Jason Cole on Cold Pizza..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole on Cold Pizza.....

Gitrdone said:
Whoa slow down! That's very serious, if they are too small he would need them to bring out two packages instead of one. You don't mess with the Little Debbies! :lol:

Anyone who likes Little Debbie is a friend of mine. Mmmmmmmmm.....fudge rounds.

Anybody who reads JC's Q&A column will see that - while he's frustrated with Saban's media policy - he's willing to give him the beneift of the doubt. He also sees Saban as a very intelligent man who has made some nice personel decisions. He also said he's not interested in getting into a "war" w/ Saban, and after that - he stated the fact that the media would trash Saban if he fails. Like they wouldn't trash him no matter what if he fails! I'll give Cole a pass on this one!

Jimmy James said:
I think the lightening up will probably come in terms of privileges. More people might be available more often to them. They might be allowed in their old clubhouse somewhat more often. They're never going to get the sort of "trust" (which was really more apathy than anything) they got out of Wanny, though.

Bingo. I think that as time goes on, you will probably see Saban start to play favorites with some reporters as opposed to others, perhaps granting a little more access to them. And why not? Why not try to engender the fawning press that Bill Belichick enjoys? I think the unspoken message will be "cover the team in a way that I see fit, and you'll get more access."

Peter King, for one, already appears to be positioning himself as a Saban buddy. I'm a HUGE fan of King's work, but he seems to go out of his way to give Saban props. Not that I mind that, but it merits mention.

Jason Cole seems just fine to me. One thing that makes you scratch your head is why Saban wants a QB competition with a has been/never was and Feely. I am not a Feely fan but he will never make it if he does not get treated like the #1, due to confidence and practice reps.

Why not draft a QB?
Why Media restrictions?
Why not B Edwards?

Lots of head scratches if you are not busy clapping for his every move. I do think he has done wonders so far, but no one is perfect. Sometimes he is hailed as too perfect on this site. As far as not saying the dolphins suck on this site.

Last year...The Dophins Sucked! No question. Laughing stock actually.

Fin fan since 1973.

I think Cole's ok as well. I know some Fla residents have a beef with him over some trade rumors in the NBA that never came to fruition some years ago.

I agree with Saban's decisions to restrict media access and close practices. He said it was due to some incidents that have occurred in the past between players, the media and fans. I believe it's the right thing to do. You can't have players "crying" to the media when things aren't going as they'd like. Likely the media is more upset about getting those types of stories and was hoping for the status quo. You also don't want distractions from the fans during practices especially when you're trying to recreate the team's image and install new systems.

Thus far the media seems to be doing a good job covering the Dolphins despite the restrictions. As a fan I'm happy with what I'm reading despite the petty bickering that's occurred from time to time.

NaboCane said:
Doesn't matter, man. Your argument still fails to recognize the reality: that a situation exists, and it needs resolution.

The real problem is that both sides are still in the posturing stage, and no one is laying down arms to talk about it. That's what will resolve this in the end - Saban isn't going away, and neither is the media. Even hateful b*stards like lebatard aren't going anywhere, this just needs to be resolved or it's going to long, ugly, bloody and uncomfortable to witness as a fan.

Ugly, bloody and uncomfortable? As a fan, who cares? Saban is setting the tone and letting everyone know who is boss. The media will have to cater to him, especially with the fans fully in support of Saban. He is following a precedent of dealing with the media set by Parcells and Belichick, guys who have won a combined 5 Super Bowls. That is what I care about as a fan, not whether the media likes him or not. If he wins, the media will fawn over the guy.

Section126 said:
What a dweeb.....and he is so full of himself.......

Here is a quote: "There are some things that he does (Saban) that make you scratch your head...but I don't want to get in a war with the man...if he fails here..he will have the media crawling all over him."

:rolleyes:
Cole is an expert at failing at his job. Not many Dolfans think much of most of the Miami sports media.

