Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player)

armyfinfan said:
The only thing that concerns me is Jason Allen getting run over. He will learn coverages in time but what is the deal with him not being able to take down a runningback. On last nights finheaven official game thread some guys said he got owned by tampa's 3rd string RB. After watching his highlight video Im a little nervous this guy cant tackle.

forget it, nothing to worry about. Remember who the runner was in that highlight...not many 200 pound men ANYWHERE would not be tattood. He might be run over but he puts his head in there...something our former corners were loath to do.

cnc66 said:
forget it, nothing to worry about. Remember who the runner was in that highlight...not many 200 pound men ANYWHERE would not be tattood. He might be run over but he puts his head in there...something our former corners were loath to do.

Exactly, most guys would try to tippy toe and make a one handed tackle, he goes right in there and takes his medicine and comes down with the tackle . . he can tackle, actually one of the more surer things with him IMO, but with him playing CB its like he's not that center fielder anymore, he has to stick a guy . . and on the play its like he was looking at the whole field instead of his man, thats where the "mental error" comes in

My God. Another one of these idiotic threads.

Lagging behind all the other safeties?? Allen's the only one being forced to play CB exclusively. He got about 1 week at S and 1 week at CB. He was playing CB on the long TD last night and screwed up his assignment. Again, a busted assignment at CB.

Not sure how that makes him a bad safety.

Rookies' heads are swimming at this point in time. Allen's swimming at two positions. It's not fair to judge him right now.

Same thing happens every year. Last year it was "Ronne Brown's a bust" and "I knew it all along".

Kudos to the guy who brought up this person's previous posts praising Allen. :lol:

This guys a joke he is not a bust he is a never could be.The only thing worse then drafting him is the fact that this idiot had the nerve to hold out.I love Saben but his ****yness got him in to trouble this time.I know he is a great DB coach but cmon.

I think we've all woken up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat hearing those terrifying words "The Dolphins pick Eddie f-ing Moore". That's no excuse to freak out at the first sign that any new draft pick is not playing like a pro bowler in the preseason.

Take a prozac, sit down with a nice cup of tea and relax. :rolleyes2

This is a different coach who has an eye for talent and a lot more than the five brain cells that Wanny had. It's way to early to panic. Give it time, Allen has a lot of potential.

Mark my words this guy stinks not because last night he just stinks.I have been pissed off ever since the draft.Don't get me wrong I prey that St.Nick can pull off a miricle but I don't see it

Frank Suglio said:
Mark my words this guy stinks not because last night he just stinks.I have been pissed off ever since the draft.Don't get me wrong I prey that St.Nick can pull off a miricle but I don't see it

:shakeno: incredible

Frank Suglio said:

ok Frankie, we got um marked.. now maybe you can elaborate with some reasons you feel this way...

armyfinfan said:
The only thing that concerns me is Jason Allen getting run over. He will learn coverages in time but what is the deal with him not being able to take down a runningback. On last nights finheaven official game thread some guys said he got owned by tampa's 3rd string RB. After watching his highlight video Im a little nervous this guy cant tackle.

It happened on the sideline as the play was ending. Yeah he got rolled by a 5-9, 225-pound bowling ball that was playing FB earlier in camp. But the guy went down himself. As a safety, it's gonna happen. We'll just have to wait and see if it happens in the open field.

Davis proved hard to tackle for a lot of guys last night.

FiN.in.RI said:
Damn. Waaaay too early.

Don't let the fact that you hated the pick from day one cloud your judgement.

That's the rub. A lot of these guys didn't hate the pick. They just claim it now. :lol:

If you think Jason Allen is playing poorly, you should have seen how Troy Polamalu (arguably the best Safety in the game) played during most of his rookie year. The guy was totally lost most of the time. Look at him now....Its WAAAYYY too early to start the "this guy is a bust" threads. Didn't we do this last year?
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.--George Santayana

LarryFinFan said:
This is a rather idiotic thread. If you look back to last year's secondary, the one that started the year with Madison, Jones, Schulters and Daniels, that you would have to describe as a 'veteran' group, they struggled thru 9-10 games before gelling in Saban's D and now you expect Allen, Allen, Hill and Daniels to step right in and be stars ?? Give it a rest. The preseason is supposed to be for Rookies to learn the pro game. Saban's secondary is very complex, particularly for the safeties. A lot different and more complex than what he came from. He made a mistake last night on one play...what about the rest of the snaps he took ?? Was every play bad that he made ?? I just love the "(Insert rookie name) is a bust threads...shows absolutely no common sense or knowledge of the game....
Thank you for bringing some sense to this thread Larry.

He's not fast enough to be a man to man corner that we need, and he's not physical enough to make a impact at safety can we say over paid nickle and dime back.

Frank Suglio said:

Frankie, seriously...prozac...cup of tea. :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom