Jake Long not dominating? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long not dominating?

Hometown / No Income Tax Discount?

Really? Seriously? His agent ought be shot for even suggesting the same. Players have a finite shelf life with Long's injury history his agent should go for as much as he can.

Jake`s on the other side, slowly going down, nothing to be ashamed of, can`t fight father time

Can`t blame him for trying to maximize his last contract

Question to everyone here, knowing his injury history and his play the past 15 regular seasons, would you give Jake Long 10-14 million per year? (his agent is definitely going to ask for that amount this offseason). Or would you let him walk to another team that is willing to pay that amount?

So L-O-N-G

Switch to Geico. With the money we save we may be able to sign a couple of decent players at positions that make an impact.

whats everyone else opinion on this? I personally, dont see him as a top 2 lineman in the league. do you guys? I dont see where he dominates and controls the game. It looks like his strength has went down. what about u guys?
He's playing hurt. Don't even get on the "we should let him walk in FA" bandwagon. Unless you want to create another self-induced hole (see Brandon Marshal's game, and Vontae's for that matter). We need play makers. Your LT doesn't score TDs...

at this point i let him walk. we can just write off the 2008 draft completely. move J. martin to his natural left tackle position and find a RT in free agency or if john jerry truely has his head out of his ass maybe move him to rt when he is less than 330 pounds. I mean jesus, if you weight 340 pounds you have to eat over 4200 calories per day just to maintain wieght! you're telling me this guy can't cut out 500 calories a day and shed 20 pounds?

Seriously, must we go through the whole Matt Ryan thing everytime he has a good game or Jake a bad one? Ryan is a good QB no doubt, but the real mistake here was the FO not signing Drew Brees when they had the chance. Jake has been a solitary bright spot on offence over tne last 4 years. And as for letting him walk - yes, that's just what we need, a gaping hole at left tackle....

Recovering from injury and he's facing the best D

Really? The texans have the best D? Wow thats pretty funny. We moved the ball up and down with the running game, they didnt look so dominant to me. We'll see when they play a team that doesn't have a high school offense.

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Seriously, must we go through the whole Matt Ryan thing everytime he has a good game or Jake a bad one? Ryan is a good QB no doubt, but the real mistake here was the FO not signing Drew Brees when they had the chance. Jake has been a solitary bright spot on offence over tne last 4 years. And as for letting him walk - yes, that's just what we need, a gaping hole at left tackle....
Not only did they not grab Brees once, it happened twice.

This guy is gonna want 10-12 mill a year. There is no ****ing way im paying him that much, he may not even be the best lineman on the dolphins roster. I seriously think Pouncey will be if he already isn't.

I agree Long was overdrafted. Joe Thomas is easily as good and Miami could've traded down and gotten him. Was Ryan Clady in that same draft too?

I agree Long was overdrafted. Joe Thomas is easily as good and Miami could've traded down and gotten him. Was Ryan Clady in that same draft too?

Yes he was and IMO Ryan Clady is a more rounded and consistent player than Long. Long is very good at run blocking, but pass blocking... too many times I see a guy blow by him.

Joe Thomas was picked 3rd overall in 2007. Jake Long was drafted in 2008.... sooooo...... no.

Ryan Clady was the 12th overall pick in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom