Jake Long on road to recovery, i.e. walking again | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long on road to recovery, i.e. walking again

I agree with this 100%.

The networks pay grossly inflated television contracts, which in turn means that they have to sell more and more advertising, and even this new intrusive "during the game" advertising. Ticket prices keep going up and up, so that now many tickets are sold to corporations to give out as perks or as part of contests, rather than being available to actual football fans who want to get good seats. Don't even get me started on this entire concept of a "personal seat license." It's theft and extortion, is what it is.

A more humble game would be a better game, but we are long past the point of no return on this. With NFL teams and the NFLPA now operating under the assumption that the salary cap will continue to rise every year -- and making key decisions accordingly -- no one will ever try to throw their arms out and yell "Stop! We need to slow this down!"

Get ready for advertisements on jerseys and painted on the field.
Yes but think about how much easier it will be to get all those booth reviews correct - “after further review, the runner’s knee came down at the top of the S on the Starbucks logo and the ball came loose at the 3rd ring of the Target logo. The line to gain was the Hamburgler’s right foot, which the runner failed to achieve. It will be 1st and 10 NE ball at the spot of the Papa John’s left hand corner of the pizza box”.

I remember seeing him block 2 guys at once. Put one down side stepped blocked the other then back on top of the first one when he tried to get back up. Amazing!

A reminder guys. Attacking another poster personally instead of going after what he posted is a no no and will be deleted.
If it continues you will be banned from the thread.

Carry on.

Best of luck to you Big Jake! We're pulling for you! Hey,

Sparano played him when he was injured, compounding his issues. Eventually, his entire body broke down. But, he came in as a fairly dependable OT, and his first year or so he was dominant in both pass protection and the run game. He was on an HoF trajectory if he could have stayed healthy. He was never a jerk, criminal, selfish or problem child. He looked to be an excellent first pick. Sure, you can make a case for Matty Ice or others too, but he looked like everything he was advertised to be, and that's unusual for draft picks.

Great draft pick that had injury issues end his career early. We'll always be proud to have you represent us Jake. Come back any time.

Okay, then name the players who made over $227 million last year. Also, how long has Jerry Jones been the owner of the Cowboys? How long do owners usually own teams? How long does the average NFL player last in the NFL?
Maybe none of them deserve this money in the grand scheme of things, but since the money is being generated do you really think it’s so horrible for a player (ie the person the fans actually pay to see play) to want a share of the revenue they help create? Especially since if they’re lucky their careers might span a decade while their bodies pay for it for the rest of their lives?

Uhhhh...I never once said a player didn't deserve money period....the response you quoted was a reply to someone about teams and how much money the teams make...not once did I say players don't deserve the money they make...are some worth the money they want, no they aren't....

Damn shame injuries ****ed him up that bad.

Dude was an legit LT from day 1.

I knew he had gotten hurt, never knew it was this bad...........good luck to him.

And you have morons who have the nerve to question NFL players holding out for more money.

Riiiight, but lets hate on poor people who want a better wage to feed family. Nobody forced Long to play or stay in football. This mentality of bowing to wealthy is sick. The average american is a job loss away from losing everything. But lets all feel bad for the rich athletes who made a poor choice to play football full time

People are arguing over whether players are overpaid or whether the owners don't pay them enough especially given how taxing the profession is on the body. There's no right answer to this debate. Thankfully, human beings have come up with something called "the market" aided by the concepts of the collective bargaining and workers compensation that have allowed NFL players, on average, to get paid very very well and that the teams' insurers will pay for any medical problems players have as a result of injuries suffered on the job.

Maybe the owners are still fat cats, but an interesting thing you'll notice is that in countries that did away with the fat cat sports owners, the players take great risks (sometimes even commit treason) so they can be exploited by fat cat owners.

Owners , front office, coaches, players are all grossly overpaid.
You obviously have little understanding of the FREE enterprise system or how people EARN their wealth. I guess you are the final arbiter of an individual’s deserved pay.

Back
Top Bottom