Jalen Ramsey and Tua Golf | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jalen Ramsey and Tua Golf

96 is reasonable depending on course. First time i ever played i think i was somewhere around there, BUT i had been to the driving range alot with my cousin so could already crush the ball off the tee. Also a couple of our favorite courses had wide fairways and maybe one or two hard dog legs.

So yeah if there is not a lot of sand and water and some wide fairways, as long as he has his swing down, I see zero reason he couldnt shot 24 over.

Jalen has so much money that he could get a custom set of the top graded clubs tailored to his swing just for this outing. Its not like he's swinging 1990 King Snakes with max-fli balls like my first time playing

The very first time I played I did a 104. Then migrated to a 180. You just never know when the big game mighty happen. I even did a 250ish bowling even tough l though my average is 110ish. I think it depends on how much you've had to drink before/during playing. Lol

I have no opinion on what happened. Of course I'm in Portugal on a biking trip right now, and am three glasses in at lunch.
First time I bowled as a teenager/ adult was a 113. At that point I started leagues and finished around 160 my first year. I kept at it for years bowling multiple times a week and eventually got my average to 220. Got to the point where I've bowled multiple 300's and I have bowled 800 series.

To your point, to have an average of 110 and pulling off a 250 game is impressive.

Simple question.

When you are on vacation or on your day off, do you stay home and do work for your job? I didn't think so. How can anyone on possibly know he isn't working out the other 6 days in the week. Is a person not supposed to have a life outside of their job?

I admit that I am projecting some anger on him through saying what I said..

as a pro athlete trying to reach the apex of your craft, and knowing how you went out, and what kind of shape you were in doing so, working out twice a day as a pro athlete is not off base at all.

But you’re right, my opinion on the matter is severely biased and filled with piss and vinegar, it’s also why I disclosed “ I hope he is”

Clubs nowadays certainly help, but being athletic has nothing to do with being good at golf.

Ive seen 70+ year old men whip the snot outta plenty of young hotshots, myself included.

Drive for show, putt for Dough.

In fact, I'd say being young and athletic is actually more of a hindrance because your testosterone wants you to knock the cover off the ball, which is 100% the opposite of what you need to do to score low.

Moreover, Florida courses are NOT kind to new golfers. Water is EVERYWHERE.

I'd imagine, that score doesnt reflect any penalty strokes due to water/OB, plenty of mulligans and gimmies.

They arent professional golfers so **** the scorecard. The important part is "Did they have fun?" from the pic I'd say they did.

Mission accomplished.
Some great points

I played organized sports my whole life but golf is not a sport in my eyes. You can be fat and out of shape with no athletic ability and be a good golfer. However, I think it’s a highly skilled “game”

Ugh, Florida courses. They are ****ing tough

I’ve had some of my worse range sessions before a match and had my best golf games

I’ve had my best range sessions and had my worst rounds

You just don’t know what golfer in you shows up that day. So unpredictable

I think what’s festering in me is not only how he allowed himself to get out of shape and I believe that affected how he played the position in the final quarter of the season. It also has something to do with a interaction we all saw that McDaniel had with Tua..

He was telling Tua how superstars like Kobe, Jordan and Tiger worked at their craft..

So I guess I’m just holding him to too high of a standard.

I admit that I am projecting some anger on him through saying what I said..

as a pro athlete trying to reach the apex of your craft, and knowing how you went out, and what kind of shape you were in doing so, working out twice a day as a pro athlete is not off base at all.

But you’re right, my opinion on the matter is severely biased and filled with piss and vinegar, it’s also why I disclosed “ I hope he is”
No hard feelings brother. I'm with you where I want every player to take the next big step to be Elite. I'm also in the camp, you need to have some other enjoyment in your life. Not everyone can live, sleep and breath their profession.

Some great points

I played organized sports my whole life but golf is not a sport in my eyes. You can be fat and out of shape with no athletic ability and be a good golfer. However, I think it’s a highly skilled “game”

Ugh, Florida courses. They are ****ing tough

I’ve had some of my worse range sessions before a match and had my best golf games

I’ve had my best range sessions and had my worst rounds

You just don’t know what golfer in you shows up that day. So unpredictable
I totally consider golf a sport because I suck at it. I'm in relatively good shape but even when I was playing relatively regularly I struggled to crack 100. I shot 80 one time and I have no idea what the hell happened on that day, then I realized I was on a Par 3 course.

I DO NOT WANT this to turn into another Tua contract thread, so I'll just acknowledge right off the bat that it was cool of Jalen to post this in support of a teammate.

However, I DO want to discuss Jalen Ramsey's scorecard.

1. Does anyone believe he shot a 96 on his '3rd time golfing ever'?
2. Do you think it's more likely he made 4 pars in a row to finish his round, or he quit after 14 holes and just put himself down for par?
3. How many mulligans/gimmes do you think he took if he's really claiming 96?
4. How much money do you think was wagered?
5. Would Jalen cheating/lying about his score be an indictment of his character?
View attachment 170301

Before anyone take this too seriously, it's meant to be a joke. I don't really care if Jalen cheats at golf, but I def don't believe he shot a 96 with 4 pars in a row if this was indeed his 3rd time ever playing golf lol.
Bruh...a 96 isn't hard. I was under a hundred in my first few weeks, hole-in-one (in a 5 over round) 3 months in.

Back
Top Bottom