Jake Long not dominating? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long not dominating?

Jake Long, good player but as his salary increases his play does not. He won't be missed, no way he gets what he's asking for.

I'm shocked at the reaction towards Jake Long. Dude has been a dominant left tackle and a leader on this team. Missed I believe two games throughout his career.

Fans say he won't be missed but how many years did it take to find a decent left tackle before Long was drafted. Wade Smith? Damion McIntosh? L.J. Shelton? Finally get a great player and it's "eh we don't need him."

Long is good, but not great.

Compare Longs cap numbers against the top teams

Long 12.8M

Patriots

Nate Solder 1.8M
Logan Mankins 7.0M
Dan Connolly 2.3M
Donald Thomas 0.6M
Sebastion Volmer 1.0M

Total $12.9M

We pay Long as much as the Patriots pay their whole Offensive line.
Sorry, he is not worth it at this point.

Long is good, but not great.

Compare Longs cap numbers against the top teams

Long 12.8M

Patriots

Nate Solder 1.8M
Logan Mankins 7.0M
Dan Connolly 2.3M
Donald Thomas 0.6M
Sebastion Volmer 1.0M

Total $12.9M

We pay Long as much as the Patriots pay their whole Offensive line.
Sorry, he is not worth it at this point.

You know the Patriots have been taking crap about their o-line sucking.

The Pats would sign Jake in a heartbeat and move Solder back over to right-tackle where he should be.

Also, lolz @ Donald Thomas starting.

Until you guys start crying when the Patriots sign him.

Belichick has never had an offensive lineman make the close to $13 million Long will make this season
and unless he'll take a 1/2 to 2/3 pay cut I doubt very much you'd see him in Foxboro

You beat me too it ha. Ryan has some serious weapons around him. He should have this type of game nearly every week.

Exactly, but he won't. Ryan will be good, but with the weapons he has, he should be great each week.

To be honest I don't even think its worth giving a Long a contract at the end of the year! His body is breaking down year after year and he gets beat a lot. It would be a huge waste of money to franchise this guy next year! I would rather spend that money on a receiver or free safety!

You know the Patriots have been taking crap about their o-line sucking.

The Pats would sign Jake in a heartbeat and move Solder back over to right-tackle where he should be.

Also, lolz @ Donald Thomas starting.

So when the Pat's win another 12-14 games this year playing that line, what does that say about the idea of paying one of them 90mm with a 40mm signing bonus (Thomas money). Instead they sink the lions share of their cap in QB and playmakers (TE's) and fill the lessor value positions with solid role players. It's always about the QB and some weapons in this era.

Back
Top Bottom