Jakeem Grant | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

How can you say that based on his usage so far? He hasn't been dropping passes. I haven't seen him making wrong reads and running bad routes. Right now his role is the 5th option behing Parker, Williams, Gesicki and Ford. I don't know that we can really say that anybody else would have shown more in that same role in these first two games. Don't get me wrong, there are options from other teams and in the 2021 draft that I would like to replace Grant with, but I can't say if they were in the lineup the last few weeks that we would have heard their names called anymore than Grant's has been called.

He's an enigma to me. I see the explosive traits but I don't see a good football player. His false start yesterday didn't help. A WR cannot false start, I mean c'mon JG.

I also don't know that Fitz likes throwing to smaller receivers, and JG is quite short. Conversely, he has no problem putting the ball in a spot for guys like Gesicki and Parker to use their bodies to shield the defender.

This is Grant's last kick at the can in Miami. They need to find a role for him and he needs to run with it or he's certainly going to be gone in the offseason.

Considering we still have him on the books for the next 4 years is disappointing to say the least. 5mil for our 4th/5th option, would be 6th/7th if Hurns and Wilson were out there.

Right now he's all we have. Ford is a good kid but he doesn't scare the DC at all. Sooner or later they will choke up on his routes and he's JAG.

I don't know why, but I have a feeling he could be a better fit with Tua.

There was one play in the opener where he blasted past coverage and Fitzpatrick didn't see him. He hits that play and maybe the narrative is different?

This is likely true. Just like Gesickie in his earlier years and everyone tried to write him off Grant actually get's open A LOT!
I just don't think Fitz is comfortable throwing to him. It might be his stature and Fitz accuracy..

I get the impression he'll do much better with Tua..

Overall and we all knew before the season started we need to add more talent to that position.

Right now he's all we have. Ford is a good kid but he doesn't scare the DC at all. Sooner or later they will choke up on his routes and he's JAG.
Lol

Grant doesn't cause any DCs to lose any sleep either.

At least Ford is a good route runner, and catches everything within reasonable reach.

I know if I were a QB, and I needed to pick up a 3rd and 6, I have more faith in Ford making the play.

Last edited:
Lol

Grant doesn't cause any DCs toblose any sleep either.

At least Ford is a good route runner, and catches everything within reasonable reach.

I know if I were a QB, and I needed to pick up a 3rd and 6, I have more faith in Ford making the play.
Ford will be running great routes in an ever decreasing box until they close him out. Grant is a wildcard, he has what you can't coach or teach.

This is likely true. Just like Gesickie in his earlier years and everyone tried to write him off Grant actually get's open A LOT!
I just don't think Fitz is comfortable throwing to him. It might be his stature and Fitz accuracy..

I get the impression he'll do much better with Tua..

Overall and we all knew before the season started we need to add more talent to that position.
You never know, Duper exploded when Dan Marino came to town.

Some wide receivers work better with different quarterbacks. Parker has benefited from Fitzpatrick, maybe Geiski too.

I would de-activate him while Fitz is the QB, he's just not going to throw in his direction. Pointless.

Back
Top Bottom