January 2000. Dan's last winning drive!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

January 2000. Dan's last winning drive!!!

Marino actually had a pretty average Senior year after having strong previous seasons and some think it's the reason why he fell to the bottom of the first round. Well, good for us then. :p

There was also the speculation that he smoked weed in college (What!?!) that made him drop. Like you said, good for us.

He had such a presence in the pocket, perfect balance when he stepped back from center or shotgun, and that famous bullet arm. Marino was one of a kind!

Question: Luck is lighting it up in college, did Marino play as well as Luck during his college days?
nope marino stunk it up his senior year in college. he even had a negative TD to INT ratio.

RIP Mad Dog...listen to game isn't the same w/o him. However nice memory.

I was there! First Dolphins game(last game at the Kingdome).People wanted to kill me in my Marino jersey after Dan led them back and knocked the Seahawks out of the playoffs. I have gone to 4 other Fins games and that was the only one that the Dolphins won. Although the mood was not so happy in that building that day. I would love to actually go to a Dolphins game and see them win at home. That is what we are missing the most "Home Field Advantage". I think Ross could live with 8-8 as long as they won at home and the seats were full.

My 10,000 post!

Yes, my 10,000 post. I guess that warrants something. But in my true style I wont start a thread, but contribute to another, since I don't start very many.

I have realized recently that there are many here on FH that have never known what it was like when we were the powerhouse. Not just for a few years, but for almost 30! We are in the top 2 or 3 in all time wins. Even with the past 10 years of futility. While for many it has manifested itself in apathy, there are a few of us old vets who, with the pearls of brilliance still in our memories, have cultivated an appreciation for what we really had. And how quickly we threw everything under the bus because we weren't in the playoffs. It was expected... not merely something you hoped for. Does anyone else remember the season we went 10-6 and MISSED the playoffs?

In 7 years of FH I've certainly mellowed. I truly appreciate these old videos. They renew my faith, more than relive what was great. It has taught me that there are no guarantees no matter who we bring in and who we may draft. So while some will want to Suck for Luck, I'll root for wins. Even if we only have one. Because I remember what it was like to be a winner. Old habits die hard. Like Marino.. I could never accept losing.

Oh we may be down now, the may kick the dirt in our face.. but we will rise again. You can be sure of that.

Why?

Because we're the Miami Dolphins. One of the Greatest Franchises in the History of Professional Football.

Mandich just made me laugh at the 1:02 mark

"that was aerodynamically impossible to do...."

LOL i love mad dog and will miss him :(

Classic Marino doing what did best. Nobody was as good as Dan at reading defenses and picking them apart. Still hate JJ for ruining the offense and holding Marino back. Its one thing to try and get a running game going, but if Dan see's something, let the man do what he was great at.

Watching that makes you remember what its like to actually have hope, win games, and get it done in the clutch.

Thank you Thank you Thank you for this. My kids got to see us as winners...

Aww man even called by Mad Dog. That's a beautiful thing. Thanks for posting it. What a dumb ****ing offense Dan had to put up with under JJ, but you cannot suppress true greatness. I loved watching that dude throw a football. We were blessed. That release is still unmatched lightning.

You guys actually enjoyed that Maddog commentary?

To me, it was corny and stupid......really really bad.

Back
Top Bottom