Jaelan Phillips vs Falcons | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jaelan Phillips vs Falcons

Flo pulled him out of the game on 3rd and long several times?? I figured he didn't want to risk an injury. It's tough to get sack when you're not in the game. Jason Taylor mentioned it on the broadcast locally. He was excellent and had a big reputation at the U Of Miami as a sack master. He's about 6'5" and weighs 270 so he a big guy who is very strong for his size. He is Flo's new secret weapon to unleash on unsuspecting teams.

Flo pulled him out of the game on 3rd and long several times?? I figured he didn't want to risk an injury. It's tough to get sack when you're not in the game. Jason Taylor mentioned it on the broadcast locally. He was excellent and had a big reputation at the U Of Miami as a sack master. He's about 6'5" and weighs 270 so he a big guy who is very strong for his size. He is Flo's new secret weapon to unleash on unsuspecting teams.
He was a risk pick for a reason. Either how, not everyone gets to start all downs right away. Taylor himself started only 11 games, and then Jimmy ended up putting him in all downs. Taylor was also underated against the run as well.

He was a risk pick for a reason. Either how, not everyone gets to start all downs right away. Taylor himself started only 11 games, and then Jimmy ended up putting him in all downs. Taylor was also underated against the run as well.
Risk because of medical issue. Not because of ability.

What you should be seeing is a guy doing things well that aren't his primary skill set.

The fact he can set the edge so strong as a guy whose impact is expected to be as a pass rusher is absolutely phenomenal to see.
TBH, at Miami he was just as good at run D, as pass rushing. I think a lot of ppl underestimate his total skillset in that regard.

Besides that, unless Flo feels he can do both effectively, he isn't going to see a big number of snaps.

TBH, at Miami he was just as good at run D, as pass rushing. I think a lot of ppl underestimate his total skillset in that regard.

Besides that, unless Flo feels he can do both effectively, he isn't going to see a big number of snaps.

Oh trust me as a Canes fan I expected this. However, I dont think there is any doubt with his athleticism that pass rush should be his bread and butter.

Just pointing out how great it is to have a young guy with skills beyond his bread and butter skill.

It's possible Flo pulled him on 3rd and long to hide what we have in Phillips. 3td and long should be his bread and butter.
Most teams will go through great lengths to hide their true power.

Back
Top Bottom