J-train Goes Off The Rails. Former Dolphins Running Back Jay Ajayi In Legal Hot Water | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-train Goes Off The Rails. Former Dolphins Running Back Jay Ajayi In Legal Hot Water

Many of those defending Ajayi’s behavior clearly have a reading comprehension problem or have no understanding of what it means to have mutual respect.
Trashing someone’s property in itself is an act of disrespect and selfishness and then shoving the owner of the mansion when he demands payment for damage is immaturity and arrogance.

This is some Johnny Manziel type behavior...

You can talk negatively about Gase and the Ajayi situation all you want, but Gase has a problem with players who feel there are entitled and rightfully so. Ajayi was/is a me first guy who put his own wants ahead of the team and when he won the SB instead of remaining quiet and humble, talked a lot of ****. Gase made the right move getting rid of his a$$.

Not condoning Ajayi's action but there's always two sides to a story. These instances where the short term rental landlords try to make some extra cash when they find out their tenant is a celeb is becoming more common. $25,000 is an extreme amount of damage.

Not condoning Ajayi's action but there's always two sides to a story. These instances where the short term rental landlords try to make some extra cash when they find out their tenant is a celeb is becoming more common. $25,000 is an extreme amount of damage.

it was 10K in damages and 15K in fines (5K for each party), plus you gotta think even if the damage only comes out to 5K he could lose more than that in downtime that the residence is not rentable. I smoke but I don't like my hotel rooms (or my personal house or car) to smell like smoke, so I used to pay and request non smoking hotel rooms, and that's for a $200 a night hotel. you could imagine if you paid 2-3K a night for a mansion (probably a lot more than that) , you definitely don't want it reaking of smoke and you are going to find the owner in breach of rentee contract if you pay out and his end of the bargain isn't held up to. the house is going to be out of commission for at least two days to try to get the smoke smell out, it said tables and floors were damaged, im sure those could both be replaced in a day, but id almost bet that its not linoleum on the floor of a mansion.

Why is this just now coming out? And If he has such a poor attitude and Gase had so many issues with it then why did we waste our time by drafting him in the first place?

the only negative issue I can find with him regarding his pre draft behavior was shoplifting when he was a freshman. Kiko did a lot worse in college I got multiple chances and he eventually grew up and hasn't been an issue off the field. Figure Cam Newton stole laptops in college and was still #1 pick, and he's grown up to, well, ummm dress like a grandma in his press conferences. so the shoplifting freshmen year might''ve dropped him 1-2 picks, but the knee is what dropped him 4 rounds. he was the man though in boise so of course they prob fed his ego, and plus with a school like them striving on national attention I would highly doubt they'd let too many issues appear on the front if the player could keep his mouth shut on his own

LOL...way to minimize the issue...it's not about a guy throwing parties....not about allegedly pushing somebody...it's about the destructive decision making of a supposed stud at running back that some on this board were upset because of his trade...about the insight of our coach moving the team forward....about changing the culture of this team by identifying potential "it's all about me" players .....

Ajayi showed his butt at one point and was left home on a road game.....he was warned early...there were others IMO...Landry...even Suh (who was paid as a superstar and expected to be a leader) but spent the off season training on his own and chose to not participate with the TEAM (again IMO) he showed no signs of helping team chemistry....some will jump all over that but it's my opinion regardless...

Our coach has/is changing the players AND coaches on this team in order to give him a chance to succeed (the inmates can't run the asylum)...(too many chiefs, not enough Indians)...Coach Gase is taking control of this team and I, for one, am happy to see it...

Whether it works for him or not....the players absolutely cannot behave like adolescent children and the coaching staff cannot be out of control drug users....the organization has to have a few ounces of discipline and take responsibility in order to work together and award US...THE FANS...who help pay their salaries... a winning culture and team...

Again...Thank you Adam Gase
Lets see Gase win with his own players before praising him to much. Getting 2 4th round picks following a probowl season for 2 such players is very disappointing. VERY poor personal decisions imo.

