Jake Long not dominating? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long not dominating?

lol at people using "Ryan has a ton of weapons around him" as an excuse for his success. If the Dolphins knew how to draft, we would have a QB with weapons too.

Jake "Potato Chip" Long is very overrated. It appears he's always hurt. He's a good Olinemen when healthy, but certainly not worth breaking the bank paying what hes going to want. Let him walk after the season and move martin to LT. Then draft or sign a RT.

So many love to dismiss Matt Ryan - hasn't won a playoff game, has weapons, blah blah blah. How many playoff games has Jake Long won? And why aren't these excuses made for Aaron Rogers, who has tons of weapons - it took him time too. Fact is, if Tannehill becomes as good as Ryan, fans will be loving it. I doubt that he will.

It's obvious that Matt Ryan should have been the pick. Some are still in denial, and that's why only Dolphins fans hate on Matt Ryan so much.

Or it's just week 1 and tanny becomes better than ryan. and we have long.

Jake "Potato Chip" Long is very overrated. It appears he's always hurt. He's a good Olinemen when healthy, but certainly not worth breaking the bank paying what hes going to want. Let him walk after the season and move martin to LT. Then draft or sign a RT.[/QU

Wow, glad ur not the gm.

Question to everyone here, knowing his injury history and his play the past 15 regular seasons, would you give Jake Long 10-14 million per year? (his agent is definitely going to ask for that amount this offseason). Or would you let him walk to another team that is willing to pay that amount?

Question to everyone here, knowing his injury history and his play the past 15 regular seasons, would you give Jake Long 10-14 million per year? (his agent is definitely going to ask for that amount this offseason). Or would you let him walk to another team that is willing to pay that amount?

Walk.

Let him walk... another in a long line of NON difference makers that Ireland has drafted. Dude can't clock speed rushers

Neither, I would franchise him, draft a possible replacement and see where we are going into 2014. Long is not the perfect fit for our system, but do you people not remember what it was like before we got him?? Martin is our worst OLman right now, unless he can make HUGE strides and I mean FREAKING HUGE strides I don't think we can afford to let Long go. You have to replace talent with talent, letting people go, like Marshall and Vontae without having a replacement is what has us where we are. Long is a team leader and if he stays healthy the entire season he has to be a dolphin next year, PERIOD. Not saying I would give him a huge contract but we have to keep him until we find his replacement, and Martin ISN'T it.

I'd let him walk. We could sign or draft a decent tackle in the offseason.

Jake Long is an overrated, overpaid, POS.

Matty Ice is going to be an MVP candidate this year. End of story.

All the Matty Ice haters are just in denial. Admitting the guy is Peyton Jr would be forcing them to admit it was the biggest blunder you could imagine taking a ****ing LT instead of the stud QB. Simple as that.

All those excuses are BS. Yea, Ryan has weapons, what good QB in the league dosent? Besides, I recall him going 11-5 in his rookie year without Julio Jones and Gonzalez. Fact is, Roddy White didnt take off until Ryan arrived in Atlanta too.

The playoff losses..... how many QBs win a bunch of playoff games in their first 4 seasons? What are you telling me that Mark Sanchez is the **** or something? Get real.

The guy has LEAD his team to the playoffs 3 times in the first 4 years. Thats impressive no matter how you cut it. His team also was defeated by the team that went on to the Super Bowl in the NFC each time so it isnt as if he was losing to garbage teams in the playoffs. 2 of the 3 were road games as well.

On top of all of that, its almost like these people dont watch the games. Matt Ryan already can come to the line and go full Manning on teams. He does so much **** that only great QBs do. If Tannehill is anything near as good as Ryan we will win a lot of games in the near future.

at least get your facts straight. White had a 1200+ yard season in 2007 with Joey Harrington, Chris Redman and Byron Leftwich at QB. Ryan was drafted in 2008.

You guys sound like y'all just picked up footballs, that is the most absurd thing I have heard in 7 years on this site, everyone get beat once in a while, and you are still talking about your man-crush on ryan or is it just a man crush? Jake is fine, you guys just won't to stir the pot, please just support the players that are here, if you love ryan so much i'm pretty sure the Falcons will welcome you as a fan.

Whose to say that Ryan would have done the same thing Miami? and he is good but he haven't done anything when it comes to crunch time, he goes to the dance but don't dance, and furthermore how can you set there and seriously compare the two posistions? that tells me that you don't know anything about football.

Where were we before Long, we stunk, where are we with Long, we stink. That because our idiots in charge thought a left tackle was more important than a franchise qb.

Back
Top Bottom