Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player)

Dmancari23

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Well, I have to admit, I was and still am very critical of this whole Jason Allen experiment. The guy looks absolutely lost. I don't care about the time he's missed. I think back and look back to the rookie seasons of Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Roy Williams and I am thinking we got owned with this pick. I questioned the pick from day 1. I'm extremely dissapointed that we passed on guys like Winston Justice, Chad Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, and Manny Lawson for this guy. I am a big Gators fan and watch alot of SEC football and this guy was nothing special at Tennessee.. I am hating this pick more than ever now. I know everyone will hate my opinion and say it's only preseason. That's a bunch of crock. There's plenty of guys out there making plays even though it's preseason. I hope he ends up being good, but wow is he making Saban look like an idiot for reaching and drafting him so early.

Give the kid some time.I dont no if he will be an Ed Reed type player but hes going to be good.He just needs more time.

give him some practice time. he missed a lot of camp.

I think he'll be amazing once he gets going...

I don't think he has played as well as we would have hoped but I'm not gonna call him the next Jamar Fletcher just yet. He looks incredibly fast and he will get better.

Dmancari23 said:
Well, I have to admit, I was and still am very critical of this whole Jason Allen experiment. The guy looks absolutely lost. .....

Can't argue the point. BUT...I think Saban is throwing him out there w/o the full training camp in an attempt to accelerate his learning curve. Lets give him the full pre-season and a few games in the real season...before we rip him completely. BUT....I tend to agree w/ your concern based on play (or lack thereof) thus far.

you guys need to accept the fact that not all first rounders bloom their first season in the nfl...

I hated the pick @ #16 from the start. I wouldn't have minded it very late in the 1st or early second, but this guy doesn't seem to have any talent just watching him. The only thing I've ever seen out of the guy is speed, and that more times than not does not equal success. If he's anything like he was in college, we're in for a bust. The Gators ALWAYS burnt this guy. Ask Chad Jackson what he thinks of Jason Allen, he probably has a few glimpses of him as he ran past him into the end zone of the years.

i said all along that i think he will be a bust. I hope im wrong but i think this team needed to address the ol at that 1st rd spot. I thought Tillman did a pretty decent job last season along with bell.

Dude you are so negative. I just looked at your last 15 posts and every single one of them was bashing our defense Jason or ronnie. Why all the hate

uga3406 said:
i said all along that i think he will be a bust. I hope im wrong but i think this team needed to address the ol at that 1st rd spot. I thought Tillman did a pretty decent job last season along with bell.

really? I just looked at your past posts...explain this then...

whitner or allen is smart pick for # 16
i come to think more and more about this, but here is why i think Donte Whitner or Jason Allen would be a good pick for us at 16. 1st off we need a saftey and nothing aganist bell and tillman , they did a good job last year but we need to bring in fresh blood. We need some one young back there. Whitner is very quick and i have watched him vs the likes of michigan and purdue and nd this year and he seems like he is everywhere on that field. We could use him. As far as Allen goes being a georgia fan i saw a lot of him. This guy rushes the qb and gets quite a bit of sacks and is a good tackler. He had 9 solos vs georgia and a sack this year i believe. To get either one of these guys on draft day would vastly improve our phins immediately. I look foward to sat. 04-23-2006

joeyme_2004 said:
Dude you are so negative. I just looked at your last 15 posts and every single one of them was bashing our defense Jason or ronnie. Why all the hate
Go look at my last post then, I was giving my support to Joey Harrington and Travis Minor. I'm not a fan of Ronnie, Daunte and Jason Allen. I was wanting other people over all three of them. They're here now, so it is what it is, but forums are opinions. I am a huge Dolphins fan, but I don't believe I need take my views and throw them out the door because of that. I have my reasons for not liking those 3 guys. I want the Phins to win, so if they help with that, excellent, but as far as having to like the guys, there's no reason for me to.

if you look back there are other posts that i bash allen. At the time it seemed like our only move, but the ol needed more. If he stinks so be it.

i think allen is an athlete a very good one, he will come around as a football player. one thing i find amusing at the moment, he has a penchant for getting owned while making tackles

Back
Top Bottom