Jalen Ramsey For A 1st Round Pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jalen Ramsey For A 1st Round Pick?

I'm not saying I disagree here, but how exactly can a CB be selfish? It's not like he can throw a fit because he isnt getting the ball enough etc. He just goes out there every play and covers his man. Idk what he could really ask for except for money. Unless its that he just constantly throws players and coaches under the bus
just the way he runs his mouth, and the things he says

Shefter said the Jags may be willing to trade him in the offseason.

Would pair nicely with X. Howard and Fitzpatrick in the backfield.

Would be better than the Legion of boom in Seattle. Some compare him to Deion Sanders.

A 1st is nothing for a talent like that.

Ramsey is having a down year so it will be good to get him while his value is down.

Would make our Defense that much better.

What do you all think?

"I bleed aqua and orange." T. Mash
Genesis 10:23

No. I would give a 2nd though.

The value of a 1st is a combination of a few things:
1. It’s a player of all pro caliber potential
2. Inexpensive first contract.
3. Building block/core player for 8-12 years

I realize the argument is it removes the risk of him being a bust (and Miami is very capable of making bad draft decisions) but if they spend it on a player in their mid to late 20’s then they lose much of that value.

If they want to maximize value and limit risk then spread it out by trading it for multiple picks. Miami certainly needs more than 1 player too.

Jalen has to mature more as a player before I'd want to throw money at him. His ego is huge and he trips up on his tongue often. The media loves him because he spits hot takes out like there is no tomorrow.

Love the talent but when you pray for rain, you best be prepared to deal with the mud too.

A top 3 premium position along with qb and pass rusher? Heck yeah. And if we drafted him so would you

Looks like you've angered the cap gurus. Don't you know that division winners are determined by cap savings, not talent and wins? This is why the Browns, Colts, and 49ers are competing for a championship with all their sweet sweet cap space, while the Saints, Chargers, Rams, etc. are twiddling their thumbs at the bottom with no hope.

A good GM makes it work financially. Unfortunately, we're stuck with Tannenbum, so I'm not overly hopeful.

No. If he was under contract already on his second deal maybe. But, you risk giving up a 1st for a 1 year rental in this case. Now, if agreeing to a longer term deal is part of the trade, i would strongly consider if we keep winning games. He is kind of a dbag though, but he can really play

Call me crazy, but I don't want this headcase in this team's locker room.

I thought his decision to **** talk a rookie quarterback, then get beat by said rookie quarterback, and then keep talking **** was a great indicator of what's going on between this guy's ears: basically nothing.

No thanks, let's draft a good player. We have spent 2 years jettisoning malcontent / dumbass players who were also very talented and productive because the coach is preaching team chemistry and character. The whole 'winning culture' bit. If the coach is coming back, there's no way you can bring one of the most outspoken dumbasses in sport into this locker room and not set yourself up for serious problems.

Just doesn't make any sense to do it.

Doubt you could get him for just one 1st rounder. Might take 2 1st.

Hell yes. It's a defense heavy draft, but the draft is still a crapshoot. Might as well get a proven guy. Ramsey & Howard would be great.

Jalen has to mature more as a player before I'd want to throw money at him. His ego is huge and he trips up on his tongue often. The media loves him because he spits hot takes out like there is no tomorrow.

Love the talent but when you pray for rain, you best be prepared to deal with the mud too.

There's a little Stugotz in everyone lol

If there’s a legit chance of a SB run next year then absolutely! With him and X, no one could throw against us.

Back
Top Bottom