Jameis Winston Anyone?! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jameis Winston Anyone?!

AhC4S7o.gif

Nailed it^. These other responses are a bit too dramatic for me.

Who knows, the Lasik might be just what he needed to improve his accuracy another 5% and reduce his INT's to 15-20 instead of 30... Not saying he'd become great, but he'd be at least average. If the Lasik does help him, and you put him in a situation a la Tannehill you could honestly do OK with him (not advocating for him, just saying he's not horrible either).

He normally throws less than 20 interceptions. That's still a very high number. My problem is he throws the interceptions and doesn't seem to care about them. I know people say a good quarterback doesn't dwell on the mistakes and just focus on the drive at hand, but Winston just doesn't seem to care about the int numbers at all.

Time to grow our own strain and I'm not talking "herbal".

Speaking from someone who has terrible vision and didn't know it until I started misjudging fly-balls or passing the bball to the wrong team in pick-up games because faces were blurry, the lasik can make a world of difference. And I do mean a world. When I put on my first pair of glasses for the first time, an entire world openned up on me. I have to believe that his accuracy will greatly increase and his INTs greatly decrease.

Even then, draft, baby. We need OL in FA.

I tend to try to look past a qbs raw numbers and just ask if the game is on the line does he have the skills to move you down the field and get you a win? So many NFL games are decided in the final 6 minutes. In Winston's case he can make all the plays you need to will close games. Unfortunately he can make a ton of plays to take you out of close games too. I don't know that there's another qb that you place the blame for as many of his team's wins and loses at their feet as you can with Winston. When they lose it tends to be his fault and when they win it tends to be because he had a great game or drive late to pull it out.

Reports suggest he is unlikely to return in Tampa. Who wants a 5,000 yard 30 INT passer who just got LASIK and can now see the scoreboard?

Tua who?

Aaaaaaand that’s a big negatory from me. Character issues since college. (Multiple sexual assault cases, shop lifting crab legs) Always came across as a “Me First” kind of player. Not the kind of leadership I would want from the QB position.

Oh, and then there’s the interceptions.......

Jameis just spent a year under the tutelage of the quarterback whisperer Bruce Arians. And for Jameis to be available, Bruce has to fire him.

Seems pretty simple to me.

I mean I guess it is possible all of his problems were due to bad vision?

I refuse to believe a NFL team would draft and roll with a player for 4 or 5 years that was half blind and not address the problem?

So I am not expecting an amazing transformation or anything.

I like Jameis more than most. Such a talented passer of the football and has ideal size and only turned 26 this year. I think Miami would be crazy not to at least be intrigued.

He definitely had major maturity issues in college and well into his pro career but now that he became a father and has settled down you don’t hear about any of that crazy off the field stuff anymore. That was always my biggest concern.

I look at a coach like Flores, I think that would be the perfect guy running the team that could work with and get the best out of Jameis as a man and as a professional on and off the field.

And there are tons of jokes in this thread, but if you get top shelf Jameis Winston, he is an absolute top 5 talent at the QB position and I would rate that level of Jameis above anybody from the last 3 drafts, including Tua. Yea, I think highly of Jameis as a talent.

Dude was playing with a torn meniscus and a hand injury for most of last year and of course the well documented vision issues. He will be 100% going forward.

His big problem, and its a big one, is not knowing when to settle and make the smarter pass instead of the risky one and that gets him in trouble. But people on here claiming for pocket presence and improvising and ability to move through progressions and arm talent . . . .Jameis gives you all of that and would not cost us anything in draft compensation.

Hey I am not sure if Flores/Grier care to be bothered but if Flo tells Chris I want Jameis in here to lead this team, I am all in on that conviction. Thats one hell of a talent you are getting for nothing and can surround him with a boatload if high end picks the next two drafts.

Like I said, I am higher on Jameis than most and he is still young enough and talented enough to have many great days ahead. Miami might just be the fit that sees him reach those highs.

I would take him as the starter over Fitzpatrick but I don’t know if he would be the long term answer. It would be nice to see how having surgery to correct his eyesight affects his interception problem. For the right price he would be worth the risk IMO.

I would honestly consider Jameis under this staff if we can't get Tua or Burrow and he comes at a decent rate. He's still fairly young and if you implement a solid running game around him and he doesn't have to throw the ball 30 times a game I can see him being successful.
He's high risk and has a track record of making dumb embarrassing decisions off the field. With QBs like Fitz, Tannehill, Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Chad Pennington, etc - all high character married guys who we knew would not get into trouble off the field. Jameis is different - He may stay out of trouble for 6 months but you know in your heart that that he's capable of doing something absolutely stupid/reckless/crazy on any given day. He got away with the rape allegations at FSU with the help of the Seminole boosters (medical report said severe vaginal bruising) with an out of court settlement. He got away with the stolen crab claws with a rap on the knuckles. There was the inappropriate groping of the Uber driver that he got a 3 game suspension. The latest we now hear is that Jameis had Lasik surgery because of vision issues that he didn't want to bring up. Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to not realize that you have a vision problem and maybe need to see an optometrist?
There will always be excuses. We hear his assurances of how he's more mature, yes he has a big arm but the guy is not reliable. Maybe he can reduce the interceptions, but why even take a chance? If Bruce Arians at Tampa gives up on him after just 1 year with over 5000 receiving yards, then there is a good reason. Jameis is a coach killer.

Last edited:
I said this in another thread. If they draft Jordan Love, perhaps they could bring in Jameis Winston to "mentor" him. Love will be throwing 30 picks in no time under the "tutelage" of Crab Legs Winston.

Back
Top Bottom