Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player)

Dmancari23 said:
Well, I have to admit, I was and still am very critical of this whole Jason Allen experiment. The guy looks absolutely lost.

I stop here in the first paragraph of this thread for one very simple reason.

You have said nothing..

"The guy looks absolutely lost." Then you went off on some diatribe about OTHER players..Then you had the nerve to say that he is making "Saban look like an idiot for reaching and drafting him so early."

Why does he appear lost to you?
What play did you see that he blew his assignment?
Where did he align incorrectly?
When did he miss a tackle?

Was his assignment "Man" on the play you will cite?
Was his assignment "contain" on the play you will cite?
Was his assignment "blitz" on the play you will cite?
Was he the third man to arrive on a tackle (force fumble)?
Will you cite anything other than "Pee Wee" knowledge of the position he is playing?

I believe someone is lost but it is not Jason Allen.

No you could agree I'm just saying it's O.K. to disagree every once in a while and I'm sick of everyone bashing anyone who disagrees

I agree, Jason Allen is definitely not looking like a starting caliber player. He has 2 games left to prove himself that he is ready for Pittsburgh, if he doesn't show improvement then I think Hill and Tillman would be our starting safeties, with Will Allen/Andre Goodman/Travis Daniels as our corners.

That's what you get for holding out. You miss alot of practices, and you get burned by a 5th string WR and trucked by a 3rd string RB.

Frank Suglio said:
That is why Deion never raced in the NFL fastest man contest and answered the ? of how fast are you really by saying as fast as I need to be.Because he didn't have a great 40 time but he was football fast & he knew how to cover people

:rolleyes:

Deion ran a 4.3 on a bad day, his official time was a 4.21. He supposedly ran a 4.17 when he was at Florida State.

Frank Suglio said:
No you could agree I'm just saying it's O.K. to disagree every once in a while and I'm sick of everyone bashing anyone who disagrees

bring up good reasons to disagree and i dont think anyone would bash you

Frank Suglio said:

we are bashing people who are making stupid comments about a rookie in a preseason game. We don't care if you agree or disagree on a lot of accounts, but don't you think it's harsh to bash a rookie who is playing two positions?

Frank Suglio said:
That is why Deion never raced in the NFL fastest man contest and answered the ? of how fast are you really by saying as fast as I need to be.Because he didn't have a great 40 time but he was football fast & he knew how to cover people

All I know is, when I went to a Yankee exhibition game at Lockhart stadium one time, Deion hit a slow roller that got passed the pitcher and unbelievalby he was on second base, I was like wtf?

That is besides the point, this kid JAllen had a great combine period, good 40 time, good vertical leap, excellent in the shuttles . . and was a beast his junior year in college . . and this a kid comming off of a very serious hip injury. Why are u comparing him to one of the better CB's in NFL history . . JAllen is a safety, with the ability to learn and play corner . . but he was drafted to be a safety . . its actually unfortunate that he must play CB right now, because he is losing reps at the FS position . . but we have good safety depth, terrible CB depth, so by NIck giving him the reigns to learn this position shows u the confidence he has in JAllen to learn the position and be effective. For a kid who has been in camp less than 2 weeks, and has seen a TON of action in the preseason already speaks volumes to what Saban expects and wants out of Allen, he is the real deal.

I'm not saying he wasn't fast I'm saing he wasn't the fastest to play corner but he was the BEST

Dmancari23 said:
I was looking for 5 other guys
1.) Chad Jackson
2.) Winston Justice
3.) Manny Lawson
4.) Antonio Cromartie
5.) Manny Lawson

I wanted nothing to do with Allen. As I've said a 1000 times, I've seen that guy play my Gators and get absolutely burned and ran over countless times. But, hopefully he develops into a starter. Right now he has every other safety on the team outplaying him. No wonder he came off the field with a towel over his head. He should be embarrassed.

Let me quess....you really wanted and looked at Lawson 2/5ths of the time when compared to the other 3???? (Actually who was the real 5th player you wanted?)

P.S. Allen will be fine. Being on the field for two preseason TD's does not a defensive failure make.

deion is on record as being the fastest player ever for the Criminoles....sub 4.2 I believe

Frank Suglio said:
I'm not saying he wasn't fast I'm saing he wasn't the fastest to play corner but he was the BEST

really?

40 times mean nothing neither does ideal size Ed Reed is small but hits like a beast and Deion Sanders 40 time wasn't all that but he knew how to cover people

Frank Suglio said:

Who was faster? Maybe Darryl Green, thats about it . . and that is even questionable. Deion was electric . . and he did it on the big stage, case in point "Prime Time". He wasn't even the most technically sound CB, but his speed was amazing and really helped cover any weaknesses he had.

Dmancari23 said:
Well, I have to admit, I was and still am very critical of this whole Jason Allen experiment. The guy looks absolutely lost. I don't care about the time he's missed. I think back and look back to the rookie seasons of Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Roy Williams and I am thinking we got owned with this pick. I questioned the pick from day 1. I'm extremely dissapointed that we passed on guys like Winston Justice, Chad Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, and Manny Lawson for this guy. I am a big Gators fan and watch alot of SEC football and this guy was nothing special at Tennessee.. I am hating this pick more than ever now. I know everyone will hate my opinion and say it's only preseason. That's a bunch of crock. There's plenty of guys out there making plays even though it's preseason. I hope he ends up being good, but wow is he making Saban look like an idiot for reaching and drafting him so early.

Did you watch Cromartie play the other night against the bears? The guy had like 3 penalties and they showed 2 other times where he should have been called when he got out of position and had to grab the guy so he couldn't get open. Now I don't have your eye for talent so I won't call him a bust just yet. But maybe he is a rookie and needs more experience at a higher level to adjust to it........ just like Jason Allen.
Seriously, if you want to say you don't like the pick fine. But don't get on here after 2 preseason games proclaiming bust. I think just doing that says something about a persons character. No need for that brook trout look on your face. In your defense I will say it wouldn't have mattered who we took or how good they were doing. Some narrow minded person was going to start a thread like this...... I guess it just happened to be you this year.

ChambersWI said:
we are bashing people who are making stupid comments about a rookie in a preseason game. We don't care if you agree or disagree on a lot of accounts, but don't you think it's harsh to bash a rookie who is playing two positions?
I'm not bashing him for the 2 preseason games my first thread said that I'm just saying it's O.K. if someone happens to think we made a mistake and I'm shore every fin fan would agree no matter if they like allen or not that we all prey that Saban can mold him.Like I said earlier I pray I'm wrong & you all are right

Back
Top Bottom