Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Allen (not looking like a starting caliber player)

uga3406 said:
if you look back there are other posts that i bash allen. At the time it seemed like our only move, but the ol needed more. If he stinks so be it.

im sorry. i also see other posts where you praise him. Give it a rest man, its easy never being wrong if you never choose a side to be on. If you don't like Allen, then don't like him. But don't say you've called him a bust since day one when i just brought up a post where you even said he'd be a good pick at 16

Saban4prez said:
really? I just looked at your past posts...explain this then...

LMFAO......:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

I hate folks who actually check prior posts....... :cooldude:

Saban4prez said:
im sorry. i also see other posts where you praise him. Give it a rest man, its easy never being wrong if you never choose a side to be on. If you don't like Allen, then don't like him. But don't say you've called him a bust since day one when i just brought up a post where you even said he'd be a good pick at 16
I agree with that. At least you will never be able to find a post where I supported the guy. I have been dissappointed in the pick from the gate.

Dmancari23 said:
I agree with that. At least you will never be able to find a post where I supported the guy. I have been dissappointed in the pick from the gate.

Understandable. I mean, i didn't even know who he was when he drafted him. :confused2

i wanted Lawson. But either way, i believed saban knew what he was doing, and i still do.

Well, I'm going to give Saban the benefit of the doubt that he may acutally know more than I do about talent in the NFL. I'll wait before making any judgements.

I was looking for 5 other guys
1.) Chad Jackson
2.) Winston Justice
3.) Manny Lawson
4.) Antonio Cromartie
5.) Manny Lawson

I wanted nothing to do with Allen. As I've said a 1000 times, I've seen that guy play my Gators and get absolutely burned and ran over countless times. But, hopefully he develops into a starter. Right now he has every other safety on the team outplaying him. No wonder he came off the field with a towel over his head. He should be embarrassed.

he hasnt been to many practices so give him time.our secondary is killing us so far this year

I cant believe you guys are so harsh on a player that plays a tough position after he's only had about 2 weeks worth of practices. Its almost as bad as the people that think we need 2 good and starting calibur players for every position, especially halfback, incase one of the starters happens to go down.

Looks like the bust thread season is coming early this year.... Make haste rookies your chance to prove yourselves is almost over Already !!!

Dmancari23 said:
Well, I have to admit, I was and still am very critical of this whole Jason Allen experiment. The guy looks absolutely lost. I don't care about the time he's missed. I think back and look back to the rookie seasons of Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Roy Williams and I am thinking we got owned with this pick. I questioned the pick from day 1. I'm extremely dissapointed that we passed on guys like Winston Justice, Chad Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, and Manny Lawson for this guy. I am a big Gators fan and watch alot of SEC football and this guy was nothing special at Tennessee.. I am hating this pick more than ever now. I know everyone will hate my opinion and say it's only preseason. That's a bunch of crock. There's plenty of guys out there making plays even though it's preseason. I hope he ends up being good, but wow is he making Saban look like an idiot for reaching and drafting him so early.

It's a litte early for a comment like this.

HugeFinFan said:
All this criticism...:lastyr:

You mean like the "Ronnie Brown is a bust" threads. :lol:

Every year it's the same garbage.

Dmancari23 said:
Well, I have to admit, I was and still am very critical of this whole Jason Allen experiment. The guy looks absolutely lost. I don't care about the time he's missed. I think back and look back to the rookie seasons of Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Roy Williams and I am thinking we got owned with this pick. I questioned the pick from day 1.

I doubt you watched Ed Reed, and the others this closely first of all and second of all you said "I think back and look back to the rookie seasons" Not first two pre season games. Did we all have this same talk about Ronnie Brown not a year ago... 2 games in to the year, he's a bust!

if anybody can get this rook's head on straight by seasons start, it Nick Saban...after all, he was a secondary coach. I would trust him over anyone now

Back
Top Bottom