Ja’marr Chase | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja’marr Chase

Actually, I've only seen one report that we're interested in Chase from that Neal Driscoll who is mostly known for being wrong about Miami. On the other hand there have been multiple reports from Armando, Kiper and Pauline that Miami is targeting Smith and Waddle. You can choose to stick your head in the sand or just keep wishing for whatever you want, but reality is that despite being tight lipped our first pick the last three years has been obvious.
So you guarantee if Pitts is there we won't take him over a maybe available Smith or Waddle? Oh boy. Rafael Nadal, you're funny.

This whole thing is wrong, Chase had a better year than Jefferson when they played together so where do you get this idea jefferson is better. Both Bama WRs are inferior as well. smith is a Slot Receiver which we don't need. According to the Finheaven universe id you get injured you are injury prone so Waddle is injury prone. Chase is definitely the safest bet outside of Pitts

Smith is not a slot.

Out of curiosity, what do you feel he had left to prove in college? These kids don’t get paid to play. If he went out there and had a major injury he could have lost millions on his rookie contract. Guys like him and Sewell had nothing to gain by playing in 2020. The only reason they even stayed in college was due to not being draft eligible in 2019.

He had a lot to prove in my opinion.

1. How does he handle a different QB? He had Burrow when he played, I want to see him with someone else and make my comparisons.
2. Does he love the game, opting out means something about that....
3. He has not played football in a year, that means something. There are lots of reasons why guys who take a year off are not the same player.

If I'm investing in something I do not like question marks, OPT OUTS have question marks.

Fits in 2021

Waddle, Pitts, Chase, Smith

Long term

Pitts, Waddle, Chase, Smith

Listen! Not saying he’s the pick I would make. But I feel when you line up all the numbers, the physical traits etc. He’s the most nfl ready and able to contribute with the least learning curve on day 1.
Kyle Pitts? Chase good for sure, but what are your thoughts on Pitts?Chase also missed a year which isn’t insignificant...

If you had pretty even grades on 2 players and one had recent tape and the other's was over a year old which one would you select?
Tape isn't everything..If the projection is off. Chase is better than Smith. Smith is dropping like a fly. Waddle is better than both. If Waddle doesnt get a freak injury he was having a better year than Smith. That's the only reason he had such a historic season.

Plus..it's not even grades..most everyone thinks Chase is a superior talent to Smith..

Doesn't matter..Pitts is better than both.

Tape isn't everything..If the projection is off. Chase is better than Smith. Smith is dropping like a fly. Waddle is better than both. If Waddle doesnt get a freak injury he was having a better year than Smith. That's the only reason he had such a historic season.

Plus..it's not even grades..most everyone thinks Chase is a superior talent to Smith..

Doesn't matter..Pitts is better than both.
Smith had a late 1st or 2nd round grade last year, then he didn't declare. All he did in the meantime is put up one of the best season's for a WR in college history. I'm not going to be upset if they draft Chase or Pitts at 6. I just also won't be upset if it's Smith. The kid is a winner. I saw this DK Metcalf kid drop like a fly as well because of a 3 cone drill.

Smith had a late 1st or 2nd round grade last year, then he didn't declare. All he did in the meantime is put up one of the best season's for a WR in college history. I'm not going to be upset if they draft Chase or Pitts at 6. I just also won't be upset if it's Smith. The kid is a winner. I saw this DK Metcalf kid drop like a fly as well because of a 3 cone drill.
Smitty didn't even run..what's there to hide. DK Metcalf is another overrated chump..he'll be outta the league in no time.

Guaranteed star. I disagree with the comp of Daniel Jeremiah who claims Chase is a "Anquan Bolden with speed" but I do see why he says it. For me, I see a fluid WR who dominates every area and is deceptively dominant physically, with exceptionally elusive RAC ability and fantastic hands. His potential reminds me of a Jerry Rice type player. Rice timed in like the 4.6 range, but he flew by defenders and effortlessly dominated everyone. QB's all over the NFL are drooling to get a chance to work with Chase.

He had a lot to prove in my opinion.

1. How does he handle a different QB? He had Burrow when he played, I want to see him with someone else and make my comparisons.
2. Does he love the game, opting out means something about that....
3. He has not played football in a year, that means something. There are lots of reasons why guys who take a year off are not the same player.

If I'm investing in something I do not like question marks, OPT OUTS have question marks.

The big question mark is he didn't want to die from Covid.

He does well with contested balls and catches a bunch of underthrown balls as well too. Hmm this vid really showed how much underthrown balls Burrow had

Back
Top Bottom