immaturity and arrogance.

Anvil35 likes this.
  30. gunn34

gunn34 Pro Bowler

There are some web sites that say the man's claim is false and he just wants to collect cash. Saying he NEVER pushed the other guy. They also claim there is NO property damage.

I don't see where anyone is defending Jays behavior (maybe one or two). Most here are saying he showed signs of being a selfish player while here.

31. FSU Truth

FSU Truth Taggart is my Homeboy Finheaven VIP

This is some Johnny Manziel type behavior...

32. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

You can talk negatively about Gase and the Ajayi situation all you want, but Gase has a problem with players who feel there are entitled and rightfully so. Ajayi was/is a me first guy who put his own wants ahead of the team and when he won the SB instead of remaining quiet and humble, talked a lot of ****. Gase made the right move getting rid of his a$$.

33. Daytona Fin

Daytona Fin There's one, set for stun Moderator Finheaven VIP

Not condoning Ajayi's action but there's always two sides to a story. These instances where the short term rental landlords try to make some extra cash when they find out their tenant is a celeb is becoming more common. $25,000 is an extreme amount of damage.

srp1979 likes this.
  34. crumpdaddy

it was 10K in damages and 15K in fines (5K for each party), plus you gotta think even if the damage only comes out to 5K he could lose more than that in downtime that the residence is not rentable. I smoke but I don't like my hotel rooms (or my personal house or car) to smell like smoke, so I used to pay and request non smoking hotel rooms, and that's for a $200 a night hotel. you could imagine if you paid 2-3K a night for a mansion (probably a lot more than that) , you definitely don't want it reaking of smoke and you are going to find the owner in breach of rentee contract if you pay out and his end of the bargain isn't held up to. the house is going to be out of commission for at least two days to try to get the smoke smell out, it said tables and floors were damaged, im sure those could both be replaced in a day, but id almost bet that its not linoleum on the floor of a mansion.

the only negative issue I can find with him regarding his pre draft behavior was shoplifting when he was a freshman. Kiko did a lot worse in college I got multiple chances and he eventually grew up and hasn't been an issue off the field. Figure Cam Newton stole laptops in college and was still #1 pick, and he's grown up to, well, ummm dress like a grandma in his press conferences. so the shoplifting freshmen year might''ve dropped him 1-2 picks, but the knee is what dropped him 4 rounds. he was the man though in boise so of course they prob fed his ego, and plus with a school like them striving on national attention I would highly doubt they'd let too many issues appear on the front if the player could keep his mouth shut on his own

35. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

Lets see Gase win with his own players before praising him to much. Getting 2 4th round picks following a probowl season for 2 such players is very disappointing. VERY poor personal decisions imo.

srp1979 likes this.
  36. crumpdaddy

I think hes TRYING to get his own players...and yes I know you said win with them....
    Holdovers
    qb-Tanne
    hb-none
    wr/te- dvp/stills
    OL- James
    DL- Phillips/wake
    LB- Hull
    DB- Aikens, Jones, Lippet, McCain
    ST- GOAT

that's actually pretty insane if you look at it, but it shows you that he wants HIS team. 12 players left from the previous regime

37. mwestberry

I agree...let's win and see...

I disagree with getting 2 4th round picks was very disappointing.....those 2 players did not fit financially and did not fit the chemistry Gase wants from his team...getting anything for them is a step in the right direction IMO....holding onto those players would not have allowed him to move as much because given their status...they would have been starters...we couldn't win with them so what value do they really have in the big picture?...they only hamstring you from moving forward

I give him praise for having the fortitude to do what it takes to field a team in his vision...something others before him have either neglected or failed to do....can his plan fail?...sure...but I believe he has ...Began with the end in mind....he sees the finish line and knows what to do to get there IMO...we will see...again, it's not like the players jettisoned were getting us anywhere....

38. BIGFINS

BIGFINS Rookie Finheaven VIP

39. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I'm ok he's gone but have to take that with a grain of salt when you consider the source

srp1979 likes this.
  40. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

OMG an NFL player having a party??? Absurd!