Jameis Winston Anyone?! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jameis Winston Anyone?!

He's high risk and has a track record of making dumb embarrassing decisions off the field. We've had QBs like Fitz, Tannehill, Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Chad Pennington, etc - all players who we knew would not get into trouble off the field. Jameis may stay out of trouble for 6 months but you know in your heart that that he's capable of doing something absolutely stupid, reckless and crazy on any day. He got away with the rape allegations at FSU. He got away with the stolen crab claws with a rap on the knuckles. There was the inappropriate sexual advance to the Uber driver. Now we hear that Jameis had Lasik surgery because of vision issues that he didn't want to bring up. Seriously, how dumb do you have to be to not realize that you have a vision problem and maybe need to see an optometrist? etc, etc, etc.
There will always be excuses. We hear his assurances of how he's more mature, but the guy is not reliable. Maybe he can reduce the interceptions, but why take a chance? If Bruce Arians at Tampa has given up on him after just 1 year with over 5000 receiving yards, then there is a good reason. Jameis is a coach killer.

Just for perspective:

He hasn't gotten to any trouble off the field in 4 years, back when he was 21/22. He is 26 now.

He had a son during that time and got engaged to his long time girlfriend.

He has been active as ever in the community and constantly is involved in charities.

Its not that Arians has given up, its that Jameis is a pending FA and the Bucs have Shaquil Barrett as a pending FA and are likely gonna use the tag on him as pass rushers are at a premium this offseason and QBs are at a surplus. They are still interested in keeping Jameis but arent securing him via the tag which allows him to test the open market.

Reports suggest he is unlikely to return in Tampa. Who wants a 5,000 yard 30 INT passer who just got LASIK and can now see the scoreboard?

Tua who?
I will ask this? What's his market value? Is he considered someone that was rising like Tannehill or on the decline like Rivers? The reason why I ask, is because if it is a one year deal, with an option, I think you pull the trigger, especially with the cap room we have. If it's $100M guaranteed, then it's a hard pass. However, I do see TB franchising Barrett, and letting Winston look for a team. I don't see any team committing $100M, but then again, teams are desperate

He's also done a lot for the other teams with 30 INT's.....that's a big contribution

Its not all perfect. Its absolutely the biggest risk with Jameis (no longer the character). But lets not ignore the 30 TDs and 5000 yards passing either. Thats a big time talent and I like the setup here to get the best out of Jameis.

Hey I am interested and Miami should be at least intrigued.

Its not all perfect. Its absolutely the biggest risk with Jameis (no longer the character). But lets not ignore the 30 TDs and 5000 yards passing either. Thats a big time talent and I like the setup here to get the best out of Jameis.

so here is a scenario. Let's just say they get him for a short-term deal. do you still draft a qb and do you keep Fitzpatrick and or Rosen. All of a sudden we have qb's like no tomorrow lol

I will ask this? What's his market value? Is he considered someone that was rising like Tannehill or on the decline like Rivers? The reason why I ask, is because if it is a one year deal, with an option, I think you pull the trigger, especially with the cap room we have. If it's $100M guaranteed, then it's a hard pass. However, I do see TB franchising Barrett, and letting Winston look for a team. I don't see any team committing $100M, but then again, teams are desperate

I mean he is hardly on the decline, he just turned 26. I would say between 4/100 and 4/120. Probably guarantee 60 million.

so here is a scenario. Let's just say they get him for a short-term deal. do you still draft a qb and do you keep Fitzpatrick and or Rosen. All of a sudden we have qb's like no tomorrow lol

If you take Jameis in free agency, you would be letting go Fitzpatrick, keeping Rosen and then have your options open in the draft for whoever.

I'd take him over Rosen as a back-up.

However, IMO Jameis is like the QB version of Robert Nkemdiche…he has the look, the body, but just can't perform consistently. You just can't trust him…you don't even know if he really enjoys the game (same with Rosen).

Just for perspective:

He hasn't gotten to any trouble off the field in 4 years, back when he was 21/22. He is 26 now.

He had a son during that time and got engaged to his long time girlfriend.

He has been active as ever in the community and constantly is involved in charities.

Its not that Arians has given up, its that Jameis is a pending FA and the Bucs have Shaquil Barrett as a pending FA and are likely gonna use the tag on him as pass rushers are at a premium this offseason and QBs are at a surplus. They are still interested in keeping Jameis but arent securing him via the tag which allows him to test the open market.
The 3 game suspension for groping the Uber driver was served in the 2018 season - Fitz filled in for him during the absence. Maybe he is now a reliable responsible guy who does good work in the community but there's a theory, once a h'orndog always a h'orndog.

Last edited:
I'd take him over Rosen as a back-up.

However, IMO Jameis is like the QB version of Robert Nkemdiche…he has the look, the body, but just can't perform consistently. You just can't trust him…you don't even know if he really enjoys the game (same with Rosen).

I mean one guy couldn't even run the length of the field and the other guy just had a 5100 yard season throwing the ball . . .something only 4 other QBs have done in the history of the NFL.

These hot takes lol

The 3 game suspension for groping the Uber driver was served in the 2018 season. Maybe he is now a reliable responsible guy who does good work in the community but there's a theory, once a h'orndog always a h'orndog.

Yea, but the incident was from March 2016

I know I was just messing around bro

Publix will catch you stealing anything. Bodies everywhere

Back
Top Bottom