Jake Long not dominating? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long not dominating?

You beat me too it ha. Ryan has some serious weapons around him. He should have this type of game nearly every week.
Man I wish Miami would have those types of weapons!!! Wait we do, Hartline, Bess, Fasano is real close!lol

Our offense would struggle to put points up if we didn't have Long, wait, forget it.

Don't diss Bess, that guy is legit.

We need to activate Matthews. Seriously, what do we got to lose?
I love bess but the point is he is a good slot guy. He would be much more dangerous if he wasn't our number 1.lol

Ryan is a decent qb but c'mon he's not a top tier qb. Besides if we drafted him parcells, ireland, henning or sparano would have ground him into chopped pork right? At least to those who think we can do no right. Anyways let's compare notes after ryan's game next week in this thread. He's good for a great week then what the fuc+ week. How many Playoff games has he won?

So many love to dismiss Matt Ryan - hasn't won a playoff game, has weapons, blah blah blah. How many playoff games has Jake Long won? And why aren't these excuses made for Aaron Rogers, who has tons of weapons - it took him time too. Fact is, if Tannehill becomes as good as Ryan, fans will be loving it. I doubt that he will.

It's obvious that Matt Ryan should have been the pick. Some are still in denial, and that's why only Dolphins fans hate on Matt Ryan so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
So many love to dismiss Matt Ryan - hasn't won a playoff game, has weapons, blah blah blah. How many playoff games has Jake Long won? And why aren't these excuses made for Aaron Rogers, who has tons of weapons - it took him time too. Fact is, if Tannehill becomes as good as Ryan, fans will be loving it. I doubt that he will.

It's obvious that Matt Ryan should have been the pick. Some are still in denial, and that why only Dolphins fans hate on Matt Ryan so much.
Sounds like long and ryan are evenly matched as far as playoff wins go.

Indeed. And what would Atlanta do if they were offered Long in a trade for Ryan?

And why is the elite weapons excuse not used for other top QBs (Brees, Stafford, Rodgers, etc)?

Long's played decent but hopefully his injury is what is keeping him from dominating

Hopefully Long gets healthy again because we have seen him play well. I always think back to that Vikings game where he stopped Jarred Allen on every play, well except for the one where Henne ran right into Allen. There wasn't even a push, Long was standing 1 on 1 with Allen right on the LOS during pass plays while the rest of the line was being pushed back.

Also Ryan can win when it counts or against good teams.

Indeed. And what would Atlanta do if they were offered Long in a trade for Ryan?

And why is the elite weapons excuse not used for other top QBs (Brees, Stafford, Rodgers, etc)?

They would hang up the phone!

Jake Long is an overrated, overpaid, POS.

Matty Ice is going to be an MVP candidate this year. End of story.

All the Matty Ice haters are just in denial. Admitting the guy is Peyton Jr would be forcing them to admit it was the biggest blunder you could imagine taking a ****ing LT instead of the stud QB. Simple as that.

All those excuses are BS. Yea, Ryan has weapons, what good QB in the league dosent? Besides, I recall him going 11-5 in his rookie year without Julio Jones and Gonzalez. Fact is, Roddy White didnt take off until Ryan arrived in Atlanta too.

The playoff losses..... how many QBs win a bunch of playoff games in their first 4 seasons? What are you telling me that Mark Sanchez is the **** or something? Get real.

The guy has LEAD his team to the playoffs 3 times in the first 4 years. Thats impressive no matter how you cut it. His team also was defeated by the team that went on to the Super Bowl in the NFC each time so it isnt as if he was losing to garbage teams in the playoffs. 2 of the 3 were road games as well.

On top of all of that, its almost like these people dont watch the games. Matt Ryan already can come to the line and go full Manning on teams. He does so much **** that only great QBs do. If Tannehill is anything near as good as Ryan we will win a lot of games in the near future.

Pretty sure I'd rather have 45 wins and make the playoffs every year like Ryan vs. what we have done with Long. Certainly Long isn't to blame for our situation, but common sense for any NFL team when faced with the choice....If you need a QB and have the 1st pick....you take the friggen QB. I wouldn't call Ryan top tier (say top 5-7) walking into this year but he's around the top 10 and Atlanta is again a contender.

Back
Top Bottom