Jake Long on road to recovery, i.e. walking again | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long on road to recovery, i.e. walking again

Right but you must deduct salary cap that's the revenue gross not net to the owner.....

Only stating this because a poster said owners make "Billions" which is so far out there it's comical.

Owning any pro franchise is a club for self made people not to make your first "billion"

That 227 was profit...after everything...but I was agreeing with you

Sorry have to add you said "billions" not a billion re-read your comment without the inner snowflake thought coming out.

Per Forbes, the NFL made north of 9 billion dollars last year. That’s billions. Plural. Again, basic English. Maybe take a few courses at your community college, that way you know this stuff.

Per Forbes, the NFL made north of 9 billion dollars last year. That’s billions. Plural. Again, basic English. Maybe take a few courses at your community college, that way you know this stuff.

You said the owners make billions per now your stating the entire NFL's revenue was 9 billion? However; you also stated the owner makes billions I even gave you the benefit of the doubt (unfortunately) and figured you meant all owners lol, maybe you should quit while your so far behind........this is getting good!

Maybe you should get of the basement of your parents house and hit the real world, maybe you would know this stuff.

Just stop it, this feels like a far left liberal trying to save face when they lost already with a far reached comment that can't be justified.

Last edited:
You said the owner's made billions now your stating the entire NFL's revenue was 9 billion? You stated the owner makes billions I even gave you the benefit of the doubt (unfortunately) and figured you meant all owners lol, maybe you should quit while your so far behind........this is getting good!

LOL whatever dude.

First you make fun of a guy for posting that he is walking for the first time in a year, and now you're trying to make up some nonsense about the someone other than the owners of the 32 NFL teams getting the profits. This is sad.

LOL whatever dude.

First you make fun of a guy for posting that he is walking for the first time in a year, and now you're trying to make up some nonsense about the someone other than the owners of the 32 NFL teams getting the profits. This is sad.

lmao I didn't make fun of him (simply I don't care), I said don't make a go fund me page and I rather see a guy that didn't make millions nor have a retirement struggle. Then you stated owners made billions, now your back pedalling.

So the owners get to make billions, but the players should just be happy with whatever they get?

Not to make this political or whatever, but a lot of players actually make more money than the owners do by virtue of owning football teams, at least if we're talking about of profit that goes into a typical owner's pocket every year. I'm sure Jake who got in before the rookie salary cap was probably one of those players.

The owners who got really rich by owning NFL teams are the ones that got in a relatively long time ago, and bought low. Guys like Jerry Jones, the Rooneys, Al/Mark Davis, etc.

Stephen Ross has probably lost money owning the Dolphins when all is said and done. (He's got the money to spare, so don't cry for him Argentina). A good chance he'll make a pretty penny if he ever decides the team.

Owners , front office, coaches, players are all grossly overpaid.

I agree with this 100%.

The networks pay grossly inflated television contracts, which in turn means that they have to sell more and more advertising, and even this new intrusive "during the game" advertising. Ticket prices keep going up and up, so that now many tickets are sold to corporations to give out as perks or as part of contests, rather than being available to actual football fans who want to get good seats. Don't even get me started on this entire concept of a "personal seat license." It's theft and extortion, is what it is.

A more humble game would be a better game, but we are long past the point of no return on this. With NFL teams and the NFLPA now operating under the assumption that the salary cap will continue to rise every year -- and making key decisions accordingly -- no one will ever try to throw their arms out and yell "Stop! We need to slow this down!"

Get ready for advertisements on jerseys and painted on the field.

When I was going for an MBA in Mktg Mgt, my late uncle, a self-made multi millionaire tried to warn me not to waste my time by advising that: "there are 2 groups of people who make big money - the ones that own it and the ones that sell it." He had been both in his career (including a couple of radio stations) and while I scoffed at his advice back then, I've come to understand how true it is. Long way of saying: yeah, the owners make a $hitload but they're the ones who put up the most and that's the nature of any business. I for one don't begrudge them.

They aren't.

People love to throw out this perspective, but yet still take their time to be active on discussion forums, paying for tickets, merchandise, etc.

They get paid what they get paid because you care about it. You care about it A LOT. Supply and demand. NFL generates 9 billion smackers in revenue yearly on average.

When you stop using sports as your escape, is when they will stop being paid.
I don't always agree with you but this is spot on. Every single one of us can make the decision to stop watching football, stop playing fantasy football, stop going into the stadium, stop buying merchandise. Only then will the ticket prices go down, the players get paid less, the owners making less, etc. I know I won't stop. I love watching this game, talking about it, playing fantasy football. And I'm ok paying for it and I'm ok the owners and players getting paid for it. It's for my entertainment.

The soccer World Cup this year is in Russia. Actually, nobody should watch a single game because...Russia. Only then would FIFA learn and not put World Cups in such ridiculous places like Russia or Qatar. But the soccer World Cup is the greatest entertainment in my life, it's only once in four years and I wouldn't miss a single game, regardless where it is. As a consequence I don't have a right to complain about everything that comes with it.

His first couple years, he was about as dominant as a LT as I\ve seen in almost five decades of watching football. I hope he can go on to lead a relatively normal life...
shocking, honestly . Dominant? really?

Yea Cowboys have a profit of $227 million...a far cry from a billions...most make more money on the outside business affairs
Okay, then name the players who made over $227 million last year. Also, how long has Jerry Jones been the owner of the Cowboys? How long do owners usually own teams? How long does the average NFL player last in the NFL?
Maybe none of them deserve this money in the grand scheme of things, but since the money is being generated do you really think it’s so horrible for a player (ie the person the fans actually pay to see play) to want a share of the revenue they help create? Especially since if they’re lucky their careers might span a decade while their bodies pay for it for the rest of their lives?

shocking, honestly . Dominant? really?

Seriously? I've not heard much dispute about Long's play before injuries did him in. The dude was pretty much a lock down in pass pro, could maul at the PoA and still had the speed and atleticism to get outside, stay on his feet and engage on the move. And he combined that natural ability with toughness, work ethic and leadership. He was the full package before his career was derailed.

You think differently?

I didn't know his injuries were that serious and to this point. I wish him a full recovery. He was awesome in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom