Ja’marr Chase | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja’marr Chase

If you had pretty even grades on 2 players and one had recent tape and the other's was over a year old which one would you select?

That's called recency bias in logic. What difference does it make if the tape you saw is a year old or a month old? He did nothing in the last year to make anyone think what we saw a year ago no longer holds true.

If I have 2 players that demonstrate the same level of skill and finesse, the player with the superior physical attributes gets the benefit of the doubt, not the dude with the most recent game film.

So you guarantee if Pitts is there we won't take him over a maybe available Smith or Waddle? Oh boy. Rafael Nadal, you're funny.
Of course not. In fact, I personally would probably take Pitts there, but it's not about me. It's about who is the team likely targeting. They wouldn't trade down from 3 if Pitts were the target.

That's called recency bias in logic. What difference does it make if the tape you saw is a year old or a month old? He did nothing in the last year to make anyone think what we saw a year ago no longer holds true.

If I have 2 players that demonstrate the same level of skill and finesse, the player with the superior physical attributes gets the benefit of the doubt, not the dude with the most recent game film.
If you saw two girls on Tinder and one had a photo that was 5 years old and the other was taken yesterday I don't think you'd claim recency bias. :)

That's a nonsensical analogy. We're not talking about years ago, we're talking about months ago and in this particular instance Chase is a supermodel, I have reasonable confidence that such a person's appearance hasn't suffered greatly.

Take tight TE out of your mind. Pitts essentially a Wide Receiver who can line up anywhere and it with his size and speed he will open up our offense. What I’m hoping Miami will do is to draft a player who will will have an immediate impact and to me it’s either Waddle who brings value as WR and KR/PR or Pitts for his size and speed.

I tend to align with your thinking here.

Re: Waddle, unfortunately there will be a faction of fans that complain when he’s used as a returner too.

That's a nonsensical analogy. We're not talking about years ago, we're talking about months ago and in this particular instance Chase is a supermodel, I have reasonable confidence that such a person's appearance hasn't suffered greatly.
I think you'll find pro scouts feel differently about things than you or I do. Will the stock suffer greatly? I think it depends on how highly rated they were to begin with. All I know is that if you stack another year of great tape on top of your other years of it then you're much better off than having 1 year of great tape.

Out of curiosity, what do you feel he had left to prove in college? These kids don’t get paid to play. If he went out there and had a major injury he could have lost millions on his rookie contract. Guys like him and Sewell had nothing to gain by playing in 2020. The only reason they even stayed in college was due to not being draft eligible in 2019.
Yeah I like players to show they can produce consistently and not be a product of Jefferson and Burrow being on the team. Smith and Waddle have proven in a stacked room they produce with different Qb's they produce (Smith more so than Waddle) I think that shows more than what Chase did.

Yeah I like players to show they can produce consistently and not be a product of Jefferson and Burrow being on the team. Smith and Waddle have proven in a stacked room they produce with different Qb's they produce (Smith more so than Waddle) I think that shows more than what Chase did.
I thought Smith was Bama's best WR in 2019.

If you're not sold on a freakishly gifted player that had one of the greatest seasons ever at WR, playing in the SEC. I don't know why you'd be sold on Smith or Waddle.

Chase measured in at 6-02. Has run a 4.40/40. Can bench 315. Did 23 reps at 225 and weighs 207. He manhandles CBs and Cam Dantzler and AJ Terrell said he was the best WR they ever covered, but he's obviously fraudulent let's go with the 170 pound slot receiver that runs a 4.49/40 and benches 185 pounds.
But the so called greatest season ever at WR belongs to Smith not Chase. Smith had more everything last year than Chase did expect avg yards.

I don’t believe he is a target for Miami due to the opt out. I don’t feel this front office likes that.

I see him as a Mark Clayton lite.
Not 4.2 speed. Not blow you away in three cones or other time stats. However he got game time speed and always manage to get open.
Off topic, If you remember the obstacle course from the old "Superstars" show, Clayton showed just superhuman explosion and athleticism on it.

Guaranteed star. I disagree with the comp of Daniel Jeremiah who claims Chase is a "Anquan Bolden with speed" but I do see why he says it. For me, I see a fluid WR who dominates every area and is deceptively dominant physically, with exceptionally elusive RAC ability and fantastic hands. His potential reminds me of a Jerry Rice type player. Rice timed in like the 4.6 range, but he flew by defenders and effortlessly dominated everyone. QB's all over the NFL are drooling to get a chance to work with Chase.
Chase didn't really fly by defenders he caught a lot of contested stuff or schemed stuff. Just like CD Lamb.

Chase didn't really fly by defenders he caught a lot of contested stuff or schemed stuff. Just like CD Lamb.
He did catch a lot of contested stuff, and was far better than Justin Jefferson. I think we saw how Jefferson's skills translated to the NFL from that same system, and I really like Ja'Marr Chase's prospects. You make a decent comparison with CD Lamb, although at all times I've considered Ja'Marr Chase the better WR. I do give the edge to CD Lamb after the catch though. Both WR's are ones I like.

Back
Top Bottom