Jason Cole tweeting Tannehill had knee drained twice - 50/50 to start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole tweeting Tannehill had knee drained twice - 50/50 to start

If the decision to start RT17 is made, you've gotta assume it'll be an informed one as a couple of smart mature football folks, Sherman and Philbin put their heads together to assess the risk to our young franchise QB. I will certainly yield to their collective wisdom on this.

You just know that if The Meatball was still fistpumping on the sidelines, he'd be starting Ryan Jake-style, prudent judgment and eye to the future be damned. But Tony (in tandem with Capt Oblivious) is the jest problem now thankfully.

We should start Moore this week. Guy likes to throw em deep, the safeties will back off and we can get our run game going against their crap D.

First it's reported that he took all first-team snaps today, then shortly afterwards, we hear he had his knee drained twice and is 50/50 to play? Yeah, that sounds like Philbin messing with the Colts to me. He is make them prep for both QBs. I have zero doubt that Tannehill plays Sunday...

Simply having a knee drained is not that big a deal. Though I would be curious to see what the fluid was(i.e. if it was bloody fluid which could mean there was more trauma than initially anticipated).

Knees can swell after minimal trauma. It is kind of the body's over reaction to things.

Like I said before the decision shouldn't come down to a safety/precaution issue but an effectiveness issue.
Will knee pain and some mild swelling limit Ryan from doing all the things he needs to do to protect himself and perform.

Play him.

Good QBs play through this stuff. Manning played with his jaw wired shut after it got broken (by our own Lorenzo Bromell) his first or second year in the league. Tom Brady is always hurt, so is Roethlisberger.

Mike Sherman coached Brett Favre. He knows this better than anyone.

If he's had his knee drained twice...it's Thursday, I will be extremely shocked to see him start. Moore is certainly capable of getting us this win. No need whatsoever to put Tannehill in this game and risk further injury and set backs on his development. Everyone is hyped about the rookie showdown. We can see these two matched up at another time. No need to push Tanny into action.

First it's reported that he took all first-team snaps today, then shortly afterwards, we hear he had his knee drained twice and is 50/50 to play? Yeah, that sounds like Philbin messing with the Colts to me. He is make them prep for both QBs. I have zero doubt that Tannehill plays Sunday...

Agreed.
If nothing else they are being intentionally ambiguous to hamper the preparation of the Colts.

If you read that THill was taking first team stats during the open part of practice then he is a decoy for now, while Moore is taking snaps in the closed part of practice.

sit him. go with Moore.

Agreed.. Definitely sit him. We dont want to see him aggravating it.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I would believe our own beat writers over BSPN. The beat writers are there, BSPN isnt. Plus, its BSPN, the worst NFL reporting outlet.

Back
Top Bottom