Cole is so low in fact on the pole that Saban won't even go out of his was to smash him.

Agua said:
They did it to theirselves, man, with all their crap over the last few years. Saban commented on one of the interviews the other day (maybe with Fat Hank? or Lebatard?) that it would lighten up, somewhat, later on, but it was important that he established the tone when he came in, especially in light of the information he'd been given that the media had published reports in the past which hurt the Phins' competitive edge and team chemistry.

Exactly!

You know, I don't care if it is Jason Cole, Armando Salguero, Ethan Skolnick, Edwin Pope, or Alex Marvez.........a war of words with Saban is a war they WILL NOT WIN!

NaboCane said:
What's he saying except the truth? If Saban falters, the media WILL be all over him because of the way he's treated them. That's a fact. Right or wrong, that's the truth.

I don't agree with this petty little war the press has with Saban, but on the other hand how would you feel if someone came along and f****d with your livelihood, the thing that puts food on the table for your kids?

As a fan I hate this s**t, I'd rather see cooperation and mutual respect. But taking a side blindly isn't going to help anything, seeing as both sides are dead wrong here.
I think thats what the Media guys dont get though Nabo.....
They are already trying to "be all over Saban" before a games been played. They are part of the problem in Miami. Saban see's it and he's dealing with it. Those same problem people are the same guys reporting the nonsense like Cole's latest. They take turns knocking what is going on with the Fins.

I really hope Saban is successful right away. It will shut them up. They are all hoping he falters so they can point and say "see...his way doesnt work."

Finland said:
Why not draft a QB?
Why Media restrictions?
Why not B Edwards?

Fin fan since 1973.

Why not draft a QB?
I hoped Miami would draft Alex Smith. I heard on draft day that Saban even tried to trade UP for him. But it didn't happen. He likely passed on the other QB's because the QB worth the second pick was not on the board perhaps? That could be it. In fact, maybe he has confidence in the QB's on our current roster when he compared them to the rest of the QB's in the draft after Smith.
Or perhaps Saban decided based on his knowledge of football that there were players available that were that much better than any QB available? Who knows! However, if you think thats a head scratcher, I think you are reaching. Those answers you are basing your opinion on (the draft talent and QB situation) are things Saban is best qualified to handle and decide on. Not a head scratcher question. Why draft a QB that Saban has rated lower than Feeley? Thats only a head scratcher to you because you don't have the understanding of the situation or opinion that Saban has.

Why Media restrictions?

Perhaps it is because the Media in Miami (See Armondo-Gate) has proven over time to be mis-leading, to attempt to stir trouble, and doesnt have the Dolphins best interest at heart. Nor do they want to see Miami successful. Do you honestly think Cole wants Saban to have a playoff season this year or any measure of success? Based on his last article, I think not. I don't see his limits on the Media as a head scratcher at all. I see it as a necessity. The media in South Florida is the enemy of the Miami Dolphins. I don't want a media that only has roses to share about my team, but they are negative way too often and about things they arent well enough schooled to analyze.

Why not B Edwards?

The same reason he didnt draft a QB.

Head scratchers? I think not. People (fans and media) like to think they have a better understanding of the situation than they really do.

Once again a case where the press hates Saban becauses he allows no access to the coaching staff and players. How more transparent can these reporters be!! They might want to rethink what they say before opening their mouths, otherwise Saban won't waste any time with them!! :fire:

If you guys don't like the media, don't read their stuff. Find someone you do like...there are enough reporters in this country to follow. Every reporter that I've ever spoken to has been very receptive in answering e-mails, taking criticism, and the like.

BTW, I e-mailed Skolnick with a comment about his two articles (and it wasn't bashing him, either). I asked him if Saban had a reaction to it, and he did...I'm not going to say what it was because it might be his next column, but it wasn't what I expected at all. And Skolnick wasn't banned from Dolphinland, either.

Back
Top Bottom