Jakeem's arms are massive | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jakeem's arms are massive

Jakeem just lost his confidence and as a rookie that's vital

Nah. he's still doing the same dumb **** in Carolina. He's only slightly better than Mike Wallace b/c of his return ability.

ginntddrops.gif
Ginn is a hell of a return guy, but even with that, I think I'm still taking Wallace. Ginn drops a lot of easy s**t. Not even over the middle stuff either....literally drops touchdowns, lol

Ginn is a hell of a return guy, but even with that, I think I'm still taking Wallace. Ginn drops a lot of easy s**t. Not even over the middle stuff either....literally drops touchdowns, lol

I've seen drunks at 2am and headless chickens run better routes than Wallace. For both their only real hope of being hand-catchers is something along the lines of . . .

gloves-and-ball-from-the-game-scatch-grip-football-d11xfj.jpg

I've seen drunks at 2am and headless chickens run better routes than Wallace. For both their only real hope of being hand-catchers is something along the lines of . . .

gloves-and-ball-from-the-game-scatch-grip-football-d11xfj.jpg
Hahaha. Yeah, they will never be confused with Steve Largent when it comes to route running and I don't miss either one. But, I've never seen Wallace drop that many easy passes throughout his career like Ginn has. Put me together a Wallace follies tape, tho. I'm sure he's got some good ones!

In the overall scheme of things does 3 or 4 Ginn drops per season hurt a team any more than 3 or 4 incomplete passes resulted from Wallace running a poor or wrong route? Plus a wrong route is more likely to lead to an int than a dropped pass. I'm thinking a qb doesn't want to see either, but the wrong routes might be more of a concern.

In the overall scheme of things does 3 or 4 Ginn drops per season hurt a team any more than 3 or 4 incomplete passes resulted from Wallace running a poor or wrong route? Plus a wrong route is more likely to lead to an int than a dropped pass. I'm thinking a qb doesn't want to see either, but the wrong routes might be more of a concern.
Good point. But, who knows how many routes Ginn doesn't run right? I just see Ginn drop a whole lot more balls than any other wideout in the league.

Last edited:
Good point. But, who knows how many routes Ginn doesn't run right? I just see Ginn drop a whole lot more balls than any other wideout in the league.

I think that's because we look for it more. I don't know that Ginn has ever led the league in drops, he just has some very obvious ones. I also think in the case of Ginn and Wallace the overall feeling is they will both make mistakes, but both make enough big plays that they're worth the risk. The truth is if the rest of the team is doing their jobs the 3 or 4 drops or poor routes per season can be overcome. On middle of the road or poor teams those mistakes kill you. Ginn on the Patriots would still be a valuable weapon. Ginn on the Browns would have little value.

I think that's because we look for it more. I don't know that Ginn has ever led the league in drops, he just has some very obvious ones. I also think in the case of Ginn and Wallace the overall feeling is they will both make mistakes, but both make enough big plays that they're worth the risk. The truth is if the rest of the team is doing their jobs the 3 or 4 drops or poor routes can be overcome. On middle of the road or poor teams those mistakes kill you. Ginn on the Patriots would still be a valuable weapon. Ginn on the Browns would have little value.

I disagree. Solid, undeviating route running is a must in order to be on the same page as your QB. Belichick wouldn't put up with their sloppy footwork and inconsistencies.

I'm just thinking Ginn and Edelman had 5 drops in 2016 and their 2015/2016 totals are 15 for Ginn and 13 for Edelman, however nobody will be call for Edelman's head soon. To me fair Edelman also had more targets than Ginn to reach those numbers. Part of my thinking is that Ginn's 5 drops in 2016 when the Panthers struggled seemed more harmful than the 10 in 2015 when he had 10 td's and they went to the Super Bowl.

"Tagged with 23 drops over last three seasons."
"• Inconsistent hands. Dropped 21 of the 176 catchable passes thrown his way over the past two seasons."
"Too many drops."
"Drops are a big issue for Grant, who put 21 passes on the ground on 238 targets in the past two seasons, according to College Football Focus. It's alarming that nine of his drops in 2015 came in the middle of the field, where a smaller receiver like Grant would naturally be utilized in the NFL."
"Jakeem Grant needs to get better at catching the football."

Each quote is from a different scouting report. You can google Jakeem Grant scouting report for the sources. How do people not know he has catch issues?[/QUOTE]

Because we didn't get to see it last year...not enough passes to him to make assessment. Just sayin

Back
Top Bottom