jake long is not joe thomas | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jake long is not joe thomas

Foxsports did a study on LT and Carey only allowed 1 sack and had fewer penalties than Thomas. It's to bad Carey didn't get the recognition because the team stunked.

And joe thomas had a pro bowl LG but i would like to see a stat to see how much QB hurries they gave.

also in that same game ( as I saw this clip on the NFL network ) long drove Ghoslton 10 yards to the left side on a running play, just completely took him out of the play

also in that same game ( as I saw this clip on the NFL network ) long drove Ghoslton 10 yards to the left side on a running play, just completely took him out of the play

Exactly. Every player on every team loses a one on one matchup from time to time. The great ones win their's more often than not. Only 2 sacks in 4 years for Long is WAY more often than not.

Exactly. Every player on every team loses a one on one matchup from time to time. The great ones win their's more often than not. Only 2 sacks in 4 years for Long is WAY more often than not.

Another stat that is being overlooked is that he only gave up 2 penalties in his entire college career, to me that is pretty impressive.

When you only give up 2 sacks and 2 freaking penalties in your entire college career, then you are a dominant LT in running the football and Pass blocking

Jake Long is not close to Joe Thomas in his footwork or pass protection. He can dominate in size and run blocking ala Gallery.

long is not as a good athlete as thomas is.
which is why some think he will have trouble with speed rushers
dont get me wrong, he may be a very good LT but may not be a great one.
if people think he can do what joe thomas did for the browns there's gonna be alot of fans upset because it may come from the right side.
and if thats the case do we really want to draft a rt with the first pick in
which we could find in the 2nd round.
no one knows for sure until they put the pads on.
just hope he is not robert gallery

His footwork isn't as good, but he is stronger & Meaner than Thomas.

right now, Jake Long is better than Joe Thomas was at the same point in their careers.

Jake had a better college career but Thomas didn't have questions about his athleticism and ability to handle speed rushers in the NFL at this point. Thomas combine showed he would be elite at the NFL level where he put on an amazing performance. Jake will be a great run blocker but pass protection against strong speed rushers like the majority of pass rushers in the NFL?

Who won that game ??? Ohio ??? Maybe they couldn't run the ball very well vs gholston ??? Is there a blocking issue with Jake Long ???

there were injury questions, and if I remember right, there were concerns about his short arms and the ability to handle the bull-rush. also he lost that award to Jake Long, a junior at the time.

Back
Top Bottom