Lets see Gase win with his own players before praising him to much. Getting 2 4th round picks following a probowl season for 2 such players is very disappointing. VERY poor personal decisions imo.

I think hes TRYING to get his own players...and yes I know you said win with them....
Holdovers
qb-Tanne
hb-none
wr/te- dvp/stills
OL- James
DL- Phillips/wake
LB- Hull
DB- Aikens, Jones, Lippet, McCain
ST- GOAT

that's actually pretty insane if you look at it, but it shows you that he wants HIS team. 12 players left from the previous regime

I agree...let's win and see...

I disagree with getting 2 4th round picks was very disappointing.....those 2 players did not fit financially and did not fit the chemistry Gase wants from his team...getting anything for them is a step in the right direction IMO....holding onto those players would not have allowed him to move as much because given their status...they would have been starters...we couldn't win with them so what value do they really have in the big picture?...they only hamstring you from moving forward

I give him praise for having the fortitude to do what it takes to field a team in his vision...something others before him have either neglected or failed to do....can his plan fail?...sure...but I believe he has ...Began with the end in mind....he sees the finish line and knows what to do to get there IMO...we will see...again, it's not like the players jettisoned were getting us anywhere....

I'm ok he's gone but have to take that with a grain of salt when you consider the source

I agree with Adam changing the culture of the team by ridding the team of "all about me" players, but this really isn't a story. The owner of the house tried to fine him 5G per party and he refused.

I suspect if he were still a Dolphin, most people would be coming to his defense and saying he paid for the house, he should be able to do what he wants minus any destruction. Having a party to celebrate winning the Superbowl should not be classified as "destructive decision making".

It was destructive though! That is why litigation is occuring!

:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao Found the bandwagoner. No real philly fan would ever claim that. :roflmao

Having been surrounded by Eagles fans most of my life, I second this. Tough love there, man, but if you are loyal to them, they will back you through almost anything.

I agree...let's win and see...

I disagree with getting 2 4th round picks was very disappointing.....those 2 players did not fit financially and did not fit the chemistry Gase wants from his team...getting anything for them is a step in the right direction IMO....holding onto those players would not have allowed him to move as much because given their status...they would have been starters...we couldn't win with them so what value do they really have in the big picture?...they only hamstring you from moving forward

I give him praise for having the fortitude to do what it takes to field a team in his vision...something others before him have either neglected or failed to do....can his plan fail?...sure...but I believe he has ...Began with the end in mind....he sees the finish line and knows what to do to get there IMO...we will see...again, it's not like the players jettisoned were getting us anywhere....
Jay Ajayi is still on his rookie contract as a 5th round pick. How do you say bargain. Laundry was a bargain. Based on.both their performances they were Huge bargains. Looking at bargains lets do a little math shall we. Not knowing how good Jay A. was when we released Miller.we spent a high 3rd on Drake and paid a decent amount to sign Foster. Both barely saw the field that year. This year we spent a 4 th on a running back to replace Jay A. that we drafted with a 5 th. Thats drafting and spending backwards. You eventually run out of money and picks going this direction. Not impressed. Thus Gase needs to win now to justify moves like these imo.

I think hes TRYING to get his own players...and yes I know you said win with them....
Holdovers
qb-Tanne
hb-none
wr/te- dvp/stills
OL- James
DL- Phillips/wake
LB- Hull
DB- Aikens, Jones, Lippet, McCain
ST- GOAT

that's actually pretty insane if you look at it, but it shows you that he wants HIS team. 12 players left from the previous regime
THE HIS TEAM EXCUSE. Yea its rinse repeat, rinse repeat time and again the same ole song just a different coach singing it. Ever since Shula was run out of town the coaches that followed him sing that song as their excuse on why they cant win now. We need a Shula clone who as they used to say about Shula he can whip.your team with his players and whip his players with your players. Based on the past performances of the coaches preceding Gase wanting their guys too we probably are in for more disappointment. Go phins

Back
Top Bottom