Jakeem Grant a wasted extension | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant a wasted extension

He is looking lost like his rookie year.

Hands are not good.

KR & PR are being handled carelessly by him.

Yea the drops suck but I agree with you, his awareness, especially on punt returns, was really bad today. Expect that to be better from him.

As far as the extension goes, it really is such a low risk extension that you gamble on him becoming a consistent game breaker, so it doesn’t bother me tbh. Hopefully he gets all the bugs out after the bye week as he really was limited all camp/preseason.

So pre draft, his hands are just ok, their gonna hurt you at times but you live with that relative to what he gives you when he does catch the ball.

Kick returner does not have the instinct for, better punt returner..I still like the player but I think he hasn’t found his position..

Imo I knows it’s unconventional, but I would move him to third down back where he can be the outlet/checkdown, Can catch easy passes in space, catch easy screen passes, and pass block.

Questionable decisions has been how our FO has been labeled for years.....that's why i'm terrified what they may do with all this capital. We have a chance to rebuild this franchise from the ground floor OR squander it all away like fools.

There was no reason to extend Grant in a year of the tank. The guy is a gimmick - jitterbug quick but mediocre hands, tiny catch radius and questionable awareness. He's a #4/#5 on a good roster and special teamer. It seems he was extended because he works hard and they needed some leadership? In the grand scheme it won't matter but it's just another head scratcher.

For the most part Grant is the same player he’s always been. He improved enough on his hands the last few seasons to get his extension but he’s reverted back to normal. He’s not useful as he could be for trick plays or running back kicks because he’s hands are so inconsistent.

Seriously stop stressing the extension as “good or bad” . . .it is irrelevant.

Just to show how irrelevant this extension was . . . .they basically gave him a $3 million shot in 2019 to see if he could revert back to some of the game breaking ability he showed before getting hurt in 2018 and get that type of player at a discount. That is all they have invested.

Instead of 4/2.5, its 4/5.5 . . . .and they can easily opt out in 2020 before any extra funds get added to it. The stressing about being “right or wrong” about the deal just makes little sense, it was a calculated gamble on a popular player both on the field and in the community, one that arguably has provided us the most explosive plays from any offensive/special teams player since 2016.

Calm down, the deal was not a mistake, not the way its structured.

Grant to me seems to be playing more timid than the past. Which this year I'm fine with. Stay healthy. Parker and drake on the other hand seriously pissed me off today.

Back
Top Bottom