Jakeem Grant | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem Grant

Seriously?! After all the wrs this team has given serious playing time in the last 20 years you think Grant is "a garbage football player"
This is seriously an absurd thing to say.
If he were just a return guy and gave absolutely nothing on offense he would not be "garbage".
His numbers align rather well with his snap usage.
You're a grade A poster though brother keep up the good work, I'll make sure to leave the post notification on so I don't miss a single take.
Btw Marlon Moore, Greg Cam, Marcus Vick, Matt Hazel, Leonte Caroo, Brice Butler, Derek Hagan, all say hi!!

Why hate on guys like Marlon Moore (who played high energy but didn't see a lot of snaps) and Matt Hazel (who was a 6th round pick that barely played)?

I get that Grant is a pretty silly guy to pick on too, but Grant has been doubled down on by the team with an extension.

Grant's existence on this roster doesn't hurt some other worthy player right now. But some act like he is some untapped weapon despite having proven what he is - a guy who contributes a play every few weeks.

He is also one of the few guys on the team with true speed, and it, unlike some, is football speed.

I don't have a huge issue with him, but he has limitations as a reciever, and I can see an upgrade in the future.

Its not fault of his own but for what hes being paid the team needs more than a couple plays and mediocre return numbers. If this is all he is going to be then hes out after this season getting replaced by someone on a rookie contract.

Hard to tell with Fitz if its the QB or WR but it sure looks like he has difficulty running precise routes. The main thing that stood out to me about that great catch he made is that Fitz led him expecting him to keep coming back and he let up. It seems like a common theme with him with the ball never appearing to be on target and him having difficulty making those kind of catches.

Its not fault of his own but for what hes being paid the team needs more than a couple plays and mediocre return numbers. If this is all he is going to be then hes out after this season getting replaced by someone on a rookie contract.

Hard to tell with Fitz if its the QB or WR but it sure looks like he has difficulty running precise routes. The main thing that stood out to me about that great catch he made is that Fitz led him expecting him to keep coming back and he let up. It seems like a common theme with him with the ball never appearing to be on target and him having difficulty making those kind of catches.

Lol, Fitz underthrow that ball. Grant stopped and pivot 1 or 2 yards beyond the mark to make! If he did as you suggested and the CB followed throw and tackled he would have been short of the mark.

If your going to criticize the guy then atleast be accurate on your assement.

Lol, Fitz underthrow that ball. Grant stopped and pivot 1 or 2 yards beyond the mark to make! If he did as you suggested and the CB followed throw and tackled he would have been short of the mark.

If your going to criticize the guy then atleast be accurate on your assement.

He plants 3 yrds beyond the mark. When he plants he stumbles a bit, shuffles his feet and doesn't come out clean. Then he dives for the ball.

Maybe you're right and Fitz did look like he threw without being set. But its still a pretty stark difference watching the footwork of Grant running that route and other receivers in this league. It just never looks precise.

He plants 3 yrds beyond the mark. When he plants he stumbles a bit, shuffles his feet and doesn't come out clean. Then he dives for the ball.

Maybe you're right and Fitz did look like he threw without being set. But its still a pretty stark difference watching the footwork of Grant running that route and other receivers in this league. It just never looks precise.

So now we're moving this to other recievers in the league?

Lmao I can count at least 3 footwork and wr coaches who posted that exact route and talked about how nice it was, he stumbled and fixed it quick.. your gonna complain about stuff Coaches are showing kids!?! Lmao hey coach you must know you're stuff

Why hate on guys like Marlon Moore (who played high energy but didn't see a lot of snaps) and Matt Hazel (who was a 6th round pick that barely played)?

I get that Grant is a pretty silly guy to pick on too, but Grant has been doubled down on by the team with an extension.

Grant's existence on this roster doesn't hurt some other worthy player right now. But some act like he is some untapped weapon despite having proven what he is - a guy who contributes a play every few weeks.
Yeah sounds like you dont see his as "garbage" either...
Those guys were mostly wr number 4s, as Grant is..Moore actually played a similar number of snaps yo what jakeem sees..

Yeah sounds like you dont see his as "garbage" either...
Those guys were mostly wr number 4s, as Grant is..Moore actually played a similar number of snaps yo what jakeem sees..

I'm not calling Grant, Moore, or Hazel garbage.

Legedu Nannee was garbage. Derrius Thompson was garbage.

The wrs need to arrow out or in more in their vertical stems it will help open hips at the top of the route and put leverage in a bind and create more separation with a group that doesn’t get much.

Especially vs off. You want to force that man at the top of the route to open up or bail.

Last edited:
So now we're moving this to other recievers in the league?

Well if the man is going to stick with the team beyond this year he needs to show that hes an NFL receiver, and I do think the logical way to do that is by comparing him to others that have success at this level.

I like the guy and his journey to the professional level is a great story. But he got paid to be a #3, hes not a slot receiver, not an outside receiver, and doesn't distinguish himself in the return game. When you get the 20 mil deal you're expected to beat out the likes of Ford and show enough that the coaching staff feels compelled to put you on the field for more than 10 plays a game. If he can't make that case this season hes going to be playing somewhere else a year from now.

The wrs need to arrow out or in more in their vertical stems it will help open hips at the top of the route and put leverage in a bind and create more separation with a group that doesn’t get much.

Especially vs off. You want to force that man at the top of the route to open up or bail.

both DVP and Preston look worse in that aspect this year. Could be injuries. I didn’t put much stock into the players saying in the off season “gailey lets us get open however we can” instead of coaching them to get out of the stem a certain way. Makes you wonder

For a no 5 WR he gives you more than Hurns or Ford. That end around wasn’t a garden variety one like when we used to do it w Landry. That speed and cut back ability got him 15 more yards than someone not as fast / quick would have gotten. His catch and awareness was a great play too.
I can't understand why he isn't featured more.

Guys on pace for 245 receiving yards and 150 rushing yards. As our 6th option and potential to break one long. I’ll take it. Don’t absolutely love him. But some of you guys are completely overreacting.

Back
Top Bottom