Jason Cole on Cold Pizza..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole on Cold Pizza.....

Section126 said:
What a dweeb.....and he is so full of himself.......

Here is a quote: "There are some things that he does (Saban) that make you scratch your head...but I don't want to get in a war with the man...if he fails here..he will have the media crawling all over him."

:rolleyes:
It angers me to hear that. THE MEDIA are the only one's threatening Saban to make sure he does right. I would believe most of us fans know there is always a chance for continued failure even with a new coach (look at Cincy and Arizona until recently). However, we AS FANS know that we can't get any worse than the clusterf#@ck we had the last couple seasons with Wannstedt.

IMO we as fans will only dislike Saban if he pulls some kind of crazy, illogical stuff which doesn't seem like it's possible. I don't think any of us ever saw Wanny as a slacker, it was just his football decisions made no damn sense sometime and he made too many decisions based on being people's "friend".

To the Miami media....Why are you all so hell bent on sticking up for Wannstedt even though he is long gone and deservedly so???? Us as fans are elated about it!!

inFINSible said:
Yelling at employees for stocking the wrong size Little Debbies is a head scratcher.

Whoa slow down! That's very serious, if they are too small he would need them to bring out two packages instead of one. You don't mess with the Little Debbies! :lol:

NaboCane said:
I don't agree with this petty little war the press has with Saban, but on the other hand how would you feel if someone came along and f****d with your livelihood, the thing that puts food on the table for your kids?

They did it to theirselves, man, with all their crap over the last few years. Saban commented on one of the interviews the other day (maybe with Fat Hank? or Lebatard?) that it would lighten up, somewhat, later on, but it was important that he established the tone when he came in, especially in light of the information he'd been given that the media had published reports in the past which hurt the Phins' competitive edge and team chemistry.

Gitrdone said:
Whoa slow down! That's very serious, if they are too small he would need them to bring out two packages instead of one. You don't mess with the Little Debbies! :lol:
:lol:

Agua said:
They did it to theirselves, man, with all their crap over the last few years. Saban commented on one of the interviews the other day (maybe with Fat Hank? or Lebatard?) that it would lighten up, somewhat, later on, but it was important that he established the tone when he came in, especially in light of the information he'd been given that the media had published reports in the past which hurt the Phins' competitive edge and team chemistry.
I hadn't heard that but, I think the only way that he will lighten up, is if they prove that they can be trusted and the more they keep coming out with negativity against him, the less likely it is that he will ever trust them.

I think the lightening up will probably come in terms of privileges. More people might be available more often to them. They might be allowed in their old clubhouse somewhat more often. They're never going to get the sort of "trust" (which was really more apathy than anything) they got out of Wanny, though.

I think he's already lightened up a little bit by having two interviews on successive days with LeBatard and Fat Hank, then PCs at the minicamps and interviews with the players.

cole wasnt dissing Sabans media rules. He stated that it was the same philosophy that BB has. he also stated that HE did not want to get into a war with saban about the policy, but the media in general would jump on Saban if he fails.

Agua said:

Doesn't matter, man. Your argument still fails to recognize the reality: that a situation exists, and it needs resolution.

The real problem is that both sides are still in the posturing stage, and no one is laying down arms to talk about it. That's what will resolve this in the end - Saban isn't going away, and neither is the media. Even hateful b*stards like lebatard aren't going anywhere, this just needs to be resolved or it's going to long, ugly, bloody and uncomfortable to witness as a fan.

Gitrdone said:

what kind of little debbies are they?

I gotta know

what are peoples beef with cole? i think hes a good writer AND he takes time out to answer fans Qs on the herald website as well. (w/o getting paid for it)

If Saban fails, the media will be all over him whether he's their best friend or not. And if he succeeds, they'll all jump on the bandwagon of how great he is.

Back
Top Bottom