Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player)

allen really sucks anyone can see that

I believe good fans support their team and its players through thick and thin....jason allen is our player like him or not....as fans we should support him untill he truly gives us reason not to....which dosent include looking like a rookie with 3 weeks of professional play....

it's game #2, missed a lot of practices with contract negotiations,, we need the man to be good so i'll keep hoping for the best and believing in our coaches and system to produce,,,it's very early to judge any rookie

Dmancari23 said:
Well, I have to admit, I was and still am very critical of this whole Jason Allen experiment. The guy looks absolutely lost. I don't care about the time he's missed. I think back and look back to the rookie seasons of Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Roy Williams and I am thinking we got owned with this pick. I questioned the pick from day 1. I'm extremely dissapointed that we passed on guys like Winston Justice, Chad Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, and Manny Lawson for this guy. I am a big Gators fan and watch alot of SEC football and this guy was nothing special at Tennessee.. I am hating this pick more than ever now. I know everyone will hate my opinion and say it's only preseason. That's a bunch of crock. There's plenty of guys out there making plays even though it's preseason. I hope he ends up being good, but wow is he making Saban look like an idiot for reaching and drafting him so early.

Just like ANY JOB IN THE WORKPLACE..theres things to learn. You have absolutely NO IDEA what the transition from college to the pros is like...I repeat...NO IDEA...so what makes you think you have the right to start criticizing Jason Allen so early? Oh....because you saw Ed Reed (one of the best backs in the LEAGUE) and others have big starts. Are you football illiterate? I mean really...do you not understand that there is an unlimited number of things that directly/indirectly affect a players performance?? Do you think Nick Saban could give a rats@$$ about the stats that Allen puts up this year? Hes going to use Allen however he wants to use him...that may mean hes not putting Allen in position to even make a big play...ever think of that? How about the supporting cast around you...that certainly has to do with the offenses gameplan..they may target a rookie such as Allen and exploit him because of his inexperience..

After all of this I hope you no longer judge Allen the same way until you atleast give him a legitamate chance...2 weeks into presseason after a holdout and youre ready to throw in the towel? Just admit that you're dissappointed with the pick that Nick made from the beginning...and accept that he believed Allen was going to be the best long term value to this organization...hasnt he been nearly always right thus far??? I will tell you this..I wanted nothing to do with Ronnie Brown before he was a dolphin. I was a total Cedric Benson supporter and when Ronnies named was called out I was very unhappy...but I changed my attitude about it because of the respect I have for Saban and his decision making and supported him as much as I would any other dolphin on the team. What happened...he wouldve been rookie of the year if it wasnt for Ricky...so I aint doubtin Saban thats for damn sure. Just wait an see.

I'd just like to add this comment really fast:

. . . Ray Lucas . . . looks amazing . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh, it's just preseason . . . :up:

Despacio said:
I'd just like to add this comment really fast:

. . . Ray Lucas . . . looks amazing . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh, it's just preseason . . . :up:

Checkmate....:lol:

i was probably the 1st person on record who hated that pic.

it was a comfort pic for nick and i am wondering what he is going to do when all the sec guys he played against or recruited are gone?

who will he draft?

the cracks are starting to open wide.......

Redneck Friend said:

it was a comfort pic for nick and i am wondering what he is going to do when all the sec guys he played against or recruited are gone?

who will he draft?

Thats a bit extreme. So far I like what Saban has done and I respect his picking good players from the SEC. Lets wait a bit before we flame Jason Allen. He is, after all, a rookie w/ minimal training camp experience.

I am MUCH more concerned w/ Will Allen. I think Jason will come along nicely and wind up being a great player....but I saw Will Allen getting beat throughout the first quarter and he has zero excuse...other then he sucks.

Redneck Friend said:

who will he draft?

:lol:
"The cracks"
Amazing...... :shakeno:

Wow, this thread makes me laugh. After 2 preseason games, fans are already tearing this guy up. All of the Jason haters come out and bash this guy. C'mon on now, I understand there isn't much else to talk about, and the criticism is fair, but to call this guy a bust is just crazy.

It's OK to say he had a bad game, just don't go over the top with it. I'm glad Big Daddy had a good game, otherwise he would be getting ripped up too I bet. I could see it now, "Big Daddy was a waste of time, and a waste roster space. What was Nick thinking getting this lazy, out of shape player." lol, finheaven has so many nfl critics, gotta love it.

This is a rather idiotic thread. If you look back to last year's secondary, the one that started the year with Madison, Jones, Schulters and Daniels, that you would have to describe as a 'veteran' group, they struggled thru 9-10 games before gelling in Saban's D and now you expect Allen, Allen, Hill and Daniels to step right in and be stars ?? Give it a rest. The preseason is supposed to be for Rookies to learn the pro game. Saban's secondary is very complex, particularly for the safeties. A lot different and more complex than what he came from. He made a mistake last night on one play...what about the rest of the snaps he took ?? Was every play bad that he made ?? I just love the "(Insert rookie name) is a bust threads...shows absolutely no common sense or knowledge of the game....

Back
Top Bottom