Jake at facility | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake at facility

Since the offers are supposed to be similar in total money, cant help but wonder if Rams have more money offered in first two seasons. They may be using the huge year two cap hits for Wallace, Ellerbe, and Wheeler contracts against us. Like maybe offering him big money in year two after he proves he can stay healthy.

I think what was meant was that St. Louis made the higher offer, but when you factor in the better tax situation in Miami, our offer is close. I'm sure Jake wants more money from both teams, but at least a similar dollar figure from Miami. His pride wants to have a number that makes him one of the highest paid LT's, and these numbers do not do that.

I think what was meant was that St. Louis made the higher offer, but when you factor in the better tax situation in Miami, our offer is close. I'm sure Jake wants more money from both teams, but at least a similar dollar figure from Miami. His pride wants to have a number that makes him one of the highest paid LT's, and these numbers do not do that.

Yeah, the tax thing helps the team come in a littler lower in salary. You are right about the pride thing though. IMO, all things being equal or even close, Jake AND Jackie both want to stay in Miami. I'm guessing that his agent is just doing the last minute, back and forth thing, just trying to squeeze a little more out of the Fins.

Pride? What pride? For the last 2 years he has not done a good job, he knows it, everyone knows it, so he should give us a break, why don't you sign a 1 year deal and prove yourself?????

The Tackle market is at a stalemate right now. All the other Tackles are in limbo because everyone is waiting for Long's deal to get done to set the market price. Long is waiting for some Tackles to come off the market so he gains some leverage. This could take a while..........it's like an expensive game of chicken.

cang51 you said it all when you said it! this guy signed a ridiculous rookie deal, hasnt even come close to living up to it, especially the last 2 years, and he cant give a hometown discount? screw him, please sign with the rams. signing winston would be an upgrade!

Back
Top Bottom